Come June 15th will the Pats sign Mankins.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Come June 15th will the Pats sign Mankins.

I'm hopeful but it doesn't look good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Come June 15th will the Pats sign Mankins.

Harley I think if Mankins has a brain in his head he'll sign or at least become more active in the negotiations,but hey what do I know? Maybe he holds out until the 10th week and then realizes he has no job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Unlike a guy like Darrelle Revis, Logan Mankins has very little leverage to induce the Patriots to pay him huge money. Although he's a fine player, guards are much easier to replace than the very rare shut-down CBs. 

The Patriots have called his bluff. Now, will he risk calling theirs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

who the heck cares if they do or not. Big deal. let him whine like the rest of the way overpaid people. NO human being is worth the kind of money these people get paid.

If Jesus did not get paid like that and he is THE KING...NOT a man here then they should not either.

Learn the value of things people. This world is not your home. You should spend more time thinking of eternity than what a NFL player makes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Come June 15th will the Pats sign Mankins.:
    who the heck cares if they do or not. Big deal. let him whine like the rest of the way overpaid people. NO human being is worth the kind of money these people get paid. If Jesus did not get paid like that and he is THE KING...NOT a man here then they should not either. Learn the value of things people. This world is not your home. You should spend more time thinking of eternity than what a NFL player makes.
    Posted by LadyBradyFan

Good point to an extent but when talking football (which is what's done on this board), you have to know that somewhere down the road with EVERY player money and ego will get in the way. Of course, nobody is worth this kind of money to play football (a game they all supposedly love) but the the truth is they DO deserve the money because the market is willing to pay it to them. It's supply and demand. None of these players just woke up one morning and said "look this is what I'm worth so I'll demand it." Of course, players DO wake up and throw out figures but at the end of the day, they only get what someone's willing to pay for their services. When they say this is a business first and foremost, they really do mean it. This can of worms you've opened can raise a discussion (a valid one at that) that can go on and on. Teachers deserve more, firefighters deserve more but none of us line up on Sundays to watch them and Coors Light and Bud Light won't see their sales skyrocket if they slapped stickers on our teachers and firefighters. That's the sad truth. You get good enough at something in this world, you can demand anything and chances are you'll get it. Get above a certain level and all of these little rules you see all of a sudden are bent for you (see star athletes that get away with murder, rape, etc.). It's not fair but that's what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I like thinking of eternity ....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/logan-mankins-wants-to-be-traded-plans-to-sign-tender/

he signed his tender but wants to be traded...since he's apparently myopic, and perhaps misinformed about the parameters surrounding the 2010 uncapped year and lack of a CBA, i think the club should trade him for a 2011 second round pick or a quality defensive player...Patriots will not overpay for a guard, it's that simple...+200 RFAs are in his same state but haven't demanded a trade (as far as i know), so accommodate the man since he obviously doesn't want to be around here anymore...had enough chemistry issues last year...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

my bad...per profootballtalk.com he's not signing his tender and wants to be traded...so, slash his salary and trade him...no other recourse, now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

"This world is not your home"  What?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You should spend more time thinking of eternity than what a NFL player makes.
    Posted by LadyBradyFan

And a good way to learn what eternity feels like is to read more posts like this one^.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

I here that eternity is a long time, and if this world isn't our home then what is it? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Where is Howard Slusher when you need him!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

You can blame Gene Upshaw, God rest his soul.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Pats probably offered something like $5m per year. When Mankins expects $7 per year. I am pretty sure this is the scenario and neither party is budging. 
    Posted by murghkhor

they did offer him 7 mil a season, now he'll get 1.5 mil or be traded to the raydas,  rams or chiefs(they both need an o-line)

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts