Colts Still in Denial Over Trent Richardson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Colts Still in Denial Over Trent Richardson

Indianapolis Colts GM Ryan Grigson has stated yet again that he would make the Trent Richardson trade again in a heartbeat. In case y'all have forgotten, Grigson traded the Colts #1 draft choice this year for the second coming of Ron Dayne, Richardson. Grigson is clearly delusional: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/23/colts-insist-trent-richardson-was-worth-a-first-round-pick/ 

LOL!!!  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Colts Still in Denial Over Trent Richardson

It was a bad pick by Cleveland and even worse decision by the Colts.  A big save by Cleveland that's for sure.  Very, very poor decision by Grigson.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

unless Richardson figures out how to cut into open space or not run into his own blockers:

FLEECED

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Lombardi pulls this caper and gets canned for it? Pfft.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Indy needs to sign Donald Brown back, he's their best RB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Indy needs to sign Donald Brown back, he's their best RB.

[/QUOTE]

And he still stucks. 

[/QUOTE]

He was a bust due to where he was drafted but imo he would be a good 3rd down back on most teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi didn't get canned. He left. As did the team's CEO, Joe Banner.

The GM, CEO and Owner make up the triumvirate that runs every team. 2/3rds of that chose to leave, what's that say about the owner?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The GM, CEO and Owner make up the triumvirate that runs every team. 2/3rds of that chose to leave, what's that say about the owner?

[/QUOTE]

Is that what happened? I just assumed he was fired but I haven't really read up on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Grigson is overrated as a GM. Mindless Colt lovers like Gomez, a/k/a UD6, a/k/a The Dog(gggggg) will come here and spout that Grigson won the Sporting News "Executive of the Year" in 2012, as proof that he is a great GM. But, when examining the job Grigson did in 2012, was it really that great? Sure, the Colts went from a 2-14 worst team in the league to an 11-5 playoff team in one year. But, why did that happen? Was it the brilliance of Grigson, or was it the fact that the Colts were able to draft the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, in Andrew Luck?

No Grigson skill or luck brough Luck to the Colts. Tanking the 2011 season did that. It was a no-brainer that Indy would select Luck as the #1 overall pick. It also helped Grigson that he had the first pick in every round thereafter.

He is credited for adding several starters and/or contributors with his subsequent draft choices, such as TE Toby Fleener, TE Dwayne Allen, WR T.Y. Hilton (incidently, Hilton was the 92nd pick overall, for those of you who don't think a late third round pick is worth anything...the Pats took DE Jake Bequette at #90), and RB Vick Ballard (170th overall). He he further credited for acquiring CB Vontae Davis for a 2nd round pick, and adding some decent free agents to bolster his roster. 

Sorry...but big deal. The Colts were the worst team in the NFL. Is it that hard to find players who are improvements over what the Colts hasd in 2011? Let's face it, the team turned around from worst to an 11-5 record primary due to the brilliance of rookie QB, Andrew Luck.

While I credit Grigson for having guts enough to pull off a major trade, trading his first round pick in 2014 for a RB who wasn't cutting it on another club made no sense. Nor am I relying on hindsight. I criticized the Richardson deal at the time it was consumated. Y'all may recall the spirited back and forth I had with Gomez at the time the trade was made.    

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that what happened? I just assumed he was fired but I haven't really read up on it.

[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to get a handle on what actually happened, either. Seems that the owner want Joe Banner out, because of his over-reaching. Lombardi was seemingly blamed for failing to land a top flight head coach:  http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/cleveland_browns_part_ways_wit_2.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I cant imagine Lombardi was thrilled to leave a team he just joined and certainly had pointed in the right direction even though apparently no coaches want to work for the owner. Oh well, im glad he is helping BB again. The more experienced scouts, personnel guys and coaches who share BB's philosophies is welcome!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a bad pick by Cleveland and even worse decision by the Colts.  A big save by Cleveland that's for sure.  Very, very poor decision by Grigson.  

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi might be the first GM to execute such a heist in his first year as GM. Cleveland is owned by a moron.

I think it was Holmgren who picked RIchardson, Lombardi fixed the blunder, and then Cleveland fires the guy was on the way to completely fixing the situation.  Cannot be made up.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Why wasn't it Idzik fleecing Tampa for a very high first rounder for Revis coming off a blown out knee and having to pay 15 mil per?  Now that was a "fleecing"  for a "first time GM"  and you are an idiot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Reiss was hammering the Colts today over on ESPN Boston, but in a polite way. lol

The Colts only have 5 picks in this deep draft and no 1st rd pick.  Ouch.

Whenever I read about one of the all time great heists, I think of Mt Hurl approving of this trade when it happened. Cannot be made up.

The Colts couldn't get Caserio and settled on Grigson. bawhahah

[/QUOTE]

Deep draft, Queenie?  Will you now be referring to the 2014 draft as the deepest draft in 25 years?   Idiot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Reiss was hammering the Colts today over on ESPN Boston, but in a polite way. lol

Whenever I read about one of the all time great heists, I think of Mt Hurl approving of this trade when it happened. Cannot be made up.

[/QUOTE]

Deep draft, Queenie?  Will you now be referring to the 2014 draft as the deepest draft in 25 years?   Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Whether you agree that it is a deep draft or not you are the repeat offender of idiocy. How that COUNT DOWN TO THE MELTDOWN go for you in the SB? Manning showed his pathetic nature against a good team.. and in the best weather too.

But back to the draft... some experts have in fact said it was a deep draft. SO agree with him or not all you got is name calling. You are a fool of the highest order.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whether you agree that it is a deep draft or not you are the repeat offender of idiocy. How that COUNT DOWN TO THE MELTDOWN go for you in the SB? Manning showed his pathetic nature against a good team.. and in the best weather too.

But back to the draft... some experts have in fact said it was a deep draft. SO agree with him or not all you got is name calling. You are a fool of the highest order.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, how 'bout this?  Shut your pie hole.  Queenie is an idiot.  The fact that he's called the 2010 draft "the deepest draft in 25 years" based not upon what actually happened with that draft, but on preseason reports, like ones you seem to be enamored with is no longer proof of him being a moron, but you too.... idiot. 

Oh, and Manning's "pathetic nature"?  God, you're a tool. Yes, a HOF QB who has the all time record for the most prolific offense has a "pathetic nature"  You want pathetic nature? Look in the mirror.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh, and Manning's "pathetic nature"?  God, you're a tool. Yes, a HOF QB who has the all time record for the most prolific offense has a "pathetic nature"  You want pathetic nature? Look in the mirror.

[/QUOTE]

Getting away from you ongoing war with Rusty, Mike...I thought that you might weigh in on the issue of Colts GM Grigson. He won the Executive of the Year award in 2012. I thought that John Elway should have won that award instead.

As for Executive of the Year for 2013, Elway should be high on the list again, along with Seattle GM Snyder. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi might be the first GM to execute such a heist in his first year as GM. Cleveland is owned by a moron.

I think it was Holmgren who picked RIchardson, Lombardi fixed the blunder, and then Cleveland fires the guy was on the way to completely fixing the situation.  Cannot be made up.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Why wasn't it Idzik fleecing Tampa for a very high first rounder for Revis coming off a blown out knee and having to pay 15 mil per?  Now that was a "fleecing"  for a "first time GM"  and you are an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOL...owned again Jet Troll...

BTW,,,you couldn't handle being wrong about Rhonda's Arm Bar being a Judo move eh?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Owned for the entire world to see...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, how 'bout this?  Shut your pie hole.  Queenie is an idiot.  The fact that he's called the 2010 draft "the deepest draft in 25 years" based not upon what actually happened with that draft, but on preseason reports, like ones you seem to be enamored with is no longer proof of him being a moron, but you too.... idiot. 

[/QUOTE]

Now, now, now BUST-CHISE....you've been a bit "dis-tempered" since the whole SITUATION beating...LMFAO @ U...

Then getting DEE-STROYED about the arm bar being a certified JUDO move...BWAHAHAHA...

Expert in football?  How can you be, YOU"RE A NY JETS TROLL!!!

44 years of outrageous humor and folly...with more to come...the gift that keeps on giving.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

The only thing you're an expert in is cats bummies...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Colts GM paniced and showed his inexperience and lack of knowledge of the NFL and it's players...taken to the cleaners...he's set them back a few years...with this, the deepest draft in years?...WHAT A FOOL!

Sections
Shortcuts