Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft?

Perhaps they weren't the marrying type? Or maybe you should ask Bob Kraft's daughters what they think of the 2011 pass rushing draft?

Former University of Colorado offensive line coach Denver Johnson" 

“He’s just the greatest kid on earth. He is truly a special young man,” Johnson said of Solder. “He’s highly intelligent. He’s humble, very unassuming, with very diverse interests. He’s the kind of guy you hope your daughter brings home to meet you some day.”

Cavaliers Defensive Coordinator Jim Reid:

“As a father and a dad, this is who you get down on your knees and pray that your daughter brings home some day. That is the type of character that he is. You would be so proud to call Ras-I Dowling your son.”

Cal associate head coach/running game coordinator Ron Gould:

"When you talk about Shane's character, he's the type of guy that if you had a daughter, you'd want him to marry her." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

Re: Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft?

Yes, the fathers will be very happy.  Especially after their SILs sign their rookie contracts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

Nice

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't think Kraft has daughters, but this is interesting nonetheless.

I actually think the comments support the idea of drafting an OLB.

I want an OLB with a mean streak, maybe someone who was turned down for a prom date.  This should have come up in the vetting process.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I really wasn't confused about the Pats not getting an OLB in THIS draft...is it a need, yeah for sure but with the lock-out in place & maybe little or no preseason to get a guy brought up to speed in a VERY complicated scheme, the Pats went offense wich has a much smaller learning curve at the positions taken...& the D guys they took can basically red shirt this year without hurting us much....(all this based on minimal preseason).....I'm guessing Bill will look for a vet to get in FA  or make a trade for someone that fits his ideals....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Wilkerson must be the kind of guy Rex Ryan would like to introduce to his wife...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft?:
    [QUOTE]Wilkerson must be the kind of guy Rex Ryan would like to introduce to his wife...
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Zing. Big feet and he's fat like Rexy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

He was drafted for the two gap, but has three gap versatility.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]He was drafted for the two gap, but has three gap versatility.

PLEASE!!! Dont let Wes Welker get started on this...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Kraft has daughters, but this is interesting nonetheless. I actually think the comments support the idea of drafting an OLB. I want an OLB with a mean streak, maybe someone who was turned down for a prom date.  This should have come up in the vetting process.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Actually he does. his name is Jonathan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]He was drafted for the two gap, but has three gap versatility.

Aha! That's clever but gross.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft?:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps they weren't the marrying type? Or maybe you should ask Bob Kraft's daughters what they think of the 2011 pass rushing draft? Former University of Colorado offensive line coach Denver Johnson"  “He’s just the greatest kid on earth. He is truly a special young man,” Johnson said of Solder. “He’s highly intelligent. He’s humble, very unassuming, with very diverse interests. He’s the kind of guy you hope your daughter brings home to meet you some day.”  Cavaliers Defensive Coordinator Jim Reid: “As a father and a dad, this is who you get down on your knees and pray that your daughter brings home some day. That is the type of character that he is. You would be so proud to call Ras-I Dowling your son.” http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1335357&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull Cal associate head coach/running game coordinator Ron Gould:   "When you talk about Shane's character, he's the type of guy that if you had a daughter, you'd want him to marry her."  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4695868/learning-more-about-shane-vereen
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Funny. Looks like we got some high character kids. I like it.

However, are you telling me that none of the OLB's and DE's in this past draft are marriage worthy? Surely you'd give them a first date at least?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft? : Funny. Looks like we got some high character kids. I like it. However, are you telling me that none of the OLB's and DE's in this past draft are marriage worthy? Surely you'd give them a first date at least?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Haha. None of their coaches have called me to talk them up as suitors for my non-existent daughter, so I don't know. 

But yeah, I think beyond the comedy here -- I mean I have been a draftnik for 16 years and never heard this many coaches mention marriage-suitability as a credential -- you bring up the real point: these are stand up kids BB was looking for. Team captains and good potential husbands, lol. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps they weren't the marrying type? Or maybe you should ask Bob Kraft's daughters what they think of the 2011 pass rushing draft? Former University of Colorado offensive line coach Denver Johnson"  “He’s just the greatest kid on earth. He is truly a special young man,” Johnson said of Solder. “He’s highly intelligent. He’s humble, very unassuming, with very diverse interests. He’s the kind of guy you hope your daughter brings home to meet you some day.”  Cavaliers Defensive Coordinator Jim Reid: “As a father and a dad, this is who you get down on your knees and pray that your daughter brings home some day. That is the type of character that he is. You would be so proud to call Ras-I Dowling your son.” http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1335357&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull Cal associate head coach/running game coordinator Ron Gould:   "When you talk about Shane's character, he's the type of guy that if you had a daughter, you'd want him to marry her."  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4695868/learning-more-about-shane-vereen

not confused. just disappointed....lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confused about no OLBs being taken in the draft? : Actually he does. his name is Jonathan.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

OOOOHHHH!! You're baaadddddd!!! Laughing

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

very amusing!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Kraft has daughters, but this is interesting nonetheless. I actually think the comments support the idea of drafting an OLB. I want an OLB with a mean streak, maybe someone who was turned down for a prom date.  This should have come up in the vetting process.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

hilarious!

but i imagine one can be violent on the field(i was) and not a jerk off of it.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts