Colts=Team of the Decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

Re: Colts=Team of the Decade?

In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade?:
    [QUOTE]The Colts are the statistical monster of the decade. I hoped Indy wouldn't win one SB so Peyton could go down as the biggest post-season fraud ever but he was able to cobble together some poor playoff stats and win the big one anyway kind of like rapin' Big Ben's first SB. How about Big Ben and Peyton are the worst SB-winning QBs of the decade?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

16 for 27, 145 yds.  Marcia didn't exactly light it up her first s/b now did she?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Indianapolis Colts = Atlanta Braves of football. Period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade? : Ahhh, JBolt...  There used to be a day where the Patriots "had the Colts' number".  Then, as suddenly as the situation arose, it was out the window - Colts have won five of the last six.  I'm sure that in some way you feel at this point that it's your team's destiny to beat the Colts in the playoffs, because it's happened the last two years.  Amazing how much confidence you get from an OT win and another win by one score.  We'll see, we'll see.  The Chargers may play an undefeated team in Indy in the AFCCG, and if that happens I like my Colts' chances...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Any team that gets in the Chargers way in the post season this year is a casualty. That's how its going down, sorry.

Your Colts would lose to SD today, if the D continues to be soft like @JAX. And I don't care who they sit 31 points is a farce.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ltpm3. Show ltpm3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade? : Sounds surprisingly similar to the confidence garnered by several "comeback" wins with the photo cropping out the fact that the refs are boosting the Colts over the fence.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Thats for sure!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade?:
    [QUOTE]If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 
    Posted by rf24fox[/QUOTE]

It's called Team of the DECADE, not team of the year!!! One good year does not override all of their playoff failures this decade.  How many times have we heard that winning championships is the determining factor of a great team.  Indy may have proved itself a very good REGULAR season team, but, only once carried that throughout the playoffs.  The Pats have done it FOUR times this decade and if Indy does make it to the SB this year, for only their second time this decade, that is a greater achievement that 4?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

We have to remember, these phony Team of the Decade honors are purely media-driven and if the media has to take its pick, records and objectivity will go out the window. They'll take the peerless Colts with the upstanding ownership, classy quarterback that puts up record numbers, humble, preacher-like coach and season after season of starting at least 10-0. Ew, that makes me sick saying all that but think about it, people.

Strictly speaking football, the Patriots are the team of the decade but the Colts would get the honor because they're the media darlings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

3 SB championship, 4 AFC Championship, playing in 5 AFC Championships, and setting ever single season NFL record, I think the Pats have this is one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade? : So I guess the Braves were the team of the decade over the 4-time WS champion Yankees?
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts. 

So what if they hold the REGULAR-SEASON win streak!.. They lost the only game that meant anything between those 2 seasons - the playoff game!!

Pats had a 21-game win streak that the media has somehow forgotten, in which the Pats won a SUPERBOWL!!

Pats have 6 playoff appearances in the decade with 5 trips to the AFC Championship game, 4 trips to the Superbowl, 3 Lombardi Trophies, 16-0 regular season, 14-3 postseason record, 10-game postseason win streak, etc., etc.

Lets see Indy top that Postseason win streak!!

If Indy goes 16-0, then loses a playoff game before getting to the Superbowl then they're going to be considered the biggest postseason failure of the decade fro all their years of pathetic showings in the playoffs. 

1. Patriots
    2. Steelers
    3. Colts

Were the Dolphins the team of the decade in the 70's? No! The Steelers were.  So what about the 17-0 season, the Steelers won MORE Superbowls!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade? : Your first word says it all, IF. If , will turn into didn't , once they face SD.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

It's looking more and more like the Chargers will have to beat the Pats before playing the Colts.  Unfortunately, the Chargers DO NOT have the Pats number.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 

Face it, nobody in the League takes the Colts seriously because everyone knows that thy have been extremely fortunate in their slew of "4th quarter comebacks".  They have not dominated anyone this year, especially if you compare their schedule and performance to New Orleans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

On another note... the media focus so much on the fact the Colts have won the most regular season games this decade, when in fact the football team that won the MOST games this decade is the Patriots!!  If the Colts had also won the most games in total this decade we would have seen this type of story line:  The Indianapolis Colts lead the NFL in most regular season games won with 114 and when playoff games are included, lead the entire NFL with an overall win total this decade of ???"  Of course they can't because to list the Patriots as the overall leader in NFL wins this decade is to condemn the Colts to being a regular season win leader and a post season flop leader!  For all their regular season heroics, if both teams win out this regular season, the Colts will not catch the Patriots as the overall leader in wins this decade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The whole point of the NFL is to be the superbowl winner.

Division champs, comference champs, Stat champs are all nice but Superbowl champ is what counts.

Patriots 3 Colts 1 end of debate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I wonder how much the media will say if/when the Colts and Saints go 16-0, but don't make it to the Superbowl?

I can't see New Orleans making it past the Vikings (and possibly even the Cardinals, if they play like they're capable of).

