Colts To Release Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts To Release Manning?

As I've said many times, Peyton Manning is done. He's a fool if he tries to go on playing with that neck condition of his. But, even if he ever does play again, it won't be as a Colt: http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012/01/25/ok-ok-its-time-to-admit-manning-reality/

Worse yet, it appears that Manning's relationship with owner Jim Irsay is rapidly deteriorating: http://www.indystar.com/article/20120126/SPORTS03/120126048/Irsay-QB-Peyton-Manning-He-s-politician-

Sorry...but I agree with Irsay. It must be hard for him to swallow Peyton's "poor me" comments to Bob Kravitz, after the Colts' owner paid Peyton $26mil. this season, for doing nothing. Here are Manning's comments to Bob Kravitz, which have led Irsay to calling Peyton "a politician": http://www.indystar.com/article/20120125/SPORTS15/301250008/Kravitz-Manning-faces-more-uncertainty-than-ever-offseason

These comments have drawn national attention: http://www.indystar.com/article/20120125/SPORTS03/120125010/Peyton-Manning-s-candid-interview-draws-fast-national-reaction

Sorry...Dog(gggg).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

What a high class organization.  Isn't that what we were always led to believe?  Clots take the high road, not like those "low-class" Patriots?   The truth is being played out in front of a national audience.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning?:
    [QUOTE]What a high class organization.  Isn't that what we were always led to believe?  Clots take the high road, not like those "low-class" Patriots?   The truth is being played out in front of a national audience.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

GM, coach and franchise QB. Maybe they should change the team name too. Do you think the Indianapolis Ignoramuses is too long? UD6 is going to need a cheat sheet next season to figure out who he's watching.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Getting ugly in dolts land. Owner dogging pouting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/irsay-calls-peyton-manning-a-politician/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Clots AND Jests meltdown in the same year!  If we win the SB, this will be the best year EVER.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Irsay hasn't done anything but inherit a team from his Daddy and look funny with poorly fitted hig end suits with the wrong collar. Message: "I Tweet about my bowel movements, but durn it Peyton, don't go outside the horseshoe." What a turd.

I wonder when he is going to tell Peyton to kiss his ring?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Irsay hasn't done anything but inherit a team from his Daddy and look funny with poorly fitted hig end suits with the wrong collar. Message: "I Tweet about my bowel movements, but durn it Peyton, don't go outside the horseshoe." What a turd. I wonder when he is going to tell Peyton to kiss his ring?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

The Colts organization has kissed the backside of "Mr. Wonderful" throughout his entire career in Indy. They paid him top dollar, surrounded him with first rate weapons at the expense of their defense and special teams, and defended him as he repeatedly turned post-season chokes into an art form. 

But, most of all, the Colts signed him to a $26mil. up front contract, even though management knew that he was damaged goods...without making him go thorough a medical exam. 

Jim Irsay is making the right moves to save his franchise from years of futility. He fired his old, pompous GM, Bill Polian, who had allowed Jim's team to deteriorate after years of poor drafting and planning, and who was arrogantly saddling Irsay with his unproven son, as the new GM. He dumped his inept head coach, Jim Caldwell, and Caldwell's failed coaching staff. And now, rather than pay his fading, spoiled, 36 year old star QB with serious health issues over $30mil. next season...he's opting to release him, in favor of building his team around the best college QB prospect in over a decade.

So please, let's stop the Irsay bashing, shall we? Indy fans should be thanking him in droves for making the tough but correct decisions, to rebuild the Colts.     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

My guess on the Peyton Manning issue is that he'll retire. If not, the Colts will release him. But, for those of you who are still desperately holding out hope that  Peyton will be the Indy QB next season, there's this Indy Star/Bob Kravitz column, below. My comments have been injected therein, in bold black:

KRAVITZ: COLTS OWNER JIM IRSAY, PEYTON MANNING SHOULD MAKE PEACE

It is so sad and so hard to write it again, but it's true: Quarterback Peyton Manning is done in Indianapolis.

After listening to Manning on Monday night, after listening to Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay characterize Manning on Thursday as "a politician" who should keep his concerns "in house," there's no other conclusion to be reached by a sane, sober human being (So...I guess this means that "The Dog(gggg)" is still holding out hope...LOL!!!): Manning's days in Indianapolis are over, and they have been over for quite some time. On a day when the introduction of Chuck Pagano as the Colts coach should have been the story, Irsay stole the headlines.

What matters now is for this once-beautiful relationship, which brought so much success and joy to Central Indiana, to stop deteriorating and to start moving forward in a more appropriate manner (It will. Manning will say that he's going to retire, rather than go play for some other organization. But, the truth is, he's simply not healthy enough to play again).

