Colts think Pats bug Gillette Locker room??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Colts think Pats bug Gillette Locker room??????

(HA HA HA HA!!!!!)

Colts think Pats bug Gillette locker room?

Nov 20, 2010

By Tom E. Curran

http://www.csnne.com/11/20/10/Colts-think-Pats-bug-Gillette-locker-roo/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=357273&feedID=3352

Here's a weird salvo across the bow of the Patriots from my friend Peter King of SI.com and NBC.

With the Colts at Gillette Stadium on Sunday, King wonders in a Friday story whether Peyton Manning and his offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen will step out of the visitor's locker room for any strategic discussions.

The reason? King says he's "heard, reliably" that Manning and former offensive coordinator Tom Moore used to meet in the hallway rather than the locker room because they were afraid they were being monitored.

In other words, Moore, Manning and, perhaps, any other Colts personnel with a valued opinion (president Bill Polian? head coach Tony Dungy?) believed the Patriots were bugging the opposing locker room.

Needless to say, that's a pretty bold accusation to make. Even with the gentle and offhand phrasing King used.  

In fact, it would be a helluva lot more sinister than using a video camera in plain view on the opposing sidelines to record the signals of a defensive coach.

Bugging the visitor's locker room?

I once ordered a spy kit from a Boys Life magazine (and the www.tomheroes.com/Comic%20Ads/classic%20ads/x-ray_glasses.htm">X-ray glasses that allow you to see through skin and layers of clothing) but I have no idea how you bug a locker room to specifically hear the quarterback and his offensive coordinator's conversations.

It would seem the Patriots employ a legion of spies, deploying them with all manner of monitoring devices. When intel is gathered, it all runs through Ernie Adams who then - just before game-time - distills and downloads that information to the coaching staff who are then armed with the opposing team's plans and able to scrap their week's preparation to adjust to the newly discovered stuff.

Or, the Patriots are sufficiently in the heads of their opposition to cause them to suspect such things.

My suggestion is this? The easiest way to defeat the eavesdropping Patriots would be to stand a Manning soundalike in the middle of the locker room. He could then loudly reveal the script of the first 25 offensive plays. In order.

That'd fix 'em. Fix 'em good.

A request for comment from the Patriots hasn't yet been answered.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Colts think Pats bug Gillette Locker room??????

Is it me or is anyone else uncomfortable realizing the Colts actually believe this and are so ready to make excuses for failures in New England in past years, especially when not facing the Pats B Squad, that they want to announce that the reason why Manning threw INTs, or was sacked or got happy feet, was because NE bugged their locker room?

bawahahaah

If the team I rooted for started running around leaking these stories to people like Peter King as a way to continue to try to disparage an opponent and their success, I'd be embarrassed.

The Colts are such whiny, cry baby geeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It will never stop... the excuses keep on rolling from the opposition.  Wait until this tidbit of news gathers steam and we see a headline..  " Pats accused of bugging visitors locker room."  What better way to distract the organization that seems to be getting back on track on the road to the playoffs.

So, how do you explain the Pittsburgh game, Mr. King?  Where could the bugs be for that game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The Pats should pump crowd noise into the visiting locker room so loud that they can't even think in there and turn the heat up to 120 degrees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

What makes the Colts think that the Patriots are not also bugging the hallway outside of the locker room?  I love the paranoia.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Manning knows his ring is the by-product of an NFL conspiracy, so he is just extending that to create other conspiracies.

I say the Pats give them what they are asking for, but go old school on them instead. Infest the place with bedbugs. Put em on their luggage, their clothes, whatever... It would be like the bible except real.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Re: Colts think Pats bug Gillette Locker room??????:
    [QUOTE]The Pats should pump crowd noise into the visiting locker room so loud that they even think in there and turn the heat up to 120 degrees.
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

LOL...it would be a real shame if, for some odd reason, the sprinkler system just happen to go off in the Colts' locker room at halftime......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Extreme case of Paranoia......

Then on the other hand,

it would be cool to get those radio controlled roaches like in the fifth element with a wireless cam starpped to its back :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well of course, how else could we be so successful? Great coaching and sound personnel decisions are overrated!!! Just ask anybody that knows anything about the game. It's pure luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Is it me or is anyone else uncomfortable realizing the Colts actually believe this and are so ready to make excuses for failures in New England in past years, especially when not facing the Pats B Squad, that they want to announce that the reason why Manning threw INTs, or was sacked or got happy feet, was because NE bugged their locker room? bawahahaah If the team I rooted for started running around leaking these stories to people like Peter King as a way to continue to try to disparage an opponent and their success, I'd be embarrassed. The Colts are such whiny, cry baby geeks.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Why, that's as ridiculous as believing in a conspiracy amongst league officials to throw slightly more penalty flags against a given team's opponents at critical junctures...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Peter King SI_PeterKing RT @brian_h_smith:
    Q: Is it possible for you to be more biased against Patriots?

A: Outside NE, I'm in bed w/Pats. In NE, I hate 'em. Hmmmm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Impossible.  The last time the Colts played in Foxboro, monitoring equipment wasn't yet invented.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Impossible.  The last time the Colts played in Foxboro, monitoring equipment wasn't yet invented.
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Great Post!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I've always wondered if it's possible to listen to the conversations between coach and booth and players on the field? 

How come no one talks about that?  Shouldn't that be easier to intercept? 

Anything is possible, even bugging other locker rooms.  If the Colts are thinking that we are doing it then they are probably doing it themselves.  It'[s kinda like cheating on a girlfriend and accusing her of doing the same.

Either was, the NFL is like a 5 Billion dollar business and I'm sure every team is looking for any advantage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Everybody's got excuses for their past beatdowns at the hand of the Patriots.  Problem is post Spygate, the Pats look great as usual and the BS excuses don't work anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

let's say that this is true (not likely) but what stops the pats from bugging the halls as well? (I think the colts are just trying to blame their shortcomings on someone else)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE] It would be like the bible except real.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I am in tears.   Hilarious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

nothing would suprise me regarding the cheatriots.  im glad the Colts are taking the necessary precautions to avoid any illegal tactics that belicheat has in mind.

now instead of the cheaters gaining HF illegally for the playoffs, they will have to earn it for a change. 

GO HORSE!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

we bug the team buses too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]nothing would suprise me regarding the cheatriots.  im glad the Colts are taking the necessary precautions to avoid any illegal tactics that belicheat has in mind. now instead of the cheaters gaining HF illegally for the playoffs, they will have to earn it for a change.  GO HORSE!!
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1[/QUOTE]

Don't take this personally, but you are by far and away the fruitiest fans in the
    NFL.

It's not really close either.

Enjoy!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The Pats are 14 and 9 at Indianapolis.  What's bugging the Colts there?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

They might be on to some thing...... Does it look like this????

www.theequinest.com/images/photoshop8.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.theequinest.com/the-coolest-photoshop-horse-pictures/&h=500&w=404&sz=50&tbnid=1jM37X6JTAzSWM:&tbnh=250&tbnw=202&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhorse%2Bbug&zoom=1&q=horse+bug&hl=en&usg=__OuIno82LVztwV7udRyX66ccgfEI=&sa=X&ei=UGLoTLbdB4q4hAevtPQP&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAA">

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]nothing would suprise me regarding the cheatriots.  im glad the Colts are taking the necessary precautions to avoid any illegal tactics that belicheat has in mind. now instead of the cheaters gaining HF illegally for the playoffs, they will have to earn it for a change.  GO HORSE!!
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1[/QUOTE]

Whoa there partner. Kinda like the 150 extra yards a game the refs give the Ponies.  Get ready for the beat down!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats should pump crowd noise into the visiting locker room so loud that they can't even think in there and turn the heat up to 120 degrees.
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

Just remember Auerbach used to turn off the hot water and the heat in the locker room before games with LA and others long ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts think Pats bug Gillette Locker room?????? : I agree.  Why, that's as ridiculous as believing in a conspiracy amongst league officials to throw slightly more penalty flags against a given team's opponents at critical junctures...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

BA-hahahahahahahaa!!!   Great retort! Made my day.  

Nothing funnier than a conspiracy ace commenting and judging another consipracy story as fool hardy.  Par for the course with that guy. 

Sections
Shortcuts