Colts vs Ravens what I want to see tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Colts vs Ravens what I want to see tonight

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWOieOUsWGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWOieOUsWGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would love to see this for real.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Colts vs Ravens what I want to see tonight

Ray Lewis came to play last week(as did the rest of the team). I would love to see him crush Manning also, harley. It should be fun. All the games should be good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I project 10 PI calls against the Ravens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

I see a close game with the ravens up by 5 with 3 minutes left to go. The Dolts on their own 30 yard line on 3rd and 10. Manning steps back and overthrows a ball by 15 yards or so because he saw pressure coming up the middle. And everyone on the ravens sideline gets ready to celebrate BUT WAIT! there is a flag on the play??? Defensive pass interference.........Need i say more?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I wonder when Underdoggg will chime in here - hey Underdoggg - can you believe those muckrackers on ESPN actually felt it necessary to report this morning that the team of officials calling the Indy game tonight have called the least PI penalties of any group this year?

You think this is the leagues way of quieting down the noise? ( Berman brought it up specifically)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Its not how many they call its when they call them. They could throw one all game but I guarantee you that it will change the outcome in the colts favor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Oh and Harley thanks for that vid. I must have watched it at least 10 times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

I do believe the Pats got a couple BS calls that went their way themselves against the Ravens, beginning with the unrecovered fumble on the punt to make it 24-7.

It's funny how you guys are all complaining about the Colts getting calls, saying the Ravens will get shafted.  Last week you were saying the opposite, that the Ravens always illegitimately whine about how they get shafted.  

So, now it looks like you guys have to choose.  Are the Ravens going to whine about fantom calls, or are the Colts going to receive the benefit of fantom calls?  Got to pick a side sometime.

This kind of reminds me of last week, when you all saying on one hand that the Jets got into the playoffs because the Colts "laid down" (which insinuates the Colts would have won if they had played their starters), and on the other hand you claimed that the Colts got scared and pulled their starters to avoid another choke label thrown at them if they could not go undefeated (which insinuates they would have lost to the Jets if they had not pulled their starters).

Which is it?  Were the Jets going to win, and as a result the Colts took the cowardly way out ala Mike Tyson vs. Holyfield, or were the Jets going to lose, and the Colts did them a favor by pulling their starters and essentially handing them a ticket to the playoffs?

Strange, contradictory logic here for both the Ravens and the Colts.  I get the feeling Pats fans are going to push any argument out there against a rival.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

CA - Don't try logic with these guys re calls.  They hear only what they want to hear. 

They do not want to accept that another team may benefit from calls other than the colts or that the colts may at times end up on the wrong side of calls.  Its best just to let them have their say and move on to another thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

"So, now it looks like you guys have to choose.  Are the Ravens going to whine about fantom calls, or are the Colts going to receive the benefit of fantom calls?  Got to pick a side sometime."

Is this really a choice? Hmmm. Let's see, I would expect that if the Colts receive phantom calls that yes, indeed, the Ravens will whine about them. And the point is?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

This kind of reminds me of last week, when you all saying on one hand that the Jets got into the playoffs because the Colts "laid down" (which insinuates the Colts would have won if they had played their starters), and on the other hand you claimed that the Colts got scared and pulled their starters to avoid another choke label thrown at them if they could not go undefeated (which insinuates they would have lost to the Jets if they had not pulled their starters)

Oh, I see. You are "underdogg" bright. Sophistic attacks on Pats fans that are easily shown to be illogical and fallacious.

Neither scenario above insinuates anything definitive as you state. The colts had a better chance of winning if they kept their starters in. A much better chance. 

Your scenarios aren't even contradictory. Pulling their starters for the game gave the Jets a better chance at victory while it also showed the colts were afraid of choking. The organization pretty much admitted it.

But it is moot anyway. No one will (especially colts fans and the colts themselves) will ever know if they could have gone undefeated because they wussed out. That is a fact and it is undisputed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't see the inconsistency: 

"Are the Ravens going to whine about fantom calls, or are the Colts going to receive the benefit of fantom calls?  Got to pick a side sometime."

Yes, I expect the Colts to get a beneficial PI call - just hoping it doesn't decide the game. And yes, I expect the Ravens to whine about phantom calls one way or the other, whether or not there are any. Unless the Ravens win they will have a beef about the officiating. So, no inconsistency there. 

Now on to the next: 

"This kind of reminds me of last week, when you all saying on one hand that the Jets got into the playoffs because the Colts "laid down" (which insinuates the Colts would have won if they had played their starters), 

*** No one knows for sure, but most folks seem comfortable with the idea that the Colts will generally beat the Jets if both teams are at full strength. And you don't have to be a Pats homer to know that Manning is more than a little better than Sanchez.

"and on the other hand you claimed that the Colts got scared and pulled their starters to avoid another choke label thrown at them if they could not go undefeated (which insinuates they would have lost to the Jets if they had not pulled their starters)."

*** I never claimed that. But that's the problem with a post where you generalized about every person who posts here. I never generalize about another team's fans because I would never lump an entire fan base together. Every fan base has cool people, trolls, smart trolls like Underdogg, and outright aholes. To claim one fan base is perfect and another is flawed is just dumb. 

