concern about the young players.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

concern about the young players.

I have a concern about the young players on the team.  It seems they are having a tuogh time staying healthy.  Ras I missed most of training camp.  Cunningham, spikes, tate, price, Tarpanian, Vareen, ridley, Vollmer, Brace, Deadrick,etc are still missing in action or have been cut becouse they could not stay on the field.  Is this a trend or just a bad year?  Brace and Deadreck have not even made the field this year and will be out half the year at least.  I would think young players should rebound from injury quicker than 10 year veterans.  These players should be the future and so far the only thing they are capable of is occupying the hot tubs.  Time to get out there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: concern about the young players.

Not worried, what you see as an issue I see as depth.  Most of the young guys you have mentioned have established vets in front of them and nearly all have shown in flashes that they can play when they see the field.  I think "health" is sometimes overstated, "injuries" are a way to stash guys on the roster.  Ras-I played well Monday. Cunningham has potential based on what we saw last year, his injuries are legit according to Reiss. Spikes is in the doghouse somewhat and should be foaming at the mouth to play, but you glanced over the fact that Dane Fletcher looks better every time he sees the field. Price showed he can play and is good WR depth. Vereen and Ridley looked good in preseason, but do they deserve carries over BJGE and Woodhead?  Vollmer is a great RT and has been for 3 years.  And Brace and Deaderick both had legit injury issues and were put on the PUP list.  Call them insurance against injuries, etc., and both have shown something when they played. 

Call me a glass half full guy, but this team is good without all the players you mention.  That they're there waiting in the wings if needed is excellent depth. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: concern about the young players.

I have to agree with CWB. They might not seem healthy but most younger players get dinged up with minor injures. The difference is on most team there isn't enough depth so the younger players are forced to play through injures. On the Pats, we have such great depth that it's better to keep them out until they are 100%.

A great example is this past weekend. Koppen goes down and Connolly fills right in. Everyone and their mother keeps on saying that the Pats don't have the depth at OL and are thin. Well a starter went down another person took the spot without missing a beat, Wendell becomes the primary backup and if Vollmer isn't ready to go they bring back Welch as a backup at T. Imagine what would happen if Mangold went down on the Jets. They'd be scrambling today to find a replacement. They'd be in full panic mode.

* btw we can't used b @ nged, really?

4. This post has been removed.