Comeback wins and adversity ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Comeback wins and adversity ...

Does anyone else think a few comeback wins while the rookies are getting into shape and New England is waiting for Gronk might pay dividends down the road?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyp7862. Show andyp7862's posts

Re: Comeback wins and adversity ...

I definitely think so. I don't think Brady will have that sloppy of a game all year. I also don't think KT is going to look that lost all year. The greatest thing for this team right now --- especially the rookies --- is that the next game is on a short week. Gives them a chance to see film and get right back out there. Sure beats waiting until Sunday night or Monday night. I see the Jets and Bucs game as good tests to let the young guys get a feel for things, Brady to build some chemistry in-game with guys, and guys like Gronk and Dobson get healthy. Atlanta, to me, is the early test. And I'll be at the game!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Totally. Was great to see a Pats' team that executed late in the game, as opposed to crumbling. Felt like the early 2000s again. 

Let's go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Definitely! It helps build confidence and team identity. This teaches the rookies that there are no free lunches in the NFL. A blowout wouldn't have done that.

Supra societatem nemo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The youngins are now 1-game veterans. Lesson 1 learned on how to win in the pros.
    Fortunately, the Bills haven't learned that yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

I agree.

Amendola made the catches late too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Amendola was nails. Sure a few Welker lovers will be out making noise ... but 10 for 104 in a game like that?

If he wasn't in there NE doesn't win it. 

Those 4th Q catches on the two scoring drives were IMMENSE. Especially the one on that third down where he wsa diving backward over the defender. 

Just cluuuutch. 

I hope he can wrap up that groin issue. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Meh, I think they stole one (which I am perfectly happy with). It was only a comeback because they first blew a 10 point lead and then managed to FGs to come back and win the game.  The offense's best drive in the second half actually ended on a fumble. The 3-and-out when the Bills got the ball with 5:51 left was the difference in the game.

I must say the defense won that game. The offense managing two FGs in the second half does not impress me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Amendola was nails. Sure a few Welker lovers will be out making noise ... but 10 for 104 in a game like that?

If he wasn't in there NE doesn't win it. 

Those 4th Q catches on the two scoring drives were IMMENSE. Especially the one on that third down where he wsa diving backward over the defender. 

Just cluuuutch. 

I hope he can wrap up that groin issue. 

the catch on 3rd down in he 4th falling on his back with a defender drapped all over him was tremendous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

A comeback win against Buffalo has aged me.   If they need a last drive comeback against Green New Jersey I'll need a doctor on stand-by.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Z

I am glad you see the positive in all this, a learning experience to build upon.

Me, I saw a sloppy game that nearly slipped away on the bad snap/Brady fumble, Ridley turnover and Talib letting someone get by him for a TD. I feel confident on BB coaching people up but still he has his work cut out for him this season! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Well. Maybe. A FG win with 5 seconds left in a game where they made multiple trips to the red zone with nothing to show really does not impress. Plus the Bills did their part with multiple penalities keeeping the Pats in the game. Several players appear to have steep learning curves and the skill level for NFL games may take some time or be out of their reach. 

Sections
Shortcuts