Colts To Release Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Colts To Release Manning?

Meanwhile, his bratty kid brother goes down in flames for the second straight week after his "big win" at Foxboro. If they played again tomorrow the Pats would slaughter 'em.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Watch Luck not come out this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

What you all seem to be forgetting is Manning's health.  All this trade talk and who is going to trade for a guy who may not have a clean bill of health???  Not only that, but if he can't play he may just retire.

So I would say all this speculation is getting way ahead of itself until we see if the guy can actually get healthy and is able to play in 2012.  The Colts will need the pick and Luck if Manning can't go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning?:
    [QUOTE]Meanwhile, his bratty kid brother goes down in flames for the second straight week after his "big win" at Foxboro. If they played again tomorrow the Pats would slaughter 'em.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

if if and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]My god could you imagine him in a Jet's uniform? Manning, plus a decent defense and running game...yikes, don't like that. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Manning is done...whether "The Dog(gggg) wants to admit it, or not. He'll have to retire...because those surgeries haven't corrected his neck problem. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : Underpants you took that solgan from xxx dating.So how are things in the trailer park are the water lines froze yet?
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]
    LOL - froze.  what would you know about trailer parks and froze(n) (LOL) water lines?  

This must be from where the cliche comes.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Watch Luck not come out this year.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Isn't he a senior?

If he redshirts, I don't think he's eligible to play in the games and I don't see the piont.  At worst, I think he could try to pull an Elway and force a trade to a team that he wants to play for

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

I'd rather have Luck than Peyton ending up in AFC East. Don't like the idea that we'll have to play a Peyton-led Jets twice a season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : LOL - froze.  what would you know about trailer parks and froze(n) (LOL) water lines?   This must be from where the cliche comes.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak comeback my friend. You've been served, pick your sauce and dig in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Seattle could use manning ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Seattle could use manning ...
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

Again...Manning is done. The Colts haven't put him on IR because they want to see him practice in December...in order to evaluate him. No team is going to trade a bevy of draft picks and swallow the salary a 36 year old has-been, with serious health issues. 

The Colts will release Manning, rather than pay him that $28mil. roster bonus.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Is Colts' management providing false hope for the teams' fan base by deliberately misleading them on Peyton Manning's status? You be the judge: http://www.coltzilla.com/2011-regular-season/espns-mortensen-colts-manning-still-hopes-to-play-this-season/#more-16580

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I hope these Manning to the Jets posts are a joke.  Even if his career isn't over and he gets traded, Salary cap + Mark Sanchez + Peyton Manning = FAIL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

They have a 2 game lead for Luck right now. I would not be shocked for Manning to come back in week 17 to showcase that he still has something left in preparation for a trade. However, I don't think a single team will give up the picks and 28mil to get Manning. Not even the Jets are that stupid. He will get released or they will trade the #1 pick for a ton of picks.

If they were smart they'd trade the #1 for a kings ransom and draft another QB to work under Manning for a couple of years. Then use all those extra picks they got to rebuild their team around the QB they decide to draft. There are a couple of really good looking QB's in the draft this year so dropping down a number of picks won't hurt them if they can get a ton of picks back.

However, because the fan base has basically been promised Luck at this point they will release Manning, get nothing for him, and put Luck into a situation that's a no win on a team that's falling apart and losing talent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]They have a 2 game lead for Luck right now. I would not be shocked for Manning to come back in week 17 to showcase that he still has something left in preparation for a trade. However, I don't think a single team will give up the picks and 28mil to get Manning. Not even the Jets are that stupid. He will get released or they will trade the #1 pick for a ton of picks. If they were smart they'd trade the #1 for a kings ransom and draft another QB to work under Manning for a couple of years. Then use all those extra picks they got to rebuild their team around the QB they decide to draft. There are a couple of really good looking QB's in the draft this year so dropping down a number of picks won't hurt them if they can get a ton of picks back. However, because the fan base has basically been promised Luck at this point they will release Manning, get nothing for him, and put Luck into a situation that's a no win on a team that's falling apart and losing talent
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

PatsEng:

Check out the article I cited in my previous post, above. No way Manning plays in a game this season...or next season. He's done.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Teams I think Manning would consider going to in Free Agency:

Cardinals - Cupcake division, one of the best WRs in recent memory, dome....unlikely due to them forking over so much cash for Kolb....I mean really?

