Colts To Raise SB "Participant" Banner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Colts To Raise SB "Participant" Banner

Next to the "AFC finalist" banner they hung after they lost the '04 AFC championship to the Pats??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Any Colt fan can easily just compare this to the Pats raising the 16-0 banner, how did that end up for us? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, that's crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm sorry, but I don't know about other Pats fans, but I look at 2007 as a disappointment. I would rather the Pats had gone 9-7, as long as they got to hoist that Lombaradi at the end. 

But that's just me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

As bad as the Vikings with their postings of years they had playoff appearances on the stadium walls....Pathetic the lack of things to celebrate!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

That's something any good Soccer Mom would do.  Plus their season was about the Regular Season Consecutive Wins record not winning the Super Bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with 49Patriots - The Pats 'really' need to get rid of that 16-0 banner down in Foxboro....It was a great regular season -no doubt, but the only banners that should be UP are the ones that count!  01, 03, 04!  *Hopefully 10* after next season!  we'll see....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

16-0 is far more impressive than "Super Bowl Participant". 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

How is it that losing in the Super Bowl is worse than not getting there at all?  Joe cool was smart enough to ensure that everytime he lost in the playoffs it was before the SB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Colts To Raise SB "Participant" Banner:
    As bad as the Vikings with their postings of years they had playoff appearances on the stadium walls....Pathetic the lack of things to celebrate!
    Posted by ccsjl

On Vikings' radio broadcasts last year, Viking's radio voice Paul Allen referenced the Vikings each and every time as the "Two time NFC North Division Champion Minnesota Vikings."

I'm of two minds about this, actually. I mean, if your team never wins anything, I guess recognizing the division titles is okay -- but for a team that is expecting greater things, I would think the division title is just kind of like a participation trophy in T-ball. All it does is give you the chance to play for what you're really trying to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Unless that Colts fan has a low IQ.  I am pretty sure no team has ever gone 16-0 in a regular season, even in the pre cap era, and I am pretty sure there is always a "participant" in any game played, including the AFC/NFC title game or the Super Bowl. Get it? One is absolutely stunning and historic, the other example happens EVERY YEAR.  Good god.  
    Posted by russgriswold

I can understand an AFC Champion banner. It evens implies that you went to the SB. But to have an AFC Champion banner and a banner saying you participated in the SB just means you have a lot of room for useless banners.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Well, thats what all those fans that greeted the Colts at the airport were rooting for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

If they hoist that flag and a AFC Championship flag it'll be the cheeziest thing I've heard. Their accomplishment last year was winning the AFC period.
    As far as the 16-0 flag, I say take it down. All it does is remind me of one of the most painful things I've ever witnessed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I believe just getting to the super bowl is a big acheivement. There are still a few teams who haven't even been there: Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville and Detroit. Three teams have lost four times: Minnesota, Buffalo and Denver. That's twelve super bowl losses by very good teams. Obviously, they would rather have won those games, but someone has to lose.

With the exception of 2007, I would love to watch our Patriots play on the big stage every year win or lose. There was more at stake in winning the '07 game; that being the title of "best team of all time".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

The Colts will raise any banner to support the idea of their organization being iconic and a dynasty.  Unfortunately, they have fallen just short of that distinction.  Manning is one Super Bowl above Marino's pitiful futility, and two short of Brady's legend.

Rafters are meant to hold Championship Banners, and retired jerseys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

"Yeah this is what I think of your banner there Peyty, Polian and rest of you losers"....BB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Will they put up a perfect attendance banner?
    Oh yeah, that's right. They didn't show up at the end of the regular season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

good for them. now it will give me something extra to talk about with every waddling peer i meet wearing their blue 18 jersey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Just like the Special Olympics, it's meant to make them feel like they've accomplished something.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't like the 16-0 banner much myself.  It paves the way for two many other silly self congratulatory things.  Lombardi trophy, or nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Will they put up a perfect attendance banner? Oh yeah, that's right. They didn't show up at the end of the regular season.
    Posted by PatssoxVA[/QUOTE]

LOL, one of the best comments I have ever read.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

No they are not doing that. Get real. The AFC Champ banner covers it.