Congrats to Matt Cassel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Congrats to Matt Cassel

I want to say this again Matt Cassel is a better QB then Phillip Rıvers ..... The guy is class on and off the field and deserves to be in the playoffs.
    All you nay sayers had a laugh at me when I said he was better then Rivers and guess what İ was right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Congrats to Matt Cassel

I don't know who's better right now but I must admit I was wrong about Cassel.  I didn't think he would ever be a great QB in the NFL even after the 08 season.  He held the ball too long and led the league in getting sacked with the same line that Brady had the year before that rarely gave up sacks.  I know it was his first year playing put Brady never had that problem coming in.  He reminded me of Bledsoe a little bit in that he seemed to freeze up sometimes.

Last year he once again was one of the most sacked QB's.  But he has turned it around this year and he is a legitimately great QB this year.  He appears to be a franchise QB, and there aren't many of those around.  I'm happy for him, and glad I was wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He really plugged the one hole in his game. He is a legit NFL QB now. KC is a dangerous team too, with the NFL's best running attack and a QB who can beat you if you sit on the run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

despite him wearing red and gold he will always be a patriot. congrats matt, its all paying off. you learned from the best. i'm sure coach bill and tom are simply proud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm happy for him.

As Bill Simmons pointed out, who would have thought that Matt Cassel would have a good chance to be the best QB from USC? What kind of odds could you have gotten on that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Funny how KC was smart to invest in a proven commodity while others dramatically reach for unknowns and pay them as much or more than what Cassel makes.

Pioli has quickly rebuilt that franchise almost overnight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

where is matt leinart now? backup! who was his back-up, another matt, cassel is his last name.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I'm very happy for Cassel. The guy deserves it no doubt, and I absolutely wish him the best in in the playoffs unless he plays the Patriots. Very classy player

That being, he is good, but he is NOT a better QB than Rivers 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Congrats to Matt Cassel:
    [QUOTE]I want to say this again Matt Cassel is a better QB then Phillip Rıvers ..... The guy is class on and off the field and deserves to be in the playoffs. All you nay sayers had a laugh at me when I said he was better then Rivers and guess what İ was right.
    Posted by hoyle[/QUOTE]

He learned from TB. Intersting how he rode the bench at USC and became a better QB than Plamer and Leinart. Cassells story is very similar to TB's. I think the fans in Kansas/Missouri are enjoying football again. I have to admit I've watched them all season and it looks like they blueprinted the Patriot Way. Probably helps when you have Pioloi, Crennel, and Weiss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Matt Cassel:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Congrats to Matt Cassel : He learned from TB. Intersting how he rode the bench at USC and became a better QB than Plamer and Leinart. Cassells story is very similar to TB's. I think the fans in Kansas/Missouri are enjoying football again. I have to admit I've watched them all season and it looks like they blueprinted the Patriot Way. Probably helps when you have Pioloi, Crennel, and Weiss.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Their home stadium is ROCKING.  Good thing they didn't get home-field advantage because it's right up there with Mile High as a tough place to visit.  I have crowd envy.

Good thing they're renovating and possibly adding a roof so they'll price out their real fans and ban cheering too hard so as not to upset their new club seat and corporate crowd like Gillette Stadium did :-/ (and yes, I'm bitter - when you've had j*rk*ffs who sit 5-10 rows behind you throw popcorn at you because you beckoned for people to stand up and cheer too much on 3rd downs while NOT swearing, you get upset).

Anyhow, congrats to Kansas City.  I hope we don't play them because they're tough to get excited about and they know us well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Cassel has done well and has flown way way under the radar this year. His numbers are MVP worthy more than Vick's are, yet you hear nothing about him. The Chiefs did well getting him for a second round pick and also getting a decent veteran linbacker that fits the system (but I won't bring all that up). Who would of thought...a franchise querter back and linebacker for a second round pick? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Cassel isn't the passer that Rivers is, but he plays smarter football when he has time in the pocket, something he didn't have much last year. He is definitely a guy that needs help around him, can't do it all on his own, but Weis seems to get the most out of his qb

Sections
Shortcuts