comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!

I can't say I hate them. They're not worth the energy. I do appreciate the comic value of the massive amount of delusion that surrounds them. Sportscasters fawn over them, their fans are morons, the players jerks and the team is coached by a blowhard. They could almost be a sitcom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mercury Morris and it's not even close.  Still playing today; however, is the over confident Jersey team and fans.

Greenbay a close second cause i hate Favre and Rogers is being called the best ever by the time his career is over.  Complete disresepct at this time.

Manning... hate his face.  Eli.. hate his face even more.  Like Pau Gasol face hate.  I see their faces and I wanna punch them....we all know some people like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I hate the Jets, but I hate the Yankees more. I also hate the Knicks and the Rangers. Come to think of it most New Yorkers themselves are unbelievably obnoxious and I don't really like them much either. Maybe I'd give the Islanders a pass---No! I guess I'd toss them into the same boat  as well.
     I'm also sick of all the Ryans, and that includes Buddy, Rex and Rob.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Jets and Lakers

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!:
    [QUOTE]1. Canadiens 2. Jets 3. Yankees 4. Lakers
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Could never really hate the Canadians like everyone else does. When I was a kid the Rangers seemed to be more hated. I always admired the Canadians. They actually used to have more local boys than the Bruins did (before Milbury and Bob Miller arrived). Their coach was the smartest, their goalie was brilliant and unorthodox and they were like the Celtics in the 1960's. Even if you hated them you had to admire the hell out of them. I am actually sorry that the Canadians are no longer very good. Other than Bird/Magic the 70's Bruins/Canadians rivalry was the most intense I have ever seen. Colts/Patriots is close but now that the Colts have won a superbowl I do not think it is as intense as it used to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE] The Don Shula Dolphins were despicable back in the day. He was on the competition comitee back then and it seemed like the Pats were always getting jobbed by the Refs back then. The Pats could never win in the Orange bowl and the Pats were never respected as a rival. The AFC championship victory in the Orange bowl back in 1985 is still my favorite Pats game ever. Everyone wanted Bears vs Miami rematch and no one thought the Pats had a chance. They did not just win they crushed them. After the Dolphins celebrated the Pats super bowl loss a few years ago it reminded me why I hated them so much.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Agree, agree. a lot of the younger folks don't remember how we could never beat them in the Orange Bowl. The 85 title game was only the third time we won there I think. That is my second greatest Pats victory next to Super Bowl 36. That victory is never given it's due in Boston Sports history. I think it's top 5, or absoutely top ten.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Pro Football-1.Fins 2. Steelers 3. Cowboys 4. Jets. I don't like the Colts but I don't dislike them like a lot of us. The Raiders have dropped lately since they've been so bad. The Broncos were another who always seemed to beat the Pats. Pro sports. 1A-Lakers 1B-Yanks 3. Habs 4. Fins.  Doesn't anybody dislike the Steelers??? Aren't you sick of them? Those fans (at least here in Philly) never give us our due. They talk about the 1970's. I would root for the stinking Cowboys over the Steelers now. The reason I have the Lakers slightly over the Yankees is because they have one less title then the Celts. That record is sacred and I hope the Lakers don't win for 100 years. The Yanks? Nobody is ever going to touch their 27 titles. I still will always root against them. The Lakers right now should be Boston enemy no.1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I hate The NY Jets more than Stal!n or H!tler.  Because H!tler seemed to start off well- Well, maybe not "well", Because H!tler was already blacklisting J3ws, and like r3tarded people too, I presume.  Sendin' em to Camps an' stuff.  But look, I'm just sayin', Say for instance none of that mass gen0cide and world war 10's of millions dead stuff happened.  Say we're just going off, H!tler doing social programs and just totally flipping Germany's post WWI abysmal economy.  These are decent things (again- PRE gen0cide).  Same with Stal!n.  There can be some good found in Stal!n.  Look, just compare Stal!n to H!tler.  Hitler just used J3wish people as an unfortunate "fall-guy", for the considerable scr#wing The German nation got when WWI ended, in the Versailles Treaty...  And really, there is NO excuse for blaming someone for something they never did.  But Stal!n?  Man, He killed EVERY-one.  Protestants, J3ws, Catholics, Serbs, Austrians, Mongols, Priests, Peasants, High ranking Party Members, any & everyone in seperate political parties, Military personell, Wealthy land owners...  Wow, right?  THIS guy treated EVERY-one...Pretty darn equally, right folks?  Am I right or am I wrong?  PLUS!=The 1 guy he's tryin' to become friends with, because- hey, maybe he feels some kinda "mass-murder3r-type kinship" with who...?  WITH H!tler, that's who.  And then H!tler goes and just totally backstabs Stal!n (NEVER cool).

