Congrats Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Congrats Jets

Oh, no, stay.  We have been taking relentless heat, not all your fault, but many many people just here to rank on you for your over the top b1t¢hy posts.  Stay, by all means, and hear your audience.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

thanks rusty.  you still have a great coach and great qb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats Jets:
    [QUOTE]Oh, no, stay.  We have been taking relentless heat, not all your fault, but many many people just here to rank on you for your over the top b1t¢hy posts.  Stay, by all means, and hear your audience.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

"B-tchy" posts?

Because I enjoy what I see as a fan on a Pats board that means I am "b-tchy"? I don't like trolls.  If that makes my comments "b-tchy", then so be it.

Any fan of another team spending his much time here needs some psychological help.  That's pretty evident.

Your comment, though, makes little sense. This is a good example of why I'll be leaving until the draft talk heats up.

There is no point discussing anthing rationally here with people using this board for everything but discussion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Congrats Jets:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to stop in and say congrats to the Jets on a good road win.  Obviously, I am not happy with Bill O'Brien, as he was the only fear I had going into to this thing, but NY played well and did what they had to do.  Too many lost chances and too many gifts by NE. Brady's decision on the INT was terrible and the Crumpler TD drop gave NY the confidence they needed.    Good job to take advantage. I know there are Jets trolls obsessed and still here, so I figured I'd eat the crow and move on. See everyone else around draft time.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]..thanks Russ. I agree with WeDerr about your coach and QB and the upcoming draft is a Pats fan dream. As usual the game was a nail-biter (except for the December pasting) but this time it worked for my team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I am sure Phat Rex will miss disproving your homer views with facts but it is your choice.  Personally, I dont think you stay away for a day, I would take the under on that : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes.  Good job and congrats.  Look, if one team makes more plays and executes better, they deserve to win.  NY did that and played a good, clean road game to win it.

I have always said that and I;ve always said how tough it is to win consistently at a high level in this league. 

Side note:

And this is not an excuse at all, but just a gut feeling: NEs BYE week may have backfired considering they have some younger players. Having them sit around for an extra week after being on a role and just playing, may have done more harm than good.

Not saying that helped the Jets or anything, but NE clearly didn't play how they had been playing for the last 4-6 weeks.

And yes, I'll stay away for more than a day.  I now turn to the B's eventual let down in the Spring and the Sox start. Celts on the backburner until May.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

What do you think about Bill electing Chung as an assistant coach,?  I mean he wont even give O'bie the title after 2 years, but he gives Chung the authority to call a fake punt on his own, and we havent called one all year?  I thought that was the game-changer right there..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]Yes.  Good job and congrats.  Look, if one team makes more plays and executes better, they deserve to win.  NY did that and played a good, clean road game to win it. I have always said that and I;ve always said how tough it is to win consistently at a high level in this league.  Side note: And this is not an excuse at all, but just a gut feeling: NEs BYE week may have backfired considering they have some younger players. Having them sit around for an extra week after being on a role and just playing, may have done more harm than good. Not saying that helped the Jets or anything, but NE clearly didn't play how they had been playing for the last 4-6 weeks. And yes, I'll stay away for more than a day.  I now turn to the B's eventual let down in the Spring and the Sox start. Celts on the backburner until May.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]....the younger players may have had too much time to "think" about the game and therefore psyched themselves out. The roll they were on was just scary. The initial drives made me think "another blowout" but the INT and drop just changed the entire complexion of both teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Take care, Rusty.

As I've said in other threads, in my view, the Jets outplayed the Pats in every phase of the game.  The Jets coaching staff crafted an excellent game plan and the players executed it.  The Jets played mistake free football; the Pats did not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't like the call, but I don't have an issue entrusting your player in that role to have that power either. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure Phat Rex will miss disproving your homer views with facts but it is your choice.  Personally, I dont think you stay away for a day, I would take the under on that : )
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]
    Hate to admit, but Rex did a good job this year. Jets were basically #2 team in AFC east with Pats frequently rolling over them. Fat man has created a good team with attitude. It's time for me to look forward to the draft! That's one place were we have lot more wiggle room than any other team in the business :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ok, I disagree,  I dont mind if he has the ability to say if its there, than take it, but I would like the initial call to go for it to come from BIll.  You are talking about a 2nd year safety with no coaching exp, and is 22 years old.  He should not be deciding when to call a fake punt, esp. with the high emotions of this game...but oh well, dont matter now... I just wonder why they waited till the most important game of the season to not show up, but put so much effort into blowing out teams in the reg, season, very frustrating....I think BIll is overthinking in these big games.  Last 3 Playoff games have been very poorly coached, IMO..   Just dissapointing that they didnt expect zone, when they did it last week to Peyton..   I think Bill fell into the trap of taking this personal by listening to Rex, and I also believe that not just rest, but over analyzing things and being uptight cuz you dont want to make a mistake instead of being loose also hurt us...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I actually look at it the other way.  He has the confidence in Chung to give him that power, apparently. I do agree maybe there is a need to clarify his power for that call to make sure he does not call a fake.