As for my view, I would have had nothing but respect for the Colts if they had had the guts to try to go undefeated, as it's not an easy burden to carry. I was disappointed that they didn't go for it (as it seems most of their own players were), and even more disappointed when I heard Polian say that the regular season consecutive wins streak - one that was interrupted by an unsuccessful Super Bowl run - was more important (sorry, but that's wacky), and even more disappointed when they played their starters in the last game against the Bills to collect meaningless personal stat milestones. Having said that, while I was disappointed, I never accused the Colts of being scared of the Jets, nor would I have called the Colts chokers for going for the perfect season. I don't think the Colts were scared of the Jets. They wanted to rest their guys. I do think Colts management was daunted by the perfect season for some reason, not sure why, but the players weren't. I do personally believe the Colts now have a harder time winning the Super Bowl as they have placed more pressure on themselves now to justify their season, but we'll see.

Not sure who I'm rooting for Ravens/Colts, I hate both of them but respect both of them too. Guess I'll see what the game holds. Just hoping it doesn't feel like a game where one team got too much officiating help in crucial situations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yea, Don't try logic with us Pat's Fans...The Colts have an owner that has changed the rules of the game, The Colts get PI Penalties anytime their behind, and The Colts have been the least penalized team overall for an entire decade...but don't try logic with Pat's Fans, considering The New England Patriots were beneficiaries of the tuck rule in one game 8 years ago...so it just about evens out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

BTW, Thanx Harley...I watched that vid so many times that my eyes started bleeding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Actually, Laz, I would like it if they used logic. Or some kind of rational argument. You know, something that demonstrates a thought process that isn't broken.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

My logic is convoluted?  The arguments posed on this board are usually (1) That the Colts get illegitimate calls, (2) the Ravens whine about legitimate calls.  No one has ever posed the argument on here that the Ravens were on the wrong end of illegitimate calls against the Pats.

So again, I pose the question:  Are you going with argument #1, that the Colts will receive the benefit of illegitimate calls, or #2, that the calls will be legitimate (as you state they were when the Pats played Ravens and Ravens fans/organization complained) but the Ravens will complain afterwards and say they got shafted.

So, it seems if the Ravens complain when they play the Pats , they are whiners.  I am just curious to see who this board is going to side with now.  Has to be one or the other. 

There is nothing confusing or contradictory about what I am asking.  The simple question is:  are you taking the Colts side here, and going to say afterwards that the Ravens are just whining as always, or is it option 2, that you guys are rooting for the Ravens, and you are going to say after that the Colts got BS illegitimate calls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Seattle:

The point is that whether the call is legitimate or not depends on how you (or a fanbase) perceives the call.  You completely sidestepped the question.  Again, if it is a borderline call that affects the outcome of the game, are you going to say the Colts won by virtue of the Refs again, or are you going to say that the call was correct and the Ravens are just complaining?

Those two arguments are contradictory, and you can't pose both at the same time.  By supporting one argument or the other, you are implicitly supporting one team or the other.  A lot of people here have used BOTH arguments to support the Pats. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am supporting the Jets because of the Danian's new electric slide video. A tad cocky for a guy whose main claim in the playoffs has been most sulks per carry.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

maybe first explain what a "fantom" call is. Is that a call that is influenced by fans? All teams complain about calls that don't go their way, but the Ravens have that je ne sais quoi in their ability to do it in front of a mic.

I never play the ref card. Whining about refs and injuries is for losers. You won't see me complaining either way. I'm merely puzzled by your assertion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

So again, I pose the question:  Are you going with argument #1, that the Colts will receive the benefit of illegitimate calls, or #2, that the calls will belegitimate (as you state they were when the Pats played Ravens and Ravens fans/organization complained) but the Ravens will complain afterwards and say they got shafted.

That is a ridiculous supposition as already stated. You just don't believe BTS.

You are simply removing a potential outcome to make your "choices" appear contradictory. Your "reasoning" for this is that during a previous game against a different team, the Ravens complained about legitimate calls. They did, but it doesn't matter in a new game or any game different from the Pats game in Week 4. There is absolutely nothing precluding the possibility that the Ravens will have the chance to complain about illegitimate calls against them that are advantageous to the colts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Manning on his butt at least 6 times tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Hey look everyone, Enoch Root is back on his horse about officiating in Colts games.  

I have one for you Root, I hope the Colts get 5 bogus calls in their favor today and the Ravens get none.  The Ravens got the benefit of the calls in the first game their game against the colts earlier this year, so now its the colts turn. 

I am sure you missed that game, or maybe you conveniently chose not to comment on it since it runs counter to your rants.  Regardless, the colts, as a good team overcame that and won the game. 

That said, I still want them to get the benefit of calls today.  Is that ok?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the colts do get the benefit of bogus calls. if they didn't you wouldn't have to spend all your time refuting it underdousche

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Enochroot:

I think you answered my question.  When the PATS play the Ravens, then Ravens whine about legitimate calls.  But when the COLTS play the Ravens, then the Ravesn will complain about calls that are illegitimate.

Like I said, the argument changes for you guys if the team you dislike is playing the Pats . . . .

Underdogg,

I wonder if they'll say what I posted above is "illogical". 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

What exactly is the point you're trying to make? That there's scant logic behind fan support? Now that is truly enlightening. Dude, Bill Simmons wrote about how he kept changing his shirt to influence the outcome of last week's game and you can be sure he's not alone. There's nothing logical about this.

Is it logical that you're on an opposing team's fan site? Could be, but the word that comes to mind to me is "pathetic."

Also, I love your ability to take a sample of thousands of threads and be able to synthesize that into a cohesive, representative "voice of the crowd" that would enable you to say "you guys think/say/believe" anything.

I'm one of those "you guys" so tell me how my argument has changed.

Sections
Shortcuts