Congrats Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Congrats Jets.

Sanchez's career QB rating is 66 games less than  40 degrees. He finally did something. Nice going.  So, I was right until this game.  I don't expect him to do that again, though. I am glad you do.  lol

LT is 32 years old and washed up. He's done nothing the last portion of the season and caught a TD on a swing pass. Wow!

He's unstoppable!

Only you would think this isn't a coach/QB driven league. 99.9% of fans and analysts know this, except you. What a shock!  Phat Rex as deluded as usual.

What kind of a league is it? A long snapper's league?

How is keeping McKnight better than keeping Woodhead?  How laughable is that? YOu expect any NFL fan to make that conclusion based on the facts?

Why wasn't Gholston playing?  Was I wrong there? Do you think they finally admit he's the biggest bust since RYan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell or do you think they'll bury him on the roster in 2011? lol

And D'Bustashaw is overpaid. Fact.

Keep babbling, because you will look awfully dumb of a divisional playoff win is this year's highlight for you.

I am looking well past 2010.   This is your problem. You are willing to roll the dice for one season to sell PSLs.

As Pats fans, the future is awful bright. For NY? Not so much.  Good luck againt Pitt, though.

I am sure Pitt Post Gazette has a forum open for you this week.  Maybe you can get the attention you need over there. Maybe they'll pat you on the back and tell you are a knowledgable, good fan.

lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Congrats Jets

In Response to Re: Congrats Jets:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Jets : Beacuse the patsies are not a running team.  The Jets took their strength away and gave them those runs, knowing that if it was run vs run, the Jets win.  The patsies cannot win low scoring tight games.  Like their fans, they are front runners.  Unless they are ahead by 14, they don't know what to do.  The reaity is, it wasn't even as close as the score indicated.  The Jets did not take full advantage of their opportunities. Then, out of some sort of pity, let up at the end.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Pats fans are "front runners" and your team has played in a rented stadium for its entire history.

Gee, that makes sense.

As long as you admit NE gave NY plenty of chances to win that game, we can end this thread.

You fans are funny. I know this is VERY new territory for you, just like last year was, but the word "class" has never, ever entered the vocabulary of Jets fan.

"Pats cannot win low scoring games".  You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

Good thing you eeked by Houston, Detroit and Cleveland.

Listen to yourself acting like the Jets are supremely better. Just embarrassing.  Your team was better on that one day and you act like you have a dynasty in the making.

Did you ever explain why you disappeared after December 6?  Just who is the "front runner"?

Hmmm?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]By then,  it was too late and PREDICTABLE.  It's also like saying NE "controlled the clock" because they had the ball for 7 more minutes. Totally misleading stat if there ever was one.  NE couldn't sustain drives because people like Gronkowski, Hernandez and Crumpler were not used how they had been used when the offense was rolling.    Also, Welker sitting out a series is so overrated by the media and fans.   BB doesn't like players mouthing off and even though that was a creative way to throw it back in NY's face, that is the policy. Funny how people want to complain about BB's coaching only when convenient. NY was hungrier and made more plays. That's on the players, not BB. If you aren't hungry as a #1 seed at home after resting for a week, you have a problem. How can anyone have liked the playcalling and lack or urgency? Why does he wait so long to use a no huddle when it works like a dream?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

You should be complimented for your initial classy posts, and if they deteriorated afterwards, I'm aware it was in reaction to other posters not responding in kind. Regarding the game (which wasn't over until after the 2nd onside kick), I have one question that I'm curious about your opinion on; Do you think Chung acted on his own?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Jets :  I know this is VERY new territory for you, just like last year was, but the word "class" has never, ever entered the vocabulary of Jets fan. Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

if it is very new territory, how can it be just like last year was? just saying

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, I think Chung has that green light, but in that case, he should have been called off from having it/it's quite possible BB never would have even thought Chung would use it there.  I am sure there are parameters they have in place for that.

It's similar to the Jets punter having carte blance on a play earlier this year.  I am sure every team sets it up a certain way.

Chung did mention he "saw a formation", so that implies he has carte blanche.  Hindsight is 20/20. If he catches the ball, he probably gets the first down.

That was a poor decision and even worse execution, but that had nothing to do with why they lost.