After talking Thursday about Manning as "family," Irsay said, "He's a politician. When it comes to being competitive on a scale of one to 10, 10 being the highest, we're both 11s. There have been plenty of eggshells scattered around this building by him (Manning) with his competitive desire to win.

"I don't think it's in the (best) interest to paint the horseshoe in a negative light, I really don't. . . . The horseshoe always comes first. One thing (Manning has) always known, and he's been around it so long, you keep it in the family. If you've got a problem, talk to each other. It's not about campaigning or anything like that."

Manning responded with an exclusive comment to The Indianapolis Star, saying by phone Thursday night:

"At this point, Mr. Irsay and I owe it to each other and to the fans of the organization to handle this appropriately and professionally, and I think we will. I've already reached out to Mr. Irsay. I wasn't trying to paint the Colts in a bad light, but it's tough when so many people you've known for so long aresuddenly leaving. I feel very close to a lot of these guys and we've done great things together. It's hard to watch an old friend clean out his office. That's all I was trying to say (I'm going to cut Mr. Wonderful some slack, here. It must be hard for him to come to the realization that it's over for him).

"I just want to keep rehabbing and working hard, and when the time is right for Mr. Irsay and I to sit down, I look forward to a healthy conversation about my future. I've worked too hard and have such great respect and have so many great relationships inside the building and out, and it's incredibly important that those remain."

Irsay and Manning have meant too much to each other, to this franchise and to this city, for the relationship to turn into a battle for the hearts and minds of Indianapolis.

"I want to separate the personal and the business," Manning said Monday night. "I've seen it get personal in other situations, and I don't want that to happen here."

Sadly, too late (Not really. They will talk, and, before the March 8, deadline, when the $28mil. is due, Peyton will announce his retirement. He'll then go on to a fun and successful couple of years as an analyst with ESPN, or the NFL channel...before he turns to coaching).  http://www.indystar.com/article/20120127/SPORTS15/201270335/Kravitz-Colts-owner-Jim-Irsay-Peyton-Manning-should-make-peace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Yah, let's put the Irsay men up on pedastools.  One snuck his team out of its original location in the middle of the night, drunk as a skunk and then turned the team over to his idiot drunken son who has no clue. The list is far too long of all the moronic, stupid and outright disrespectful things that both of those jerks have done over the years.  Before they kick a first ballot HOF'er to the curb though, they might wanna be sure to thank him for the new building which has brought them a SB and the millions that go with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Yah, let's put the Irsay men up on pedastools.  One snuck his team out of its original location in the middle of the night, drunk as a skunk and then turned the team over to his idiot drunken son who has no clue. The list is far too long of all the moronic, stupid and outright disrespectful things that both of those jerks have done over the years.  Before they kick a first ballot HOF'er to the curb though, they might wanna be sure to thank him for the new building which has brought them a SB and the millions that go with it.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]

Stop it! If you owned the Colts, what would you do? Keep the inept Jim Caldwell as head coach? Keep Bill Polian, who poor drafts over the past 5 years has ruined your team...and who was trying to install his unproven son as his successor? Would you commit to pay your former mega-star, now 36 years old and in poor physical health, over $30mil. to rehab next year, after paying him $26mil. to sit around this year? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? :      Stop it! If you owned the Colts, what would you do? Keep the inept Jim Caldwell as head coach? Keep Bill Polian, who poor drafts over the past 5 years has ruined your team...and who was trying to install his unproven son as his successor? Would you commit to pay your former mega-star, now 36 years old and in poor physical health, over $30mil. to rehab next year, after paying him $26mil. to sit around this year?       
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

i would fire sale the roster. trade away all of the aging stars such as saturday, freeney, wayne, barrett, etc and get the maximum value for them. then draft luck and cut manning.  They need to start a youth movement, yes i would have 3 years of decent seasons and might lose a few games but i would be building a team for many years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's a funny thing, but after hating Manning, P. (and his little brother, too) as a rival for all these years, I'm finding it difficult to chuckle over his demise as this thing plays out. We see this kind of thing over and over again, but after watching guys get built up into virtual immortals over the course of a career, it's always a shock to discover that, not only are they human after all, but to the organizations they enrich and carry to popularity, ultimately they are nothing more than chattel, as easy to discard as an old pair of shoes once the ride on the gravy train is over.

I think there's some comic justice in the fact that Super Bowl is being held in Indianapolis this year, just as the Colts as we've known them have brought such delicious (for Pats fans) embarrassment on themselves: deteriorating to a laughingstock, giving every indication of tanking the season and turning on (arguably) the one player who made it possible to have a new stadium where the  Super Bowl could be played (by their arch rival).

You just have to laugh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Remember all the Colts trolls in 2008, saying that Brady would never recover from his infection and they would have Peyton for another decade because he is just that good?