Even still, though.

Let's be honest here:

Down 14-3 at half with the ball out of the locker room is still a ballgame.

This game was lost mostly by O'Brien, and subsequently the O Line. 2009 flash backs where the O Line looks awful (when it's not) because of a shotgun/spread one dimensional approach due to lack of personnel (to be fair).  Brady;s INT was bad, but the missed FG was obviously of no damage.

Funny how one week trolls say "Brady is good because of his O Line".

And now, the O Line is horrendous due to O'Brien's inability to adapt in a game, commit to the run and be outcoached in-game, and now everyone wants to complain about the O Line again.

How they lost in this game is exactly how they lost SB 42 and about 4 games last year when they'd go 3 and out over and over and over in a shotgun/spread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What's there to call me out for anyway? I was dead on about Bill O'Brien being a question mark.

Go back and look at my "only fear in the playoffs" thread and I had him #1.

Sorry, but the greatness of Brady and the rise of the D covered up the penchant for O'Brien's mid game brain f-rts earlier in the year.  He can only call the plays that are called in, and audible if he sees an advantage, just like every other QB in this league.

What I want is a legit Off Coordinator that believes in using personnel to dictate.

The D was the best D in the league through December, and I find it highlarious that some will pretend the D lost this game.

We saw what happens when you give a team short fields or go 3 and out over and over and over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

"I don't like the call, but I don't have an issue entrusting your player in that role to have that power either"...

my only thought on this is if you are gonna entrust chung with that responsibility then share in taking the heat when it fails. back your young player up, admit that you gave him the authority to make that call.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Jets : "B-tchy" posts? Because I enjoy what I see as a fan on a Pats board that means I am "b-tchy"? I don't like trolls.  If that makes my comments "b-tchy", then so be it. Any fan of another team spending his much time here needs some psychological help.  That's pretty evident. Your comment, though, makes little sense. This is a good example of why I'll be leaving until the draft talk heats up. There is no point discussing anthing rationally here with people using this board for everything but discussion.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and leave.  Everyone KNOWS the reason.  I don't like trolls either, and do what I can about them.  You tend to go over the top.  Even Patriots fans think so.  You won't be here because you can't handle it.  Fine, go and hide.  I'll be here.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Let's be honest here:

Down 14-3 at half with the ball out of the locker room is still a ballgame

You've always had a hard -on for O'bie, but I see an offense that should ahve scored on the 1st two drives, but an INT by Brady and a drop by Alge prevented that....O'bie can only call em he cant execute it too., and if 14-3 is still a ballgame, than you agree that the fake punt sealed our fate by making it 21-3 instead , no?

Anyways.,..you can look at it however you choose, i guess its all water under the bridge...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What is this reason?  I can't handle what?  We are supposed to waste time here  in Feb and March during an offseason talking about what exactly?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be honest here: Down 14-3 at half with the ball out of the locker room is still a ballgame You've always had a hard -on for O'bie, but I see an offense that should ahve scored on the 1st two drives, but an INT by Brady and a drop by Alge prevented that....O'bie can only call em he cant execute it too., and if 14-3 is still a ballgame, than you agree that the fake punt sealed our fate by making it 21-3 instead , no? Anyways.,..you can look at it however you choose, i guess its all water under the bridge...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You are missing my point.  We can disagree on the cute playcalls on the opening drive.  Brady threw the pass, yes. So, in the end, it's clearly his fault.

Fair enough.

But, why did O'Brien immediatley ignore the run and start using a shotgun when BJGE and Woodhead were getting 5 YPC on the ground?

Since when do teams stifle Crumpler and Gronk in motion on the edges?

I'd have to go back and look but I saw very little of that past the 1st quarter. It's not like the game was out of hand  or anything.  NE just kept giving NY opps to make plays on both sides of the ball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well you shouldve loved the 4th quarter when they ran the ball so much....lol, we just got shafted by the whole coaching staff....I think the players were scared to death to make a mistake, and were tight...that falls on B.B. and when the Jets talk as much as they did, you ride with Wes! , you dont sit em down, and make him an example, cuz the players may not be as united as they would have... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

By then,  it was too late and PREDICTABLE.  It's also like saying NE "controlled the clock" because they had the ball for 7 more minutes. Totally misleading stat if there ever was one.  NE couldn't sustain drives because people like Gronkowski, Hernandez and Crumpler were not used how they had been used when the offense was rolling.   

Also, Welker sitting out a series is so overrated by the media and fans.   BB doesn't like players mouthing off and even though that was a creative way to throw it back in NY's face, that is the policy.

Funny how people want to complain about BB's coaching only when convenient.

NY was hungrier and made more plays. That's on the players, not BB. If you aren't hungry as a #1 seed at home after resting for a week, you have a problem.

How can anyone have liked the playcalling and lack or urgency? Why does he wait so long to use a no huddle when it works like a dream?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts