Colts=Team of the Decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: Colts=Team of the Decade?

Colts have had an amazing run and are at worst in the running for 1(a) or #2 behind the Pats.  Steelers have had an impressive run, too.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade?:
    If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 
    Posted by rf24fox

I concur.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade?:
    In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade? : I concur.
    Posted by BTownExpress

Sure is nice to pick and choose the stats that support your concurring.  One SB win, maybe a second, having a regular season win streak, (not a true consecutive game winstreak) a fairly sorry record in the playoffs is enough to overcome  5 AFCCG  and 4 SB appearances, 3 SB titles, the most wins, including playoffs, of any team this decade, the first team to go 18 - 0?  Colts fan make this argument!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

2 comments: 1st if Colts win a SB this year, that makes 2 in this decade to Pats 3.  The Pats are still the team of the decade; 2nd, the Pats will beat the Colts if they meet this year like they did to St Louis several years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Entropic. Show Entropic's posts

As long as they can win two superbowls this year, I guess I'd have to agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade? : Guess you could make the same point for the Cowboys in the 90's. Great in the first half and didn't do much from 96-99. Still we did make it to a Super Bowl in the 2nd half and if we win next week it will be our 4th division title post last Super Bowl win. Then you figure of the top 3 teams we have a much better playoff record. Sure people will start coming up with 2nd half decade teams now, and over the last 3 years team. We can still end this decade with a Super Bowl win and hopefully we build up a great team for the next 10 years.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

true, if pats win SB then they are clear team of the decade, but if they don't make it past wildcard this time then they will likely be the better team of the decade, not THE team of the decade. that's all.

For Pats to be team of the next decade, they will likely have to pick up some impact free agents and/or have stellar drafts, as they're one of the oldest teams in the NFL (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-football/355408-something-interesting-oldest-youngest-nfl-teams.html), and I don't see that boding well long-term.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade? : true, if pats win SB then they are clear team of the decade, but if they don't make it past wildcard this time then they will likely be the better team of the decade, not THE team of the decade. that's all. For Pats to be team of the next decade, they will likely have to pick up some impact free agents and/or have stellar drafts, as they're one of the oldest teams in the NFL ( http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-football/355408-something-interesting-oldest-youngest-nfl-teams.html ), and I don't see that boding well long-term.
    Posted by number1troll

Wonder how much weight old man Joey Galloway figured into that graph since it was September? I expect the Pats to continue the youth movement more on the offensive side of the ball where they have one of the oldest group of running backs (Taylor, Faulk, and Morris) in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Are you serious?  Are you completely forgetting how many of the Colts' superlatives were aided by poor or crooked officiating?  Having lived in the Midwest this decade for all but the past month, I witnessed many a striped miracle help the Colts beat teams - beat the Giants, the Pats, the Jaguars, the Titans and on and on and on.  W/o those phantom P/I calls, w/o the non calls for their own P/I and o-line holding, the Colts are a good team, along the lines of the Chargers, at best.  The Pats would have won at least one more SB had the officials not so assisted the Colts all of this decade.  It is a disgrace.  And I expect more real Pats' fans here to not forget this truth - a truth that is known all across the country, save for Indy. 

No matter who wins this next SB, the Pats have been the team of this decade, as so many writers have asserted by now.

Sections
Shortcuts