LOL @ them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yah, let's put the Irsay men up on pedastools.  One snuck his team out of its original location in the middle of the night, drunk as a skunk and then turned the team over to his idiot drunken son who has no clue. The list is far too long of all the moronic, stupid and outright disrespectful things that both of those jerks have done over the years.  Before they kick a first ballot HOF'er to the curb though, they might wanna be sure to thank him for the new building which has brought them a SB and the millions that go with it.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule[/QUOTE]
    Careful with the "drunken" comments.  Word on the street is that your owner has quite an affinity for the sauce himself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : Careful with the "drunken" comments.  Word on the street is that your owner has quite an affinity for the sauce himself.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD - I think you are way out of line taking pot shots at Robert Kraft in this forum

If you have proof of your claim - bring it forward - otherwise STHU

Hey UD - you are allegedly a Colts fan - if that is true - why don't you ask Jeff Saturday's opinion of Robert Kraft?

What exactly has Jim Irsay EVER done for the league compared with Robert Kraft?

UD - you love playing the victim when people point out the ironies of Tony Dungy's reputation when the death of his own son is brought in to provide context for that rep - you have smashed the glass house with this one

Might want to back off while you can

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bledsoe to Manning:  There's life after football.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/drew-bledsoe-offers-advice-to-peyton-manning-theres-a-whole-lot-of-life-after-football.html?rs-img120=0

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Did I say Kraft was a bad guy?  I am sure he's fantastic. 

Jim Irsay has built a thriving small market franchise that I am sure the NFL is very proud of.  While many other small markets struggle, that has not been the case here.

As for the victim thing - how am I playing the victim? and I find nothing ironic about Dungy reputation and his son's death.  Your comment suggests that you think Dungy and his family did nothing to help his son.  If you have proof of that, I'd suggest you share it.  Haters gonna hate. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Did I say Kraft was a bad guy?  I am sure he's fantastic.  Jim Irsay has built a thriving small market franchise that I am sure the NFL is very proud of.  While many other small markets struggle, that has not been the case here. As for the victim thing - how am I playing the victim? and I find nothing ironic about Dungy reputation and his son's death.  Your comment suggests that you think Dungy and his family did nothing to help his son.  If you have proof of that, I'd suggest you share it.  Haters gonna hate. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I asked you for proof about your spurious claims regarding Robert Kraft - I see none - waiting for the retraction UD

A lot of owners have done things for their own franchises and markets - again, read Jeff Saturday if you want a veteran players opinion about what Robert Kraft has done for the NFL

As for Tony Dungy - I do not hate him in any way - he is obviously a great coach based on his results - I personally think the total body of his and Bill Belichicks work makes Bill Belichick the obvious choice for who is the better coach - but I won't debate it with you UD

But - as a born and bred New England cynic - I have to scratch my head when Tony Dungy seems to be the go-to guy for rehabbing NFL players careers - but his own son does not appear to have seen him in that same way  - I question anyone who endeavours to promote their own reputation as 'wholier than thou' ( and Dungy is a self promoter of his reputation) - but ends up with a son dead by suicide - I have to ask myself - could it really be true that Tony Dungy didn't know his son was in trouble?

Or - could it be that Tony Dungy forsook his own son in favor of his coaching career? In other words, like a mere human mans with faults - rather than this pious, without flaws paragon of virtue he sells himself to be?

UD - don't misunderstand - I am not blaming Tony Dungy for what happened to his son - but I am not buying the paragon of virtue schtick either

It's simpler with Bill Belichick - he is an outstanding coach who is also a flawed man - as many of us are - I am more comfortable with guys like that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Q - I am not going to retract what I have heard only because I don't have the source.  Hell, it could have been through this board. 

Again, I've never said Kraft is a good guy, and if he is a drinker, that doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad executive or bad for the NFL, etc. etc.  You seem to be making a giant assumptive leap about what my comments meant, and if correct, you would be wrong. 

I didn't say you hated Dungy, nor did I think you hated Dungy.  Stop attempting to read between the lines.  If you can't derive the meaning you desire from the words written, then ask questions.  I happen to think Belichick is also a better coach than Dungy.  

Where Dungy's reputation and his son's death are concerned, unless there is some concrete evidence to suggest that Dungy is not who he says he is, then I think you don't question that very personal issue.  I don't know if you've ever been around suicide, but I generally don't believe that the people who commit it go around telling everyone that they are.  Those that I have known who've committed suicide didn't.  Everyone has problems, some more than others, but unless the signs are THAT obvious, its not human nature (at least in my opinion) to think that everyone with problems is going to commit suicide.    

Further, I am going to assume that Dungy and his wife wish every day of their life that they would have done more and ask themselves what they missed.  What parent wouldn't? 