Vikings - Possible, if they don't think Ponder is the guy, but I don't see then why they would pick him so early. I think Peyton would love to have Adrian Peterson, and Percy Harvin is a dynamic weapon in the passing game. I do not think he would want to play in the NFC North though.

Titans - He would stay in the same easy division, but would have no big time reveiving threats. His presence might get CJ fired up though.

I don't think he would go to the 49ers simply because I don't think he would want to deal with the tricky wind in that stadium. Whatever team he goes to will either have a dome or be in a warm weather market.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Teams I think Manning would consider going to in Free Agency: Cardinals - Cupcake division, one of the best WRs in recent memory, dome....unlikely due to them forking over so much cash for Kolb....I mean really? Vikings - Possible, if they don't think Ponder is the guy, but I don't see then why they would pick him so early. I think Peyton would love to have Adrian Peterson, and Percy Harvin is a dynamic weapon in the passing game. I do not think he would want to play in the NFC North though. Titans - He would stay in the same easy division, but would have no big time reveiving threats. His presence might get CJ fired up though. I don't think he would go to the 49ers simply because I don't think he would want to deal with the tricky wind in that stadium. Whatever team he goes to will either have a dome or be in a warm weather market.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Kenny Britt isn't a dynamic receiving threat?  The only thing standing between Britt and being one of the top five receivers in the game is the health of his knees

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

I think Miami would jump at the chance of get Peyton in free agency. Maybe even the Jets too, but then what about Sanchize?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]They have a 2 game lead for Luck right now. I would not be shocked for Manning to come back in week 17 to showcase that he still has something left in preparation for a trade. However, I don't think a single team will give up the picks and 28mil to get Manning. Not even the Jets are that stupid. He will get released or they will trade the #1 pick for a ton of picks. If they were smart they'd trade the #1 for a kings ransom and draft another QB to work under Manning for a couple of years. Then use all those extra picks they got to rebuild their team around the QB they decide to draft. There are a couple of really good looking QB's in the draft this year so dropping down a number of picks won't hurt them if they can get a ton of picks back. However, because the fan base has basically been promised Luck at this point they will release Manning, get nothing for him, and put Luck into a situation that's a no win on a team that's falling apart and losing talent

This is what I would do, but it would depend on whether I had inside information on whether or not Manning will ever fully recover.  I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we found out the Colts purposely tanked this season because they knew they were going nowhere.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

How do you tell your employee players, whose future and current contracts may depend on their play, to tank?

For example, do you think Curtis Painter wanted to intentionally suck so that he ensured he would never find another NFL opportunity again?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]How do you tell your employee players, whose future and current contracts may depend on their play, to tank? For example, do you think Curtis Painter wanted to intentionally suck so that he ensured he would never find another NFL opportunity again?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

you don't tell them to tank but you of all people should realize the importance of coach decisions and game plans. The players can only run the plays they are given and will only play up to the coaching they receive. They have been out of position and couldn't tackle if you put a gun to their heads. That has a lot to do with coaching and preparing the players correctly. It's also having the right game plan which obviously they haven't had a good game plan going into a single game this season, yet alone make in game adjustments. Trust me, they can be tanking the season without ever letting the players know they are tanking. Heck after a 0-5 start the players will start to tank themselves

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : you don't tell them to tank but you of all people should realize the importance of coach decisions and game plans. The players can only run the plays they are given and will only play up to the coaching they receive. They have been out of position and couldn't tackle if you put a gun to their heads. That has a lot to do with coaching and preparing the players correctly. It's also having the right game plan which obviously they haven't had a good game plan going into a single game this season, yet alone make in game adjustments. Trust me, they can be tanking the season without ever letting the players know they are tanking. Heck after a 0-5 start the players will start to tank themselves

Patseng, i can resist asking no longer, what's your avatar? Looks like some kind of mutated elephant thing that might have fought Godzilla.

Sections
Shortcuts