Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line

It's December. BB's best time of year

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2011_1201wonderful_time_of_year_for_pats/

I'm glad to hear publically that BB is taking the Colts seriously.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2011_1201bills_hot_on_indys_trail_pats_coach_loses_cool/

"“I don’t agree with that, so you can go ahead on your soliloquy, but I just don’t agree with that,” Belichick said, cutting the reporter off. “You don’t think you can gauge a team based on how a player blocks (Colts defensive ends) Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis? Who else would you gauge it against? Are you kidding me?”"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line

i think it is a good test for the o-line, espescially with the injuries we have had...and this may be a good game for all the injured players in the secondary to come back and get back in to it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

In Response to Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line:
    [QUOTE]It's December. BB's best time of year http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2011_1201wonderful_time_of_year_for_pats/ I'm glad to hear publically that BB is taking the Colts seriously. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2011_1201bills_hot_on_indys_trail_pats_coach_loses_cool/ "“I don’t agree with that, so you can go ahead on your soliloquy, but I just don’t agree with that,” Belichick said, cutting the reporter off. “You don’t think you can gauge a team based on how a player blocks (Colts defensive ends) Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis? Who else would you gauge it against? Are you kidding me?”"
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I loved listening to the press conference.  The fact he called out the reporter using the word soliloquy is just icing on the cake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mathis and Freeney are class A pass rushers, our OL will be tested. Our DBs will be tested because the Colts WRs are elite, Brady will not be tested because the Colts DBs are terrible. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line:
    [QUOTE]Mathis and Freeney are class A pass rushers, our OL will be tested. Our DBs will be tested because the Colts WRs are elite, Brady will not be tested because the Colts DBs are terrible. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that last part only cuz in contradicts your statement regarding Mathis and Freeney. If Mathis and/or Freeney can regularly get to Brady w/ pressures and/or sacks - I would say that Brady would be tested and the state of the Colts' DBs won't make a difference because Brady won't have time to throw to open receivers.

If the Patriots throw in some runs, screens, and short passes in the flat to counter overaggressiveness of Mathis and Freeney, then Brady will have an easier time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The whole team will be tested. The Colts as winless as they are, still have tons of very talented players. Like BB and TB said, anything can happen, and the fact they are winless is meaningless.

Now the truth lies somewhere inbetween. We all know this is a QB league, and the Colts aren't scoring if we contain their running game, unless their QB steps up and plays well. This of course assumes TB doesn't throw 4 INTs that lead to scores. So while they are correct, the weakest link on the Colts team is the most important position in running the offense that puts points on the board.

I don't see the Colts defense limiting our offense to less than 20 points. With that, If I was a betting man, I would take the points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

You know the Colts are gonna come to play if only because it's the Patriots they're playing.

It seems like every team that plays the Pats treats the game like it's the Superbowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its been a great rivalry for the last decade.  Its too bad that it won't be much of that this year, and may never be again if a) manning can't come back and b) if Polian is let go. 

I'd say most of the colts fan faithful, don't hope for the former, but the tides are certainly turning regarding the latter. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Its been a great rivalry for the last decade.  Its too bad that it won't be much of that this year, and may never be again if a) manning can't come back and b) if Polian is let go.  I'd say most of the colts fan faithful, don't hope for the former, but the tides are certainly turning regarding the latter. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

honestly, i'm not sold on Luck.  if they let Manning go or if Manning can't come back, Luck won't survive the Colts' offensive line because they can't hide him behind the Power-I with those RBs and OLinemen.  I'm just not sold on Luck in general.  Robert Griffin III will be the best QB if he enters - he's Cam Newton 2.0 with a seemingly less shady history

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Nick - who knows.  As Parcells recently said, its too early to automatically crown Luck the first pick.  That probably was Leinert, too, after his Junior Heisman season, but then he stayed for his 

As for the colts line - don't forget they drafted 2 players.  Ijalana went to IR.  Costanzo's been hurt almost the entire season and missed a number of games.  If these were solid picks (only time will tell) then that's 2 good starters for the future.  For most of the year, the colts have been starting 4 udfas (that does include Saturday).  

Haven't seen the Griffin kid play, but I've heard he's good.  People are starting to talk up Barkley as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It will be a good test of how well our DBs can catch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think it's reasonable to expect the Pats to whomp Indy, but I don't think we should simply dismiss this out of hand.

Underdogg(gggg) makes a good point when he laments the passing of the Brady v. Manning rivalry. Beyond the endless disputation of who is what or why and for how long, we probably have come to the end of an era, and with New Jersey doing its normal slow fade back into obscurity, one can't help but wonder who will step up to be the Pats' antagonist . . .  

drum roll please . . .

going forward.

