Colts To Release Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts To Release Manning?

In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : The complicated part, is that Bill Polianand Jim Irsay have shown this year just how inept they are at running an organization.If they plan to draft Luck, they should drop Manning and invest that 28 million he would be getting on talent to surround the rookie QB. However, I get the feeling they would rather have another year or two of a medicore Peyton, with a few 8-8 finishes, follwed by a decade of horrible football due to not building the team properly.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Inept for not yet doing what they don't yet have to do?  Brilliant. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : What's complicated is public relations. I'm not inside the heads of the Indy fan base, but I do know that unless you're sure you've got Aaron Rodgers ready to step in, you don't spit in the face of the . . .   ummmmm . . .  face . . .  of your franchise. Oh . . .  sure, Colts apologist is waving his "Suck for Luck" banner now, but when Andrew Luck turns out to be David Klingler, they'll be the first ones to turn around and say, "How could you turn your back on  our beloved hero?"
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Tim Couch anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

How stupid is the Colts decision making process. How / why would thay have even offered that ridiculous contract (28mil). They had to know he was not quite right - (to play either). They knew the neck was an issue and still made that offer.
    Now after seeing how bad that team is  - they are going to tie up that much cash to hand strap them from resigning and or drafting players.
    Manning is not the Sole reason the Dolts are schucking!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Yet more talk about Peyton being through in Indy, in this StampedeBlue article. This article also begs the question, "Is Colts' owner Jim Irsay even more looney than Bill Polian?" You be the judge:  

Jim Irsay Says Stupid Stuff On Twitter About Peyton Manning, The 2012 NFL Draft

(AP Photo/Darron Cummings)

Darron Cummings - APMore photos »

(AP Photo/Darron Cummings)

The Colts had a bye week last week, but that didn't stop owner Jim Irsay from blabbing about a bunch of silliness about the Colts on Twitter.

"It's very possible 18 back at full strength n we take future QB high in draft...it's not necessarily 1 or the other...stay tuned4 wild ride!"

Sure, it's 'possible' Manning could return. Though, if you heard Peyton talk about his lack of progress recovering from spinal fusion surgery a few weeks ago, it certainly didn't sound like Manning would be back. As we have continued to state (because it just makes logical sense), if the Colts get the No. 1 overall pick, they will take Andrew Luck. Luck wants to play immediately. Players picked No. 1 overall have a tendency to expect to play, especially one as highly regarded as Luck.

Thus, Manning and Luck cannot coexist on the same team.

So, unless the Colts somehow manage to blow it and lose out on the Andrew Luck derby, Irsay's comments are puzzling. Oh, and speaking of more Irsay comments that make no sense:

"November NFL Sunday,good stuff! Bye-Week n Coltsland,it hurts
           not being n contention4 1rst time since '98,but gracious SupBowl
           hosts we'll b"

The Colts weren't 'in contention' in 2001, when they were 6-10. Truthfully, they weren't in contention last year.

As much as we bash Bill Polian for his dumb comments, Jim Irsay also deserves some venom, especially now. I like Jim Irsay personally, but I get the sense that he just doesn't get it. The team is 0-10, and looks like one of the worst teams fielded in the NFL in the last ten years. This is serious. This club could go 0-16, and likely WILL! Irsay really just needs to shut up and keep a low profile. Show real concern. Maybe even (gasp!) some anger.

Idiocy like these statements just makes him look even more ridiculous than his current 0-10 team already makes him look.

If anything, he should be searching for new front office and coaching candidates. If he isn't, and keeps these same jokers running his franchise next year, he'll be viewed as a weak, incompetent owner unwilling to face and rectify the reality that his franchise is, indeed, in the toilet.
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/11/22/2579425/jim-irsay-says-stupid-stuff-on-twitter-about-peyton-manning-the-2012

LOL!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Much to the chagrin of "the Dog(gggg)", the Colts may have to release Peyton Manning: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/07/colts-cant-pay-and-trade-peyton/

As for the pipe dreams about Andrew Luck appenticing behind Manning...forget about it:  http://www.indystar.com/article/20111207/SPORTS03/112070350/Manning-s-dad-2-QBs-don-t-add-up-Colts

LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Manning should take the $28 million and retire.  Obviously he isn't going to make the Colts a playoff team because they are really short on talent.  He could go to someone like the Jets and improve their chances though.  I just don't see him playing on a losing team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

This title is ridicuolous !  Release Manning ?????????  Why would anyone consider this even a possibility when they can trade him to many teams and get some very good value back in that process.  This guy is one of the best QB's to ever play the game and has several productive years left !  There are many teams who would give their left one for Manning that would instantly upgrade thieir team to immediate Super Bowl contenders and maybe winners (e.g. San Fran)..

Absolutely ridiculous !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Am I the only one who thinks that the Skins will make a run for Manning if the Colts draft Luck? They're famous for overpaying for over-the-hill deadweight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]This title is ridicuolous !  Release Manning ?????????  Why would anyone consider this even a possibility when they can trade him to many teams and get some very good value back in that process.  This guy is one of the best QB's to ever play the game and has several productive years left !  There are many teams who would give their left one for Manning that would instantly upgrade thieir team to immediate Super Bowl contenders and maybe winners (e.g. San Fran).. Absolutely ridiculous !!
    Posted by dbincpumpkin[/QUOTE]

Please read this:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/07/colts-cant-pay-and-trade-peyton/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I thnk the Colts are stuck with pouting no matter what.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I thnk the Colts are stuck with pouting no matter what.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Even assuming that Manning will be healthy enough to play again, there's no way he'll co-exist with Luck:
    http://www.indystar.com/article/20111207/SPORTS03/112070350/Manning-s-dad-2-QBs-don-t-add-up-Colts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : If someone wants Luck bad enough you are looking at a Williams type of trade. 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year and 1sr and 2nd next year too
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

