CONGRATS TO MR. WELKER FOR ANOTHER NEGOTIATING LEVERAGE RECORD!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CONGRATS TO MR. WELKER FOR ANOTHER NEGOTIATING LEVERAGE RECORD!

NOW TIED WITH COATES WITH A CATCH IN 63 STRAIGHT GAMES! thaqt says something. the man has been productive and prolific and looks even faster and quicker than before his injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: CONGRATS TO MR. WELKER FOR ANOTHER NEGOTIATING LEVERAGE RECORD!

I love Welker, but I think ultimately he's going to price himself right out of NE.  Especially with Eldelman waiting in the wings for his opportunity. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Of course there is Welker and Brady and then there is Welker and soemone else...
    Let me know how that works out......Not saying it won't given Pat dollars for receivers  but at thrity with one knee surgery and an undeniable chemistry with QB12,  I'd be surprised as to just how far he would wander....

Enjoy 'em while you got 'em I guess...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

He's never had a big payday.

No matter how much you love winning, if you have ONE opportunity at a big payday, you have to take it.  He'd be doing himself and his family a disservice to not take it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

He will get a big pay day - if we can pay Ocho all that money why can't we pay Wes Welker? It will be a heart breaker seing Welker on another team :-(

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Ocho's deal (3 yrs, $11.75 mil) is comparable to Welker's LAST deal (5 years, $18.1 mil).  Welker should be looking for at least double what Ocho got.  Greg Jennings' 4 year, $26.9 million dollar deal is probably a decent starting point.  That would put Wes right on the cusp of top 10 WR money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

He is top 10 and more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: CONGRATS TO MR. WELKER FOR ANOTHER NEGOTIATING LEVERAGE RECORD!:
    [QUOTE]I love Welker, but I think ultimately he's going to price himself right out of NE.  Especially with Eldelman waiting in the wings for his opportunity. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Julian Edelman doesn't really look like Ted Nugent, but that's who I think of when I look at him . . .   with all that 1974 hair.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Slot receivers don't make top 10 WR money and I highly doubt the pats will be the team to do it. I don't think there is a slot receiver that even makes 5 million a year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: CONGRATS TO MR. WELKER FOR ANOTHER NEGOTIATING LEVERAGE RECORD!:
    [QUOTE]Slot receivers don't make top 10 WR money and I highly doubt the pats will be the team to do it. I don't think there is a slot receiver that even makes 5 million a year.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Is there a slot receiver like Wes Welker?

No, there is not.  If Welker makes it to the open market, at least 5 teams will offer him more than $5 million a year.  Who cares how you label him?  He makes an offense go, and for that, he will get paid.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nah he isn't going to get a huge payday. he has been quoted saying that he thinks players get too much money, and he loves brady. he hasn't been very productive elsewhere (look what happened when branch left) and he wants a ringhe will get a 3 mil per year deal probably for 4 years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots will offer Wes a fair contract and he will accept it. Branch actually made less money (after restructuring with the Patriots) than he would have had he accepted the Pats original offer. Most NFL contracts are not guaranteed (though that is changing) so I think Wes would be wise to stick with Brady, Belichick and the Patriots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

- he has said, i've already made more money than i thought i'd make my entire life- this guy wants to stay here

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I love Welker, but I think ultimately he's going to price himself right out of NE.  Especially with Eldelman waiting in the wings for his opportunity. 
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]
    Sometimes being EXTREMELY happy with the circumstances you are enjoying will trump the greed aspect of this matter.  You are using a broad brush to paint all NFL players as greedy.  I see Welker going nowhere until Brady leaves and he will be paid a handsome sum to enjoy the rest of his life in comfort.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]nah he isn't going to get a huge payday. he has been quoted saying that he thinks players get too much money, and he loves brady. he hasn't been very productive elsewhere (look what happened when branch left) and he wants a ringhe will get a 3 mil per year deal probably for 4 years
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

nate youve got your finger on it. if his talk means anything, dude will have to be dragged from n.e.

keep up the good posts

Sections
Shortcuts