THIS is why I hate The NY Jets more than Stal!n or H!tler (probably Sat-an, Joan Rivers, billionaires, and really pushy begga-rs, too).  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! :  Could never really hate the Canadians like everyone else does. When I was a kid the Rangers seemed to be more hated. I always admired the Canadians. They actually used to have more local boys than the Bruins did (before Milbury and Bob Miller arrived). Their coach was the smartest, their goalie was brilliant and unorthodox and they were like the Celtics in the 1960's. Even if you hated them you had to admire the hell out of them. I am actually sorry that the Canadians are no longer very good. Other than Bird/Magic the 70's Bruins/Canadians rivalry was the most intense I have ever seen. Colts/Patriots is close but now that the Colts have won a superbowl I do not think it is as intense as it used to be.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]
    Come on 1969,1971,1977,1978 and ugggh 1979. We had the best record ever in the 70-71 season and choked to Dryden and the Habs. You're sorry they aren't good anymore???? Bite your tounge. The Rangers rivalry was only from 69 to 73 or 74. Mainly because of Derek Sanderson always getting into fight at MSG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]I hate The NY Jets more than Stal!n or H!tler.  Because H!tler seemed to start off well- Well, maybe not "well", Because H!tler was already blacklisting J3ws, and like r3tarded people too, I presume.  Sendin' em to Camps an' stuff.  But look, I'm just sayin', Say for instance none of that mass gen0cide and world war 10's of millions dead stuff happened.  Say we're just going off, H!tler doing social programs and just totally flipping Germany's post WWI abysmal economy.  These are decent things (again- PRE gen0cide).  Same with Stal!n.  There can be some good found in Stal!n.  Look, just compare Stal!n to H!tler.  Hitler just used J3wish people as an unfortunate "fall-guy", for the considerable scr#wing The German nation got when WWI ended, in the Versailles Treaty...  And really, there is NO excuse for blaming someone for something they never did.  But Stal!n?  Man, He killed EVERY-one.  Protestants, J3ws, Catholics, Serbs, Austrians, Mongols, Priests, Peasants, High ranking Party Members, any & everyone in seperate political parties, Military personell, Wealthy land owners...  Wow, right?  THIS guy treated EVERY-one...Pretty darn equally, right folks?  Am I right or am I wrong?  PLUS!=The 1 guy he's tryin' to become friends with, because- hey, maybe he feels some kinda "mass-murder3r-type kinship" with who...?  WITH H!tler, that's who.  And then H!tler goes and just totally backstabs Stal!n (NEVER cool). THIS is why I hate The NY Jets more than Stal!n or H!tler (probably Sat-an, Joan Rivers, billionaires, and really pushy begga-rs, too).  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I do not wish to debate history here but the Versailles treaty was never as harsh as the Nazi's portrayed it was. Germany enforced a much tougher peace on Russia when it defeated them in 1917 and most likely would have done the same to Belgium and France if it had suceeded in defeating them. It's almost besides the point since the Allies were too afraid to enforce the treaty in the 1930's when Hitler completely ignored Germany's agreement. The WW2 treaty was vastly harsher and the German's do not complain about it much today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think hate is a strong word for sports fans-I would say more disdain. That being said I would have to rank it this way 1-Yankees 2- Lakers 3 Jets. I would not put the Canadiens in there- give our brothers up north a break- they live in that frozen tundra called a country-what else do they have but hockey-throw the dog a bone!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Come on 1969,1971,1977,1978 and ugggh 1979. We had the best record ever in the 70-71 season and choked to Dryden and the Habs. You're sorry they aren't good anymore???? Bite your tounge. The Rangers rivalry was only from 69 to 73 or 74. Mainly because of Derek Sanderson always getting into fight at MSG.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I rooted against them but I never hated them. I am sorry they are not good anymore (Hockey's overexpansion has really hurt the rivalries). Canadians vs the Bruins on channel 38 in the 70's was some of the best sports drama i have ever seen. In 1971 the Bruins choked it plain and simple. It's not the Canadians fault the Bruins acted like they were allready the Champs. Perhaps the greatest humility lesson in sports history untill Yankees/Red Sox in 2004. In 1977 and 1978 the Canadians were clearly the better team and in 1979 you could just feel it as the 3rd quarter went on the Bruins were going to lose. The too many men on the ice penalty was never disputed by Don Cherry (as I recollect) and for weeks people argued who was at fault. I did not hate the Magic Lakers either. I was upset that Houston beat the Lakers in 1986 because it cheapened the finals for me. I watched it but it was not nearly as enjoyable as the 84 championship which seemed like life or death at the time to me. Now that i am much older none of the losses eat me up like they used to. Maybe thats why I can't hate the current Jets like I did the Shula Dolphins, I'm older and have seen them all win titles which can never be taken back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! :  I rooted against them but I never hated them. I am sorry they are not good anymore (Hockey's overexpansion has really hurt the rivalries). Canadians vs the Bruins on channel 38 in the 70's was some of the best sports drama i have ever seen. In 1971 the Bruins choked it plain and simple. It's not the Canadians fault the Bruins acted like they were allready the Champs. Perhaps the greatest humility lesson in sports history untill Yankees/Red Sox in 2004. In 1977 and 1978 the Canadians were clearly the better team and in 1979 you could just feel it as the 3rd quarter went on the Bruins were going to lose. The too many men on the ice penalty was never disputed by Don Cherry (as I recollect) and for weeks people argued who was at fault. I did not hate the Magic Lakers either. I was upset that Houston beat the Lakers in 1986 because it cheapened the finals for me. I watched it but it was not nearly as enjoyable as the 84 championship which seemed like life or death at the time to me. Now that i am much older none of the losses eat me up like they used to. Maybe thats why I can't hate the current Jets like I did the Shula Dolphins, I'm older and have seen them all win titles which can never be taken back.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]
    Yes disdain for the Fins. Like I said a lot of the younger people don't remember how they dominated us. And that was everybody's second favorite team here in Philly? I'm not saying the Bruins were better then those Habs teams(76-79). I just don't understand why you don't have didain for them. In fact I believe those Habs teams from 76-79 may have been the best hockey team ever. I know they didn't have Gretzky but God they were good. 79 was the only year they were really challenged. The Islanders in 77 and 78 seemed to be the only team to give them a little trouble. I often wonder if the Rangers hadn't beaten the Islanders in 79, would the Habs have beaten the Islanders. I agree that I loved the Celtics beating the Lakers in 84 better then 86 but I loved that the Rockets beat the Lakers. I was at a bar and jumped up and screamed when Sampson put in that shot. We can say it didn't mean as much but don't deny that it meant title 16 was secure. You know we would have had more trouble with the Lakers. Why give a great Lakers team a chance?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!:
    [QUOTE]im sorry. i just absolutly hate the jets, more than the colts, steelers, giants, raiders, and the 1970s dolphins bitter RB morris....it is so nice to beat them...and i hope they go 2-14 so i can laugh hard...they should be 1-4. f&ck everyone that has ever been a jet and everyone that is and will be a jet....except woodhead lol
    Posted by the17thpresident[/QUOTE]

