Colts Will Have A Tough Time Making The Playoffs.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Colts Will Have A Tough Time Making The Playoffs.....

The Texans are the real deal Pro-Bowl QB, a Hall of Fame caliber WR, and now they have a running back.  They're going to be tough for anyone to beat this season.  The Jaguars are a scrappy team that will probably be 8-8 or 9-7.  And the Titans look like they finally have Vince Young playing solid and Chris Johnson is an absolute terror for defenses.    That division will beat up on each other, easily the toughest division in football.  This is the year the Colts will probably go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Colts Will Have A Tough Time Making The Playoffs.....

There due for a down swing i agree, miss the playoffs? we'll see

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Wild Card In The AFC Should Be Interesting. 

The Patriots are going to win the AFC East.  But the Jets or the Dolphins, at least one of those teams should be around 9-7.  After last night's game, I'm thinking that team will be the Dolphins. 

The Ravens should win their division.  But the Steelers and Bengals should both be around 8-10 wins, they each get 2 easy wins vs. the Browns.  And then in the AFC West - since the Chiefs look improved and the Raiders are horrible and the Broncos are couple years away, I think the Chiefs may sneak into 10 wins and either win the division or at least compete for a wild card.  The Chargers will be between 9-11 wins this season. 

That makes it so important the Colts win their division because if they don't.  There are going to be a bunch of teams in the hunt for the wild card, teams that have easier records.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Hmmm it will be interesting considering how the Texans and Titans look early this season.  Easy to forget the Titans won that division 2 years ago with the best record in the AFC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Plus Bob Sanders is the heart of that defense and without him out, good luck stopping Chris Johnson or Maurice Jones-Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

It's only one week into the season.  Too many good players on the Colts team for them not to be around.  They made the SB last year without Bob Sanders.  They'll be around at the end of the year as usual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Will Have A Tough Time Making The Playoffs.....:
    [QUOTE]

They may not win their ususal 12 this year, but I still can't see the Colts missing the playoffs. Few teams can run the ball down their throats the way the Texans did, and they will scheme to get better in time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Colts gave up 2 bills + to the Dolphins early last year.  They won that game, miraculously.  The recipie was there last year, and it didn't work after that game.  The same recipie will now be touted as the elixer to soften the colts.  Certainly it could work, but I am betting that the colts figure this out. 

That does not mean they will suddenly become a good run defense, but they will be capable enough.  Oh and the heart and sole (and I mean that) of the team missed 14 games last year and the team still did ok. 

In fact, I think they beat the pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Seems like the Colts have won many of their games miraculously the last couple of seasons. Remember the Vikings and Texans games early in 2008?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like the Colts have won many of their games miraculously the last couple of seasons. Remember the Vikings and Texans games early in 2008?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Good point, digger.

The Colts are one of those teams that always seems to manage to "find a way." Hate all you want, but this is largely due to the presence of one Peyton Manning. The thing we saw on Sunday, however, was that despite the fact the Colts were able to ultimately ramp up the offense, they were not able to contain the Texans on D. If you care to listen, underdoggggg will tell you over and over again (ad nauseum) that the Colts are designed to play from ahead. We've been hearing for years that the way to beat them is to pound the ball at them and control the clock (which is something you're going to hear a lot about the Pats this year, unless I miss my guess). Houston was able to do this effectively on Sunday and -- Hey, whaddaya know? -- Indy has another ground and pound team coming up Sunday night in Blue New Jersey. It will be interesting to see if the Colts can eradicate all those "correctible mistakes" Manning was talking about after Sunday's loss . . .   or if the Colts are actually a team that can be pushed around.

We'll see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Pmike - as I said above -
    *the same theory was used in 09 after the fins game. 
    *It was used after the Jags game in 08 (3rd) when the Jags ran wild for 236.
    *In the 4th game in 07, Denver ran for 223
    *In 06 Jax ran for 375.  

Getting the gist?  This is nothing new for us but alarming everytime just the same.  someone on this board has a little quote about those forgetting the past are doomed to repeat it.  I am hoping that holds true here. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Pmike - as I said above - *the same theory was used in 09 after the fins game.  *It was used after the Jags game in 08 (3rd) when the Jags ran wild for 236. *In the 4th game in 07, Denver ran for 223 *In 06 Jax ran for 375.   Getting the gist?  This is nothing new for us but alarming everytime just the same.  someone on this board has a little quote about those forgetting the past are doomed to repeat it.  I am hoping that holds true here. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think you can predict how one team will do by extrapolating from what a different team did. It's all about match-ups. But given what we just saw, I think the Jints will be a good indicator of whether or not the Houston game was an aberration or a sign of things to come.

That's why it says "we'll see" at the end of my other post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Good points.  As I have said, I think the colts will shore things up a bit. I just hope its enough to beat the Giants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]Good points.  As I have said, I think the colts will shore things up a bit. I just hope its enough to beat the Giants.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]Yeah....I think the city of New Orleans thought they had things shored up a bit too....right before Katrina....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Will Have A Tough Time Making The Playoffs..... : Yeah....I think the city of New Orleans thought they had things shored up a bit too....right before Katrina....
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

Interesting comparison.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You're asking an awful lot of the word "interesting" there doggggg.

New Orleans' flood defenses are designed to protect it against the river, not the gulf.

Of course, I wouldn't expect a monkey to know that.

Particularly a mountain monkey.

Now, a bayou monkey, on the other hand . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Ok - I was being nice when I said that - trying to keep myself from being banned you know - I thought it was a crappy comparison. 

Is that better?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Y'know, I wouldn't make too much of an opening day road loss to one of the best teams in the AFC.  If the Colts lose their home opener to the Giants this weekend, then I'll probably be in the "Colts miss the playoffs" camp too...but I think my boys will more likely be back on track with games against Denver and Washington on deck...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I restrained myself (chuckling quietly to myself) when the OP suggested that the wet-paper-bag AFC South was  easily the toughest division in football." I'd be interested to know what Bitchburgh, Baltimore and Chincinnatti think about that.

Now Housont is "one of the best teams in the AFC?"

Please.

The Colts are coming back to the pack. That's all this is.

I don't have anything particular against delusion in a general sense, but I don't want to see it become rampant on my board. Let's try to keep the outlandishnesses to a minimum, shall we?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

pmike - Don't let your fandom get the best of you.  The AFC South is and has been one of the top divisions in recent history.  I've provided proof in the past of this. 

So the current AFC superbowl rep losing its first game on the road is simply the colts coming back to the pack.  I guess the pats beat the texans last year too.

Lets just say the Jets didn't look like much.  The fins may be more suspect than I thought.  What did the bengals demonstrate?  Were the Ravens world beaters?  Pittsburgh - We'll see. 

If we really want to evaluate - after the first week - the afc south is 3-1 with the current AFC SB rep being the only loss.  Seems pretty tough to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

Thats going to be a tough division but as much as a hate to say it but with manning under center i believe its always going to be the colts division. Texans are going to be a tough team by the looks of it but lets remember its only been one week in the Nfl. Manning has to many weapons (wayne, collie, garcon, clark) to say they wont win that division. I see them being 10-6 just remember they went to the superbowl with out sanders and sanders has been no real help with them for some time since he is always getting hurt. colts win the division with the texans on their a s s and titans right behind that i dont see the jaguars being a threat with garrard as there starter i'd say they go at best with him 6 and 10.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Y'know, I wouldn't make too much of an opening day road loss to one of the best teams in the AFC.  If the Colts lose their home opener to the Giants this weekend, then I'll probably be in the "Colts miss the playoffs" camp too...but I think my boys will more likely be back on track with games against Denver and Washington on deck...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Houston becomes one of the best teams in the AFC without ever making it to the playoffs! Sweet! Although you would be correct if it wasn't for these teams being better year after year:

Patriots
    Colts
    Steelers
    Chargers
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Titans
    Dolphins
    and recently Jets.

Maybe you meant one of the best teams in the bottom half of the AFC?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Will Have A Tough Time Making The Playoffs..... : Houston becomes one of the best teams in the AFC without ever making it to the playoffs! Sweet! Although you would be correct if it wasn't for these teams being better year after year: Patriots Colts Steelers Chargers Ravens Bengals Titans Dolphins and recently Jets. Maybe you meant one of the best teams in the bottom half of the AFC?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Year after year?  Last year the Texans played 6 of the teams you listed and beat 4 of them - Patriots, Bengals, Titans, Dophins.  So much for these teams being better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]Good points.  As I have said, I think the colts will shore things up a bit. I just hope its enough to beat the Giants.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

I just want to say that Eli threw 3 INT's last sunday and the Colts pass D is still elite. The Giants beat a bad team with a bad QB. It would be foolish to think the Colts are done after 1 loss. Recent history tells me different. The Patriots won their 1st Superbowl after starting 0-2 and won their 2nd superbowl after starting the year off losing 31 - 0 to the lowly Bills.

I expect the Giants to run early and often but i also expect Eli to throw a few to the Colts DB's. Colts will win, unfortunately.

I won't get into a peeeeing contest about which is the best division after only 1 week. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. I do think Houston will be an elite team this year if they stay healthy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, all off of one regular season game!!!!