Congrats Jets! 14 games to be eliminated from playoffs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Congrats Jets! 14 games to be eliminated from playoffs!

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"You know we are both finished , right?"

[/QUOTE]

This is the wretched picture of the Jets franchise. I have been following them since I was old enough to watch football and that dates prior to SB III. I have never seen a team make so many mistakes two years running. This has been a clusterfk from day 1.

Tebow had no business being on this team (ownership). Tony S. had no business being hired (he is terrible). Mike Tannenbaum secured zero players in the skill positions to help Sanchez. And Ryan waffled his way through when he lost Sanchez to the Land of Oz mid season. The kid was never going to recover.

They should finish the seaosn with McElroy, bench Tebow to 3rd string and tell Sanchize to start figuring it out otherwise head to the David Carr recycle bin.

I will always root for the Jets, but these last two seasons have been as big a disappointment as I have ever had in football. 

[/QUOTE]

Jesseyeric

Thanks for demonstrating that there might be some rational Jet Fans out there.  I remember the Rod Rust Patriot Days of 1 and 15 and even 20 years before that when the Pats were the doormat of the NFL.  So I think I know how you might feel.

OTOH, it's too bad that there are Jet Fans like Leon aka, Hess, aka Jets who are equal to just how bad your team is right now.  

Anyhow, thanks for showing some class.  

[/QUOTE]

I love football and I had really high expectations going into last season and even though they stumbled, I continued to have high hopes this year. Do you know how frustrating it is to not be able to watch the game you love and root forr the team you love because they play such an ugly brand of football? It is a horror.

Never let trolls bother you - they have no life. Talk football and have some good natured trash talking, but being a knucklehead makes no sense.

Enjoy the rest of your season.

[/QUOTE]

jessey, it starts with ownership. They need to bring in a Polian type to run the football side of the organization to develop a cohesive plan for not just next year or one year but for the long haul.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...  Polian can come in teach jets how to tank a season to get franchise changing player.

actually as much as I empathise with honest real fans like jersey , I still have no interest in seeing them improve.  Tough ...  We had losing years when Miami dominated...

Dude , adopt another team for a while.  Isn't that what NY fans do? Just tag- team between jets-jints? People here do.  Sux really, but NY has that advantage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the wretched picture of the Jets franchise. I have been following them since I was old enough to watch football and that dates prior to SB III. I have never seen a team make so many mistakes two years running. This has been a clusterfk from day 1.

Tebow had no business being on this team (ownership). Tony S. had no business being hired (he is terrible). Mike Tannenbaum secured zero players in the skill positions to help Sanchez. And Ryan waffled his way through when he lost Sanchez to the Land of Oz mid season. The kid was never going to recover.

They should finish the seaosn with McElroy, bench Tebow to 3rd string and tell Sanchize to start figuring it out otherwise head to the David Carr recycle bin.

I will always root for the Jets, but these last two seasons have been as big a disappointment as I have ever had in football. 

[/QUOTE]

Jesseyeric

Thanks for demonstrating that there might be some rational Jet Fans out there.  I remember the Rod Rust Patriot Days of 1 and 15 and even 20 years before that when the Pats were the doormat of the NFL.  So I think I know how you might feel.

OTOH, it's too bad that there are Jet Fans like Leon aka, Hess, aka Jets who are equal to just how bad your team is right now.  

[/QUOTE]

I love football and I had really high expectations going into last season and even though they stumbled, I continued to have high hopes this year. Do you know how frustrating it is to not be able to watch the game you love and root forr the team you love because they play such an ugly brand of football? It is a horror.

Never let trolls bother you - they have no life. Talk football and have some good natured trash talking, but being a knucklehead makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

jessey, it starts with ownership. They need to bring in a Polian type to run the football side of the organization to develop a cohesive plan for not just next year or one year but for the long haul.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...  Polian can come in teach jets how to tank a season to get franchise changing player.

actually as much as I empathise with honest real fans like jersey , I still have no interest in seeing them improve.  Tough ...  We had losing years when Miami dominated...

Dude , adopt another team for a while.  Isn't that what NY fans do? Just tag- team between jets-jints? People here do.  Sux really, but NY has that advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Never tag team but I rarely if ever will root against a NY team. It is still a hometown rooting interest. If the Giants happen to beat a Jet division rival in a game, then go Giants. Otherwise I stay rather neutral, but never root against them unless they are playing the Jets.

My sports loyalties go hand in hand with the City I was born, raised and reside in. However, I will never root for the Bills, even if they are in NYS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The whole problem with the Jet's and Sanchez is that stupid extension and guarantee they gave him. They take too big a hit by cutting him. Since it is doubtful he can be traded, they have no choice but to bring in a QB to challenge for the spot. Either he wins it back in preseason or he is 2nd unit until the day comes when they can send him on his merry way. I am not a fan of Sanchez, but it would be silly to throw money away. This is a bad contract, but not as bad as the A-rod one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

The whole problem with the Jet's and Sanchez is that stupid extension and guarantee they gave him. They take too big a hit by cutting him. Since it is doubtful he can be traded, they have no choice but to bring in a QB to challenge for the spot. Either he wins it back in preseason or he is 2nd unit until the day comes when they can send him on his merry way. I am not a fan of Sanchez, but it would be silly to throw money away. This is a bad contract, but not as bad as the A-rod one.

[/QUOTE]

Really bad move extending him, thanks for being reasonable here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Picture of Sancheeez with the Phat Rex Cup !!

Isolated cartoon Footballer character holding a trophy Stock Photo - 9801589

Hetch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jesseyeric

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never tag team but I rarely if ever will root against a NY team. It is still a hometown rooting interest. If the Giants happen to beat a Jet division rival in a game, then go Giants. Otherwise I stay rather neutral, but never root against them unless they are playing the Jets.

My sports loyalties go hand in hand with the City I was born, raised and reside in. However, I will never root for the Bills, even if they are in NYS.

[/QUOTE]

Another problem is lack of NHL... Not sure if you like hockey but I always felt like NHL hockey was a great counterbalance to football.  they play 2-3 times a week, and the flow of the game is better without the brutal commercials after every possession change, etc. Bruins have been great last few years , but now nothing.  Without the NHL I think I get too obsessed with the NFL...

Bottom line is it help to have other teams to lean on when times het tough.