CONGRATS TO MOSS AND MERRIWEATHER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

CONGRATS TO MOSS AND MERRIWEATHER

Moss and Merriweather were both added to the Pro Bowl...........and both deserve to be there...........now go play like it damn it.........Beat  the Ravens to a pulp...............Pats 31 Ravens 17

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Re: CONGRATS TO MOSS AND MERRIWEATHER

Thats great... I'm assuming Moss in place of Welker.. who is Merriweather in for..

That being said, I hope neither one of them make it there.... hopefully, they are preparing for the following week.. ahh.. there I go again.. !!

Fingers crossed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Moss for Welker and Merriweather for Buffalo's Jarius Byrd.........ditto as well...........I hope none of them go cause they are in Miami...........for another Bowl................

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No. Meriweather was a sub for Troy Polamalu, who didn't deserve to be there anyway having only played five games this season. But that is fan voting.

He should have gone last season as well, and was snubbed for Chris Hope, who had an inferior season. 

Jarius Byrd deserves to go, even if he is just a dime/nickel guy, leading the NFL in picks playing part time is impressive nonetheless.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

It doesn't matter but if you read the article .......Bryd is hurt and pulled out. The NFL announced he is taking Byrds spot  as he is on IR............Go Pats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I didn't realize they had a pro bowl for safeties who can't tackle.

And one more thing ... bench Wilhite.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

First: 8/29/2009
    Last: 1/8/2010
    I didn't realize they had a pro bowl for safeties who can't tackle.

And one more thing ... bench Wilhite.

Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

"I didn't realize they had a pro bowl for safeties who can't tackle".

They don't. But they do have a pro-bowl for consensus all-pro safeties like Meriweather. He is going to that one. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Quite the season from Byrd. Mike Reiss predicted great things from Byrd in one of his pre-draft mailbags.

Those were the days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Miss Reiss being on this site

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I suppose it's an honor being picked for the Pro Bowl. I think it would be moreso if only players and coaches could vote. Make it a rule you couldn't vote anyone from your team. I think it would represent a lot better which players are truly the best and respected by their peers. But I'm with most of you here...I'm hoping they both snub the game because they're preparing for a game the following week! And Mighty, it's not that Merriweather can't tackle, because he can (and often runs down guys who've beat the first line of defense). The reason he misses the ones he does is because he takes chances. Much like Asante, he'll go for the ball if he's got help over the top. I'm hoping he'll progress like Samuel did...only re-sign with NE when his contract is due.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

But they do have a pro-bowl for consensus all-pro safeties like Meriweather.

Maybe we should start this "consensus" then, it can't tackle any worse than Maryweather. 

Bub - how exactly is Merriweather "gambling" when he runs into the RB at the line of scrimagge and bounces off of him?  Or when a receiver catches the ball 5 yards in front of him and he runs into the cornerback?

Bench Wilhite.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Maybe you should call Bill and offer your services for the postseason, since you are obviously a better player than Brandon! Name me  DB who hasn't missed any tackles! The kid is one of the up and coming safeties in the league. He's made some huge plays. And it seems to me that it's not only him "bouncing off RBs". I've seen quite a bit of that this season from the entire defense. But the kid can lay the wood in the secondary, and is improving at holding onto INTs. But I suppose some people just like to look at the negatives moreso than the positives!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

But I suppose some people just like to look at the negatives moreso than the positives!

So not true!  For example, I think Wilhite can bring lots of positives to this team ... from the bench.

Sections
Shortcuts