And as it relates to Dungy's reputation, his reputation was impeccable before his son's death, and frankly given that he has had to endure such a tragedy makes him even that much more capable (and possibly credible) of helping those who do need help.  There's the common refrain that I cannot know what another has been through unless they've walked a day in his shoes.  Well, dungy's tragedy now carries the weight of having dealt with significant problems that those with problems can relate to. 

As to Dungy forsaking his son for his career?  That's an easy shot at Dungy and begs the further question then why didn't his other children also commit suicide?  I've heard nothing about them having problems.  Have you? 

I don't subscribe to the idea that the world would be better off if we didn't work and stayed by our kids side at all times to make sure they don't harm themselves.  At some point we've got to let our kids go and hope we have taught them well.  Its not always the case.  His son, at the time, was living in Tampa.  He had been in college.  I don't believe he was at the time, but he was old enough to live on his own. 

Is Dungy perfect?  Not even close, I am sure, never assumed he was, but he is so well respected by his peers that know him much more than you are I, that as outsiders we are better served to believe they know better and more about Dungy than we do.  I don't think two Presidents of different parties tabbed him to represent programs of their administrations because he's a hypocrite. 

I can't help you if you are offended by Dungy's rehab work.  I accept that it can be disconcerting hearing about people who receive accolades and attention for trying to help others, but if all those who do such things stopped doing them because others had problems with it, we'd live in a much worse world. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

"Q - I am not going to retract what I have heard only because I don't have the source.  Hell, it could have been through this board."

Geez UD I thought you were getting better, but again you've shown your back-side.  You have absolutely NOTHING concrete with respect to Kraft and a drinking problem.  Just threw something up against the wall hoping it would stick.  Then when called out, you give the above lame quote.  This is yet another example of why you're thought so little of on these boards.  If someone would have said the same thing about PM, you'd be SCREAMING for proof, citations, etc.  I understand the fact that the Pats playing in a SB in your living room after a 2-14 Colts season must go up your nether region sideways, but this is just a cheap shot.  Lately you've brought alot to this board.  This just erases a few weeks of salient input.  Also, even if Kraft were a drunk, would you rather have Irsey or Kraft in charge of your team?  Can't wait for your response.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sorry gr8.  I heard or read what I did.  Sorry I didn't keep a link to it. 

Take exception if you must. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry gr8.  I heard or read what I did.  Sorry I didn't keep a link to it.  Take exception if you must. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Doggg:  with respect to this topic, yes, you're sorry, but me taking exception means less than nothing.  You returning to troll status is your problem, not mine.  But then again, I think you like muckraking - and given your team's performance this year, I fully understand that you have nothing better to do.  Take exception if you must.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]"Q - I am not going to retract what I have heard only because I don't have the source.  Hell, it could have been through this board." Geez UD I thought you were getting better, but again you've shown your back-side.  You have absolutely NOTHING concrete with respect to Kraft and a drinking problem.  Just threw something up against the wall hoping it would stick.  Then when called out, you give the above lame quote.  This is yet another example of why you're thought so little of on these boards.  If someone would have said the same thing about PM, you'd be SCREAMING for proof, citations, etc.  I understand the fact that the Pats playing in a SB in your living room after a 2-14 Colts season must go up your nether region sideways, but this is just a cheap shot.  Lately you've brought alot to this board.  This just erases a few weeks of salient input.  Also, even if Kraft were a drunk, would you rather have Irsey or Kraft in charge of your team?  Can't wait for your response.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Is "The Dog(gggg)" lying again?? This guy will never learn!   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? :      Is "The Dog(gggg)" lying again?? This guy will never learn!   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

UD's a real gas, gas, gas - LOL :).  I can imagine if someone posted that he's a child molester.  No proof, no problem.  You want citations?  Don't need them.  Even if you can't prove he is, he can't prove he isn't.  See how his mind works.  For several weeks, maybe months, he's contributed well to this forum.  Then he goes and says something ridiculous because he claims he "heard" it "maybe on this board."  Well, I've heard many times on this board that the Doggg is a complete moron - guess given his mind-set, he must be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts To Release Manning? : UD's a real gas, gas, gas - LOL :).  I can imagine if someone posted that he's a child molester.  No proof, no problem.  You want citations?  Don't need them.  Even if you can't prove he is, he can't prove he isn't.  See how his mind works.  For several weeks, maybe months, he's contributed well to this forum.  Then he goes and says something ridiculous because he claims he "heard" it "maybe on this board."  Well, I've heard many times on this board that the Doggg is a complete moron - guess given his mind-set, he must be.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

This is UD's standard template - stir the pot, then play the victim when called out

UD is the very definition of a troll