The Jets aren't even close in this. My #1 hated team is the Indianapolis Colts, followed very closely by the LA Lakers, and the Montreal Canadiens. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! :  Could never really hate the Canadians like everyone else does. When I was a kid the Rangers seemed to be more hated. I always admired the Canadians. They actually used to have more local boys than the Bruins did (before Milbury and Bob Miller arrived). Their coach was the smartest, their goalie was brilliant and unorthodox and they were like the Celtics in the 1960's. Even if you hated them you had to admire the hell out of them. I am actually sorry that the Canadians are no longer very good. Other than Bird/Magic the 70's Bruins/Canadians rivalry was the most intense I have ever seen. Colts/Patriots is close but now that the Colts have won a superbowl I do not think it is as intense as it used to be.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Glad to see such strong hatred for the Canadiens. I even root against them in preseason games!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Here are my reasonings: Canadiens Reason 1: They controlled the NHL until 1961. They had a rule in place, a law, as a matter of fact, that stated any Canadian born player was their property until they didn't want to keep them under contract. In 1961, the NHL entry draft was instituted, completely ruining this little arrogant and sneaky plan that organization sat on for decades. This means Toronto was next in line for top dibs and then the remaining 4 American clubs. Reason 2: They way thjey play. They are the reason the NHL has become pansified and more European. They always played dirty, but in a subtle way. They also would play dirty and then when challenged to fight under the unqritten codes, they wouldn't do it. It's li,ke the rules never applied to them. It's like this today. And then when something bad happens to them (see Chara on Pacioretty), they act like abused women. I have ZERO respect for them. ZERO.  And a player could play for any other team his whole career, end up there and somehow they teach that plpayer to morph into this kind of pansy player. Even their goons have been total dirty pansies. Jets Somewhat recent.  This hate stems from the NY entitlement attitude and arrogance as well, but it's worse than the Yankees, because they aren't really on an elite level, so it's like double arrogance.  I;ve said enough here on the boards recently for you to know my other comments. Yankees They're tradiiton and success is great, but it traces back to how they operate today. They bought Babe Ruth, a few other players, and that's exactly how they operate todayacting like they are better than everyone with an open checkbook. I can't think of one fan from another fanbase that respects them fully. Their fans claim that because a handful of homegrown players (Jeter, Williams, Mo, Posada, etc), were developed from within, this allows them to not have that bought championship tag. Arrogance. As a Sox fan, I want a cap in MLB and I know that my teams partially or somewhat fully bought a title in 2004 and I admit it.  I don't try to lie about it. Lakers Sort of like Yankees Lite.  Their fans are dumb, generally speaking, Johnny Come Latelys, fairweather, casual, seen to be seen types, yet they try to cozy up the Celts tradition, when their team was originally clipped from Minnesota. And the fact is, Phil Jackson can't hold Red Auerbach's lighter.  He';s never built a team from scratch in his entire career. More arrogance.  Kobe? Can we see a more arrogant unlikeable athlete next to Arod?  No, we can't. Plus, the canary yellow shorts. Really? Canary yellow and purple?  Good god.

Wow every canadian player? I thought they had the first two picks of Quebec not Canada. Like a territorial draft. In fact I thought Lafluer was the last draft they had that. Now I have more disdain for them.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]Let me rephrase: They would have people move from non-Quebec provinces, establish residency, etc, just to make sure they had who they wanted under the first dib process. The point is, there was no entry draft and the Canadiens basically controlled the talent coming out the junior level leagues, etc.  Montreal and to some degree Toronto, were able to manipulate the talent pool. They fought tooth and nail, similarly to how the Yankees know a salary cap would destroy a huge advantage of theirs.

+1

I never knew that. Pretty interesting stuff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The problem with the Jets is they went all in on Sanchez and their free agents. It's Super Bowl or bust for them and it is looking more like bust every day. Their window to win will be open for about another two or three years, after that they have to rely on their drafts (notoriously bad: Gholston, Robertson, Wilson et al) to garner players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Colts, Steelers, Miami, Cowboys, Raiders, Ravens.....ah, h3ll.......all the other teams!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with the Jets is they went all in on Sanchez and their free agents. It's Super Bowl or bust for them and it is looking more like bust every day. Their window to win will be open for about another two or three years, after that they have to rely on their drafts (notoriously bad: Gholston, Robertson, Wilson et al) to garner players.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

The Jets haven't won anything...they're just not good enough to hate. Now, they have certain players, like Cromartie, Tomlinson, and Bart Scott that are extremely hate-able. But, that's it. 

As for Rex, I have a good deal of respect for him. He puts himself on the line, defends his players...and is a damn good coach.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

Haha for the longest time, my password was "f*ckthejets"..

Sections
Shortcuts