I blame the offense more so than the Special Teams or Defense.

They made more mistakes than they usually do and that's part of the reason why they lost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Jets : if it is very new territory, how can it be just like last year was? just saying
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Oh come on.  Your team has squeaked into the playoffs, what 3 times in the last 10 years?

Have you ever had a #1 seed? What seed was 1997s team's seed? How many SBs has your organization been in or even better how many players on the Jets have been in a SB?

You know what I mean.  The Jets are well known as chokers and are one of the least successful organizations in NFL history.

YOu haven't been there before as a fan.   PLease stop.  Your fanbase is always second in line behind the Giants and have been torched by NE the last 10 years.

NY beating NE at home is a huge deal (please don't lie), so beating them in NE in the playoffs is even a bigger deal.

Yes, absolutely new territory.

It's 48 hours later and you are still show the inferiority complex looking for compliments.

If you lose on Sunday, you won't be anywhere to be seen.  That, we know. 

That was your SB. It will take a lot to avoid a letdown on Sunday. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I would say that seeding is less important than playing well but you know that first hand.  two years of 1 and done and here I am playing for the AFC Championship AGAIN.  Same old jets baby!!!!  Another post talks about a new pats dynasty forming, you may be witnessing a Jets one.  whats that saying once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is???? As for the giants, they have to find a head coach, I dont think that coughlin can win another.  Havent seen Jintsfan in a while.  Maybe he is wearing green like the rest of NY. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Seeding is irrelevant, but my point is, your back end seeds reflect back on how your teams have ever done, traditionally speaking.

When was the last home game? A wildcard game in 1985, right?  How'd that go?

You get the point. Don't play dumb.

It's meaningless now to even discuss the seeds, yes. But, this is new territory for Jets fans and it will not improve unless you win a SB.

You know it. And we know it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

I want to reply to this, as a long time Pats fan living through the good and the bad. Had expectations of going further into the playoffs, but remember this, the mistake free games that the Pats were playing the law of averages finally caught up. Granted if Crumpler had caught that TD pass and that silly lolly pop throw wasn't intercepted, the Pats normally would've been up 14-0 and on the way to another route. It wasn't meant to be. congrats to the Jets but the Steelers are waiting and would imagine getting more of a physical game out of the Steeler defense. Pitt may be thinking of a littel payback from the loss from week 15.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, I see the stupid people having a meeting.  I'll just leave.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

After thinking it over the last few days (I hardly slept at all Suday night), I have to admit it was no fluke. Yes, the ball just didn't bounce the Pats' way but when that happens its usually got to do with being outplayed.

The jets outplayed the pats Sunday and, more importantly, Fat Rex completely outcoached BB and made TB look like a practice squad QB. He's still a fat, loudmouthed, classless slob IMHO but he's also a damn good coach.

Let's move on the 2011 draft and look forward to our next year's meeting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Apparently I was bannished to bogey land. They should let you know when you are. Congrats Jets and their fans. big win. Well deserved. We were out played, out coached and once we lost momentum it was too much to over come. Maybe it was the time off or the in-experience.

regardless good win on the road. I hope your playoff run is injury free but I'm cheering on the Pack

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He was part of the reason.  Yes. Part of the reason. You get a bye week and a home game and you call a game like that?

Horrendous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

personally, I hope you have a great offseason killa.

Phil, thats part of the "fun" of being banned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Yes.  Good job and congrats.  Look, if one team makes more plays and executes better, they deserve to win.  NY did that and played a good, clean road game to win it. I have always said that and I;ve always said how tough it is to win consistently at a high level in this league.  Side note: And this is not an excuse at all, but just a gut feeling: NEs BYE week may have backfired considering they have some younger players. Having them sit around for an extra week after being on a role and just playing, may have done more harm than good. Not saying that helped the Jets or anything, but NE clearly didn't play how they had been playing for the last 4-6 weeks. And yes, I'll stay away for more than a day.  I now turn to the B's eventual let down in the Spring and the Sox start. Celts on the backburner until May.

I actually think you had it right at first - whether it was Bill Obrien, or even Mcdaniel before his ( SB) the Pats achilles heel has seemed to be the inability to make in-game offensive adjustments when things aren't going well - BB has to take some heat for this as well

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]I would say that seeding is less important than playing well but you know that first hand.  two years of 1 and done and here I am playing for the AFC Championship AGAIN.  Same old jets baby!!!!  Another post talks about a new pats dynasty forming, you may be witnessing a Jets one.  whats that saying once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is???? As for the giants, they have to find a head coach, I dont think that coughlin can win another.  Havent seen Jintsfan in a while.  Maybe he is wearing green like the rest of NY. 

You are playing personally? You are going to use that sock in your avatar? What number uniform are you going to wear?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]I would say that seeding is less important than playing well but you know that first hand.  two years of 1 and done and here I am playing for the AFC Championship AGAIN.  Same old jets baby!!!!  Another post talks about a new pats dynasty forming, you may be witnessing a Jets one.  whats that saying once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is???? As for the giants, they have to find a head coach, I dont think that coughlin can win another.  Havent seen Jintsfan in a while.  Maybe he is wearing green like the rest of NY. 

Its true- but don't worry, they will dump you and you will return to red-headed step-child status soon enough.  In NY Football, they don't have fans, they have crushes.  Doesn't last through the losing, which is why nobody except Fireman Ed is really a Jet fan.  And he is obviously a bit touched in the head.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Jets : I actually think you had it right at first - whether it was Bill Obrien, or even Mcdaniel before his ( SB) the Pats achilles heel has seemed to be the inability to make in-game offensive adjustments when things aren't going well - BB has to take some heat for this as well
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

That's fine.   But, if BB was an offensive coach, he wouldn't need a coordinator. He'd just call the plays. 

He didn't seem to happy with O'Brien in the second half. 

I don't really care who the blame goes to, I just know what I saw. Jets deserve credit for the gameplan and execution of it, too.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]Seeding is irrelevant, but my point is, your back end seeds reflect back on how your teams have ever done, traditionally speaking. When was the last home game? A wildcard game in 1985, right?  How'd that go? You get the point. Don't play dumb. It's meaningless now to even discuss the seeds, yes. But, this is new territory for Jets fans and it will not improve unless you win a SB. You know it. And we know it.

I disagree... You and I both know that everything changed with this last game.  You're right, Jets have been down for years but so were Pat's pre 2001. Guess what.. . It has all changed.  We will look back years from now and say that this game was the beginning of Jets run.... Sorry, even with all Pat's draft picks it won't matter.  The Jets are the favored destination for more players than any other team and we're young in all areas and only getting better...And, by the way, I was an observer of this and other boards all year until I became fed up with your posts.... Especially, the ones attacking Rex after those personal matters arose.  Who made you holier than thou?  Guess what, his team would do anything for him.  I doubt the Pat's would do likewise for the "lovable" BB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Jets : I disagree... You and I both know that everything changed with this last game.  You're right, Jets have been down for years but so were Pat's pre 2001. Guess what.. . It has all changed.  We will look back years from now and say that this game was the beginning of Jets run.... Sorry, even with all Pat's draft picks it won't matter.  The Jets are the favored destination for more players than any other team and we're young in all areas and only getting better...And, by the way, I was an observer of this and other boards all year until I became fed up with your posts.... Especially, the ones attacking Rex after those personal matters arose.  Who made you holier than thou?  Guess what, his team would do anything for him.  I doubt the Pat's would do likewise for the "lovable" BB
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

Your coach likes to watch guys give it to his wife.  When she's tied up.  Bet YOU like that too.  "Classy" Jets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Congrats Jets:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to stop in and say congrats to the Jets on a good road win.  Obviously, I am not happy with Bill O'Brien, as he was the only fear I had going into to this thing, but NY played well and did what they had to do.  Too many lost chances and too many gifts by NE. Brady's decision on the INT was terrible and the Crumpler TD drop gave NY the confidence they needed.    Good job to take advantage. I know there are Jets trolls obsessed and still here, so I figured I'd eat the crow and move on. See everyone else around draft time.

thank you for taking the lead on this. i got scarred from that, so i had to take a day off from the board.

congratulations to the jets. the pats definitely got outplayed and outcoached last sunday.

Sections
Shortcuts