Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs

Gonna be like airports now

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/coming-to-an-nfl-stadium-near-you-enhanced-pat-downs/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs

In Response to Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs:
    [QUOTE]Gonna be like airports now http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/coming-to-an-nfl-stadium-near-you-enhanced-pat-downs/
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

They've been patting people down at concerts for decades. I wonder how many guns and knives they'll find on Ravens fans.

As for airports....I'd rather let them look at my nuts then get blown up in midair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs : They've been patting people down at concerts for decades. I wonder how many guns and knives they'll find on Ravens fans.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

LOL, or how about the Raydas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs : They've been patting people down at concerts for decades. I wonder how many guns and knives they'll find on Ravens fans. As for airports....I'd rather let them look at my nuts then get blown up in midair.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I have been "randomly" pulled aside 9 out 9 times so far. Most likely cause my last name sounds like it's fake. And, you know what I really don't care. I leave enough time so if I do I don't have to worry and I'd much rather know I'm safe on a flight then have to wonder if something was going to happen.

Truthfully the exra bag fees are more annoying to me then the pat downs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I hate to be the one to play devil's advocate but even though Bin Laden is gone, in some ways he accomplished what he set out to do. President Bush stood with his bullhorn, at ground zero, and declared that the terrorist "would not change our way of lives." As for getting pulled aside 9 times out of 9, you would think after 2 or 3 times that your name would go on a list of passengers who don't need to be pulled randomly aside. Do they use the same security check on all employees entering the stadium also? Be much easier for the terrorist to pull off something like the guy tried in N.Y times square, fortunately we got lucky on that incident. Just my opinion, I don't mean to make light of the situation or be disrespectful to the earlier poster's who have no problem with it,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Coming to a country near your:  Despotism through Fear.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

This is crazy and worthless.  No terrorist is going to a football game and cause anything.  The impact would not be great enough.  What would they hurt?  A couple of thousand fans?  They are looking for a serious impact.  A football stadium does not fit their mold

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I miss the good old days, when I could walk into the stadium with my binoculars around my neck and three 16-ounce beers in the case overy my shoulder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

[QUOTE]You can still bring in your binoculars and cameras and stuff Pmike you just cant bring in beer anymore...sadly. I agree this is needed. I cant tell you how many times I have gone into Gillette and thought "you know what that is scary, if i wanted to get a gun into this place I could" so I hope they do check people more, sadly their are bad people out there who do stupid things so its needed. I normally dont mind the airport, coming home from San Diego I got randomly spot checked and the guy was a d*ck so I didnt like that I mean can can be cool about it. But I was also nervous cause I had some....stuff in my luggage LOL so you know in the one situation it was not cool but normally I am totally ok wih it lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
            Hey Killa you could never bring beers into the stadium!I dont know where you got that from.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE] But I was also nervous cause I had some....stuff in my luggage LOL so you know in the one situation it was not cool but normally I am totally ok wih it lol

Wow dude you got some ba11s! I'd be way too scared to try that especially going to California, stuffs basically sold in grocery stores there! Ever seen Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanomo Bay? Lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I have and you will be happy to know that I was able to avoid the Big Bob's *cock sandwich LOL. Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Hahaha F* you donuts are awesome. They're delicious! Great movie...glad you made it back without any trouble!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

easy to solve when the security guard says "sir we have to pat down your mid section" simply answer with a lisp "promise" with the gayest look on your face.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I have and you will be happy to know that I was able to avoid the Big Bob's *cock sandwich LOL. Yea well my cousin gave me some that im sure he picked in his back yard lol considering he lives in Redwood country where everyone and their mother is growing dope. And I never got around to smoking it and didnt want to waste it so my wife and I put it in an altoids can and put it in my luggage. Tasted like altoids when we smoked it LOL but I got it through to Boston with out problems. I was scared the whole way home LOL

Haha...that's funny!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]easy to solve when the security guard says "sir we have to pat down your mid section" simply answer with a lisp "promise" with the gayest look on your face.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

And that's funnier!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Hey does anyone know if they check the luggage you check that goes in the cargo? Do airports only check the carry on? I asked a few people but they didn't know.

My gf and I are going to disney soon and obviously want to bring some "magic" to the kingdom. We thought making brownies but figured they'd just get all mushy and melty.

I wanted to go to amsterdam where we can just enjoy it there without bringing it. She won a bet though and wanted Disney cuz she thinks she's still 6 years old. I will admit though walking around the parks with that would be great as long as you can find places to take it. I'm guessing there are security cams everywhere. Which brings us back to brownies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]Homecheese you are speaking my language lol I have been to Disney and no way can you get away with smoking inside the parks. You can smoke on the ride in but not inside. Also they have new laws in Amsterdam you might want to check out, they have anti smoking laws for weed over there now or at least thats what I have heard. As for the luggage, I was also not sure of this which is why I did not put it in my carry on. I was worried about putting it in my luggage as well because who knows if they scan everything or not i mean I assume they would for safety. I put it in a altoid can because you cant X Ray a tin can like that it just shows up as a white object and if its not ticking or moving in any way they have no reason to open your bag. I think LOL. Plus a quick flight down to FL should be relaxed as far as security goes, its the flights to Jamaica lol that get you caught

Thanks for the info Killa! I don't think I have the guts to try the altoid thing.   Security would wonder why I was sweating and shaking so much. Heck maybe we'll just drive down instead with some homemade brownies. It'd still be worth it.

As far as amsterdam goes that would really 5UCK! I always wanted to go and my buddy went a few years back and said it was great and he walked through the red light district and said it was nice to see at night with all the windows lighted up. He didn't pay for any action though or atleast thats what he says.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I think if we have to surrender a lot of our rights, the terrorists win

but I agree that tougher security is needed to prevent weapons from entering stadiums.  I've always thought that the pat-downs were lax

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The only shock is that this all came to fruition because of New York fans. A Cowboys fan from the New York area firing away at a few Jets fans with a stun gun. This guy figured out a sure fire way to rid the world of idiots on a one by one basis and now every one has to suffer for it?

It doesn't seem right!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]I miss the good old days, when I could walk into the stadium with my binoculars around my neck and three 16-ounce beers in the case overy my shoulder.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

In the real good old days you could bring a cooler into the stadium! Since all the seats in the original stadium at Foxboro were bench type seats you just kept the cooler under the seat! You could eat your favorite food and never miss a play. It was better back then. At least that part of it was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]This is crazy and worthless.  No terrorist is going to a football game and cause anything.  The impact would not be great enough.  What would they hurt?  A couple of thousand fans?  They are looking for a serious impact.  A football stadium does not fit their mold
    Posted by msteven[/QUOTE]
    This is exactly what they would be looking for.  Killing thousands on national TV, they would get attention.  That's exactly what terrorism is about. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEfreak. Show NEfreak's posts

Yes you could...I carried in a case of beer in a cooler at Alumni StadiumIn to see the Pats play Sonny Jurgenson and the Skins the day the stands caught on fire.Response to Re: Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coming to an NFL stadium near you: “Enhanced” pat downs :         Hey Killa you could never bring beers into the stadium!I dont know where you got that from.
    Posted by patsrkillers[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts