Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge.

1st Round 
    Trade #22 (Dede Thomas) to DEN for #24 and #113
    Trade #24 (Dez B.) and # 119 to DAL for #27 and #90

2nd Round
    Trade #44 and #190 to OAK for #42 (Gronk)
    Trade #47 to ARI for #58 and #89
    Trade #58 to HOU for #62 and #150

3rd Round
    Trade #89 for CAR 2011 2nd rounder

Late rounds
    Trade #229 and #231 for #208

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge.

I loved it. The Patriots moved down, gained picks and still got the guys they wanted. They had the flexibility to move up a couple times. I think they drafted good, quality players and even ended up with a 2nd rounder for next year. It was a very good draft in my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Having 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders in a potentially capped 2011 rookie salary draft is *HUGE*.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Exactly, by moving down Pats manufactured two 3rd round picks, one which became a 2 next year. BB took the BAP in the first and had basically filled the major needs by the end of the third round...........clinic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

not a propblem for me. BB picked three guys i had on my mock. Gronk, Hernandez and Zoltan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge.:
    Exactly, by moving down Pats manufactured two 3rd round picks, one which became a 2 next year. BB took the BAP in the first and had basically filled the major needs by the end of the third round...........clinic!
    Posted by teegee

i guess we can say he's a master of manufacturing additional picks.  i am still not sure that he got the best players available to meet the team's needs. cb was fine. te was one too many. cunningham will have no impact. ot's are also likely to have no impact. bb gets the good ones in the early rounds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge. : i guess we can say he's a master of manufacturing additional picks.  i am still not sure that he got the best players available to meet the team's needs. cb was fine. te was one too many. cunningham will have no impact. ot's are also likely to have no impact. bb gets the good ones in the early rounds.
    Posted by seattlepat70

i'm glad about the depth we have a TE now. no holes there anymore

next year: 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders already. BB still has some wheeling and dealing to do. there are some veterans that are gonna be traded for draft picks 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge. : i guess we can say he's a master of manufacturing additional picks.  i am still not sure that he got the best players available to meet the team's needs. cb was fine. te was one too many. cunningham will have no impact. ot's are also likely to have no impact. bb gets the good ones in the early rounds.
    Posted by seattlepat70

How do you Cunningham will have no impact?  are u stupid? ignorant? troll? madden generation?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge. : How do you Cunningham will have no impact?  are u stupid? ignorant? troll? madden generation?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

no, i am not stupid or ignorant. and i am definitely not a troll. i actually do my own eye test with every video i can get my hands on. and i don't even play video games.

here you go. watch this and tell me what you see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_8v-VgeZQ

i see that he makes blockers look good. or maybe another way to say it is that he's as effective as adt when adt wasn't trying.

unless bb spends a lot of time teaching him individual technique, that's wat he's capable of against blockers in this video. against nfl blockers, he'd have not impact.

unfortunately, with bb taking on dc and head coaching responsibilities, he probably won't have time to hand hold this kid. and i don't want bb to hand hold this kid. i want him to focus on watching videos of other teams, and planning and scheming. and if he teaches olb's, i'd like him to spend his time on the starters.

now, how's that for getting my point across without resorting to any cheap shots or name-calling.

you know what? your comments were just too bad. you did not even check out the history of my comments before asking me if i was a troll. you are a regular here and i always thought that you were a decent contributor here. that's changed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I like that we got 12 drafted players last year, all still with the team. We have 12 drafted players this year. Then next year, we have 9 picks currently with the team and then likely two compensatory picks in the 5th round (possibly, yet unlikely, one moving into the 4th).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

In Response to Re: Complete list of draft day moves, you be the judge. : no, i am not stupid or ignorant. and i am definitely not a troll. i actually do my own eye test with every video i can get my hands on. and i don't even play video games. here you go. watch this and tell me what you see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_8v-VgeZQ i see that he makes blockers look good. or maybe another way to say it is that he's as effective as adt when adt wasn't trying. unless bb spends a lot of time teaching him individual technique, that's wat he's capable of against blockers in this video. against nfl blockers, he'd have not impact. unfortunately, with bb taking on dc and head coaching responsibilities, he probably won't have time to hand hold this kid. and i don't want bb to hand hold this kid. i want him to focus on watching videos of other teams, and planning and scheming. and if he teaches olb's, i'd like him to spend his time on the starters. now, how's that for getting my point across without resorting to any cheap shots or name-calling. you know what? your comments were just too bad. you did not even check out the history of my comments before asking me if i was a troll. you are a regular here and i always thought that you were a decent contributor here. that's changed.
    Posted by seattlepat70

First of all, that is one game in his career... how can judge that hes gonna make no impact based on watching highlights of 1 GAME??
    And on your point about teaching him the techniques... I'd like to think that teaching techniques is one of the strengths of the patriots. Bill has a good staff in place to do all that, that is how they can find lots of OL deep in drafts and teach them good techniques to make them better. I think that is what they go into drafts thinking... Looking for players who are raw but have the skills and  because they are raw, they tend to be ranked very low, and the pats can grab them and teach them how to really play... Bill really loves the linebacker position... im sure he can teach someone, the real question is... Are these players willing to learn and put in the effort..? Mccourty sure sounds like he is from what i heard on the radio..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

coolguy, i am not only person on this board who was praying for a strong pass rusher who could immediately make an impact as a starter. people were practically screaming for graham, hughes, kindle, etc - for good reason. the pass rush last season looked really bad against any decent team (not even the elite ones). for example, henne looked really good against ne's defense on that last game.

that video tells me that cunningham will not be that starter. you yourself are saying he's raw. other folks in these boards have mentioned the word developmental. i think a lot of people are agreeing. so, are we saying that he's developmental on one hand, and a starter on the other? that does not make sense. and please note, that i actually said "unless bb spends a lot of time with him".

as to your point about ne having a history of teaching well. i would agree that they demonstrated this compeence from 2000-2005, maybe even 2006. however, since crennel and weis left, there has been a lot of turnover on the coaching staff. i am sure it does not help instruction of players at all. haven't you noticed that their execution is just not as well-oiled as 4-5 years ago? now add to that bb's announcement that they're going to have a leaner staff this year.