(god . . .   I hate that)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

For many this game will be a disappointment unless it's 75-0. There really is no winning here. They're supposed to win by alot. Unless someone new like Price or Vareen has a big game the forum will be rife with negativity Monday. People like new toys. But if it's the same old guys putting up the same old astronomical numbers it will be ho hum. "Oh Brady 3 TDs, Gronk another 100 yards and a TD, NFL's leading reciever Welker with 10 catches 150 yards, so what. Where's the deep threat?" For example see Eagles game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Its been a great rivalry for the last decade.  Its too bad that it won't be much of that this year, and may never be again if a) manning can't come back and b) if Polian is let go.  I'd say most of the colts fan faithful, don't hope for the former, but the tides are certainly turning regarding the latter. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well, if we beat you guys this weekend....it will be kind of a hollow win considering peyton is not playing. But a win is a win Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line : Well, if we beat you guys this weekend....it will be kind of a hollow win considering peyton is not playing. But a win is a win
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

But a brutal loss. Unthinkable

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]It will be a good test of how well our DBs can catch.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Now that is just uncalled for and hurtful to all colts fans.  Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Still A Good Test For Our Offensive Line : Now that is just uncalled for and hurtful to all colts fans. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, underdogg(gggg), but the last time I saw Colts "fans," they were waving Andrew Luck signs and chuckling over losing to N'awlins by . . .   what was it? . . .    60?

Call me callous, but I'm not having a lot of sympathy for them (you).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You sure they were colts fans?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]You sure they were colts fans?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Actually . . .   no.

I guess anybody can buy a jersey and a ticket.

Are you saying that the "fans" are only held accountable when the team is winning, and that you've got "bandwagon" Suck-for-Luck fans?

Is that your take?

Because if it is, I might actually engage you (entirely against my better judgment).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Nope - I am saying they could have been saints fans.  Or they could have been Stanford grads. 

Its also possible that those individuals were colts fans simply making light of a bad situation and hoping for a little pub (as they got) with their jerseys.  

However, to characterize an entire fan base by a couple of people seems ridiculously simplistic for such a complex man like you.  either that or you are just playing pats fan. 

But even a pats fan like you couldn't be stupid enough to think that colts fans are actually accepting this awful year just for the opportunity to select a player who might be the next manning or Tim Couch, could you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

UD6---what are you looking for in this weeks game?  the rest of the season for that matter?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Nope - I am saying they could have been saints fans.  Or they could have been Stanford grads.  Its also possible that those individuals were colts fans simply making light of a bad situation and hoping for a little pub (as they got) with their jerseys.   However, to characterize an entire fan base by a couple of people seems ridiculously simplistic for such a complex man like you.  either that or you are just playing pats fan.  But even a pats fan like you couldn't be stupid enough to think that colts fans are actually accepting this awful year just for the opportunity to select a player who might be the next manning or Tim Couch, could you?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What I'm suggesting is that when NBC chooses to spotlight -- during its marquee, prime-time broadcast -- a group of fans who are both sporting #18 jerseys and hanging a banner off the railing that explicity encourages the franchise to "Suck for Luck," that should tell you something about what the league considers valuable public relations and how it perceives said fan base.

No . . .  I'm not suggesting that the guys I saw on TV represent every Indianapolis Colts fan in creation -- any more than the drunken idiot I used to be represented every New England (nee: Bay State; nee: Boston) Patriots fan way back in those dim, dead days. What I am suggesting is that those people I saw on TV were very comfortable in their caprice, and as far as I could tell from what NBC chose to show me, they looked like the rule, rather than the exception.

If you don't care for that assessment, maybe you should talk to the network instead of hanging out on the forum of a far more professional franchise and a far more knowledgeable and loyal fanbase.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wow Pmike - you are easy.  stay away from sales people. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Nope - I am saying they could have been saints fans.  Or they could have been Stanford grads.  Its also possible that those individuals were colts fans simply making light of a bad situation and hoping for a little pub (as they got) with their jerseys.   However, to characterize an entire fan base by a couple of people seems ridiculously simplistic for such a complex man like you.  either that or you are just playing pats fan.  But even a pats fan like you couldn't be stupid enough to think that colts fans are actually accepting this awful year just for the opportunity to select a player who might be the next manning or Tim Couch, could you?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I dunno....look at Detroit and their history. They seemed to get quite a few early first round picks because of their woeful record - finally hitting on Suh as a successful #1 pick.

Although unlikely, it's still possible for teams to tank it if they've lost about 11 games and are 5 losses away from a #1 pick. What is your perception in ColtsLand? Is the team tanking the season on purpose for the #1 pick?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bubba -

rethink your first paragraph, how is Detroit's HISTORY and the colts history at all similar.  Yes, the colts are in the midst of the Detroit debacle, but Detroit's history had been one of sustained awfulness while the colts in the last decade have been to 2 superbowls winning one. 

As for the tanking, no, I don't believe it.  I don't believe people who's job depends on their performance choose not to play for the benefit of a potential high draft pick. 

I don't care how good Luck is, if he's drafted and Manning is not around, the colts will be bad again next year.  rookie QB success, Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton, is an aberration. 

Ultimately, this year's performance should get Polian and Caldwell canned, but I am concerned it won't.   If it doesn't, I think the owner will have used up every bit of good will built over the last decade. 

Sections
Shortcuts