As well as the Colts, they're not as good as the Chargers.

Just wonder what would be said about their so-called greatness if they don't get it done when it counts? 

"Ahh, but they went 16-0 and that says enough for itself.  They played great all year long and made so many comebacks just to get to 16-0.  They were a great team who was just unfortunate in the playoffs." - What media will say about the Colts/Saints 

Instead of what we hear - "They couldn't finish it and the defense couldn't get off the field.  18-1, they couldn't win when it counted and they weren't in enough close games to get them prepared for a close one in the playoffs. The pressure of going undefeated got to them and they just couldn't get it done."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

No Way - Not With A Losing Playoff Record

You're assuming the Colts will go 19-0 - as if their serial failure to win a playoff game (six one-and-outs in nine playoff runs under Polian-Manning) means nothing.  The Colts cannot be team of the decade - not with fewer playoff wins (seven) than New England (14) or Pittsburgh (10).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

These team of the decade, most wins in a decade, yards in a decade etc. are so arbitrary.  Who was the best  2000-2010?  Who was the best from 1996-2006?  It's just a pointless marker.  Manning has the most yards in a decade ever, but had he started in the NFL in 1995 or 2005 it would be someone else.  The Pats are one of the Great Dynasties and if the Colts go undefeated or get a couple more SB's they will be too.  The fact that thier dominance started or finished within the same decade is meaningless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Allow me this clumsy segue:  ...Speaking of the decade has anyone seen this article from USA Today which lists the noteable scandals and achievements of the decade in sports.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2009-12-16-decade-in-sports_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Yes, the Pats are mentioned for 3 Superbowls, going 18-1 and making most of America aware of the tuck rule.  I guess that was everything worth mentioning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

If the Colts win it this year, it will be Pats 3 superbowls to Colts2 superbowls.  Pats 4 super bowls appearances, Colts 2 superbowls appearances.

1 regular season undefeated to 1 regular season undefeated.

How could the Colts possibly be team of the decade given the facts above.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If they meet up with the Saints in the SB, i think they lose.  so no problem there.  Heck, I think the Vikings can take them out.  Remember, Indy's lightweight defense wears down bad in the post season.  And i agree i would worry about that D if im a colts fan. Lucky for me, IM NOT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wrong

Usually the team of the decade is not measured on how many wins you had, but by how many Super Bowls you've won, i.e. green bay -60's, pittsburgh - 70's, san fran -80's, cowboys - 90's.  The Pats have already been labeled team of the decade by a couple sports magazines. 4 trips to the super bowl, 5 AFC championship games,  and possiblay a fifth SB are pretty much the tip of the iceberg, everbody else is sliding down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

It's always been Super Bowls or NFL Titles. Otherwise why not have the Dolphins as the team of the 70's they were undefeated in 72' and won more regular season games that decade then the Steelers. Like shenanigan says pretty stupid all the stuff they come up with per decade. Pro football is so different then when I first watched it in the 70's. Of course there is more offense now, look at the frickin rules. If players today played with rules back in the early 70's you wouldn't see as much offense and a lot more injured QB's. As far as the Colts I'm from Missouri on them each year. Yeah you do well in the regular season but too many 1st round defeats in the post season over their history.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 
    Posted by rf24fox

Including today's win, the Pats have 125 wins to Indy's 122.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

As a Colts fan I'd love to say that they are the team of the decade but........ I can't.  It HAS to go to the Pats.  You can't argue with the stats.  More wins and more Super Bowls.  End of story.  Even if the Colts win out and win the Super Bowl I think that it closes the gap but they still aren't there.  Man, I hate saying that but the truth hurts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Sorry but 3 SB trophies out of 4 appearences trumps the Dolts' 1 trophy. They're not going to the SB this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

there's no clear team of the decade. pats dominated 1/2 but faltered 2nd half. there are three teams of the decade, pats-steelers-colts, or if colts win SB this year (esp but not necessariy if they go undefeated),  pats-colts-steelers. but there is no team that dominated the entire decade. (If Colts win SB this season, three SB rings still trump 2 SB rings plus the records, Pats have the edge.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]there's no clear team of the decade. pats dominated 1/2 but faltered 2nd half. there are three teams of the decade, pats-steelers-colts, or if colts win SB this year (esp but not necessariy if they go undefeated),  pats-colts-steelers. but there is no team that dominated the entire decade. (If Colts win SB this season, three SB rings still trump 2 SB rings plus the records, Pats have the edge.)
    Posted by number1troll[/QUOTE]

Guess you could make the same point for the Cowboys in the 90's. Great in the first half and didn't do much from 96-99. Still we did make it to a Super Bowl in the 2nd half and if we win next week it will be our 4th division title post last Super Bowl win. Then you figure of the top 3 teams we have a much better playoff record. Sure people will start coming up with 2nd half decade teams now, and over the last 3 years team. We can still end this decade with a Super Bowl win and hopefully we build up a great team for the next 10 years.