No doubt this has the potential to happen, but I don't see Polian pulling this type of trade off. I think Polian is so enamored with himself that he wants to prove he can duplicate the Colts past success with the same model that's been in place since he's been there. Now, if Polian did trade the pick out for a slew of picks, I would gain more respect for the guy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? :      Please read this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/07/colts-cant-pay-and-trade-peyton/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Thanks; interesting article.  I stand by my comments !!  The Colts will trade Manning; you can book on it !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? :      Please read this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/07/colts-cant-pay-and-trade-peyton/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Please read this:
    http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1493

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : Please read this: http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1493
    Posted by dbincpumpkin[/QUOTE]

Why would Manning ever agree to push the date back? What  would benefit him more...to become an unrestricted free agent, or be traded? Manning wants to win. Why would he do anything to facilitate a trade to a team...and make that team, say, cough up a #1 draft pick to obtain his services? How would that help him to be in a winning situation? 

Wouldn't it be better for him to make the Colts choose between paying him the $28mil., or releasing him? If released, he could sign on with any team of his choosing.   

Please check out my initial post in this thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Last I heard from Michael Lombardi they might trade him this offseason to the Washington Redskins. Basically they want him out of the AFC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : Nah, I don't think so. I'm actually a Niners fan that likes the Patriots too, and the unthinkable has happened. I never thought Alex Smith would amount to anything, but he really is coming around so far. He's sort of a Phill Simms type. Not flashy, but very efficient. He made some touch throws today that were beautiful. Wonders never cease. So unless Smith regresses (a la Mark Sanchez) the Niners will probably stick with him.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Smith at least knows to shut up once and a while, not that I don't love Phill's drollong on and on and on and on.............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Would the Jets pick him up?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Would the Jets pick him up? http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=F86294AC922915EBAFCC.3184?site=newsday&view=columnists_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports_columnists&feed:i=1.3377153&nopaging=1
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    I'll start with the obvious - we can speculate anything.  Assuming 1) Manning can come back and 2) doesn't come back to the colts. 

The Jets make some obvious sense, but I honestly believe this is one of the last places Manning would go.  I believe the manning family to be loyal, in general, and loyal to their own absolutely. 

I could never envision Peyton playing in the same market as his brother allowing for the obvious, over the top and unfair media comparisons between the two.  I just don't believe it will happen.  And I say that even if, for example, the Jets paid Manning 20 million to play there. 

I also don't believe Manning would play in the NFC East.  I could envision almost anything else where a team had a need.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

best bet manning cant play till next year and colts have to release him or pay him 28 mil before they can prove hes ok.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think that is a pretty logical assumption brd. 

That said, I honestly believe that Manning would like to play for the colts so I think he will do everything he can to be ready, if he can be ready, by bonus day. 

2 reasons why -

1.  Manning believes in legacy and I believe would like his legacy to be with one team. 
    2.  there's not another team in the NFL that will give him the opportunity to make as much money as the colts will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I think that is a pretty logical assumption brd.  That said, I honestly believe that Manning would like to play for the colts so I think he will do everything he can to be ready, if he can be ready, by bonus day.  2 reasons why - 1.  Manning believes in legacy and I believe would like his legacy to be with one team.  2.  there's not another team in the NFL that will give him the opportunity to make as much money as the colts will.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

actually for pats sake, id love it if he stayed there AND colts draft luck. he deserves to stay. brady says he loves the competition and of course i want the colts to use up most of their $ so they cant get a ton of talent and make it hard for pats in the future.

thanks for the civil post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : actually for pats sake, id love it if he stayed there AND colts draft luck. he deserves to stay. brady says he loves the competition and of course i want the colts to use up most of their $ so they cant get a ton of talent and make it hard for pats in the future. thanks for the civil post.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

The Dog(gggg)'s latest post to you may be civil (for a change), but it's nonetheless a pipe-dream. Since the preseason, I've maintained that Manning is done. He's had three (3) neck surgeries in 19 months! While, on one hand hand, reports are that the latest surgery has "taken", with regards to fusing his neck, there's still no time table for his return. In fact, Colts' owner Jim Irsay recently stated that there's no way that Manning will play...or even practice, this year. Heck...there aren't even reports of him being able to throw. Under these circumstances, does it make any sense for the Colts to commit $28mil. to Peyton in February?

But, let's say, for the sake of argument, that Peyton makes a miraculous recovery in the next two months. He'll still be an immobile, 36 year old QB, playing behind a leaky OL, without the benefit of a running game...with his two top receivers, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, well past their primes. Furthermore, he would be backed up by one of the league's worst defenses.

Under these circumstances, should the Colts pay their Manning, a/k/a the "Ghost of Seasons Past", $28mil., and try to generate one more title run? Or, would the wiser course be to build for the future, by using the #1 overall pick in the 2012 draft on QB Andrew Luck...release Manning, and invest that unpaid $28mil. in the teams' future? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? :      Manning is done...whether "The Dog(gggg) wants to admit it, or not. He'll have to retire...because those surgeries haven't corrected his neck problem.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/Q
    I see you and your expert medical opinion are at it again. You love to quote articles with Peter King, blah, blah, blah, show me an article or a source that says manning is done. Typical creamy diarrhea coming from that hole in your head. In case you don't know he's been cleared to throw and run. So your fantasy about him being done is over, (guess you'll have to go back to sitting in your bathroom with your subscription to boy's life) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Merry Christmas to you too, my friend, HorseColt18, a/k/a ColtsMan...LOL!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts