congrats to peyton and the broncos for beating the team with the first round pick in the 2013 draft!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

congrats to peyton and the broncos for beating the team with the first round pick in the 2013 draft!!

lets see what you can do when you meet a real team!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: congrats to peyton and the broncos for beating the team with the first round pick in the 2013 draft!!

Can only play the team on the schedule.  NE West is not that good.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

Re: congrats to peyton and the broncos for beating the team with the first round pick in the 2013 draft!!

Most teams have the first round pick in 2013.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

denver had 13 wins this season. the other 3 teams in their division (SD, Oakland, KC) had 13 wins combined... gee, i wonder why denver did so well this season.... vs teams with a record above .500 they are 2-3. 

and the afc easy? hell the whole afc? el crappola

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and the afc easy? hell the whole afc? el crappola

As compared to the "powerhouse NFC East"?

Those teams are like 4 inbred cousins. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

denver had 13 wins this season. the other 3 teams in their division (SD, Oakland, KC) had 13 wins combined... gee, i wonder why denver did so well this season.... vs teams with a record above .500 they are 2-3. 

I think this is splitting hairs.  NE was 3-3 vs. +.500 records and lost to a team with a losing record. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I think this is splitting hairs.  NE was 3-3 vs. +.500 records and lost to a team with a losing record. 

That team with the losing record was undefeated when we played them and I believe they won a couple more after us.  If I'm not mistaken a missed fg also played a little part.   There's hair splitting.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yep the Cards were 1-0.  that is splitting hairs. 

Look if you want to believe the pats are better, you have every right.  They may very well be, but I am not going to get deep in the weeds of analyzing it, because I really don't care all that much. 

I just thought part of Ricky's argument was thin.  Even with your follow up response, I still do. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

Pats fans being Pats fans....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I don't have issue with the broncos playing the cards but playing a team that was 2 and vs a team that was about to win 4 in a row isn't the same.  The cards also took down Seattle btw the week before. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

lets see what you can do when you meet a real team!!

Sorry, Gamer, but the Broncos did what the Pats couldn't..... beat an absolute doormat of a team (Chiefs), while the Pats lost to same dormat type at HOME, no less (Cardinals debacls in September).  The Broncos beat everyone they should have, and the Pats didn't. Now we'll have to see if the post-season hex in Denver continues. I hope and believe it can. But, with The Forehead throwing the ball and the issues we've had with out DB's........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Hmmmm.... seems to me that thyey beat everyone they HAD to. And the Pats? Believe they can't make the same claim to fame. Check out the AFC East...... Would hardly call it Murders Row, would you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Look if you want to believe the pats are better, you have every right.  They may very well be, but I am not going to get deep in the weeds of analyzing it, because I really don't care all that much. 

I just thought part of Ricky's argument was thin.  Even with your follow up response, I still do. 

The Patriots lost to the Cardinals on a missed FG. 

They lost to the Ravens on the road, and while they still had Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, etc... and let's not forget the Ravens were playing with emotion in that game... it was following the death of Torrey Smith's brother. Another thing to not forget is that Hernandez wasn't playing. 

They lost to Seattle in Washington. Given how that team has played all year, particularly at Quest Field, that's hardly surprising. 

Then they lost to a tough San Francisco team while missing Gronk. 

I think there's little doubt that the Patriots are more battle-tested and are the superior team. The Broncos had the weakest strength of schedule this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

As for records against winning teams....... IF the Pats are that good, I'm still waiting for an explaination on how the Pats have double digit 4th Qtr leads and blew games  vs Seattle and Baltimore. Then someone needs to explain how the all powerful and mighty Pats had to go to OT in first game vs JESTS!!!. Finally, I see there are STILL nom takers to successfully explain away the Cardinal debacle, when I said at the time, it would be THE game that would cost the Pats come the post season. Hate to do it, but I was right..... Unless you're an genius that feels that it doesn't matter where the Pats play the AFC Championship game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not a believer but the great thing is that this is the NFL not the BCS.  Public opinion don't mean jack, the Broncs will prove their worth in games if they are to get to the SB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:

The Patriots lost to the Cardinals on a missed FG. 

They lost to the Ravens on the road, and while they still had Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, etc... and let's not forget the Ravens were playing with emotion in that game... it was following the death of Torrey Smith's brother. Another thing to not forget is that Hernandez wasn't playing. 

They lost to Seattle in Washington. Given how that team has played all year, particularly at Quest Field, that's hardly surprising. 

Then they lost to a tough San Francisco team while missing Gronk. 

I think there's little doubt that the Patriots are more battle-tested and are the superior team. The Broncos had the weakest strength of schedule this season.

BZZZZZZZ!!!

You lose. They NEVER should have been in any situation to lose vs the Cardinals. No how, no way, never! That's embarrassing, missed FG or not. They were outplayed at home, for God's sake, while healthy. No excuses.

Ravens game? Nice try with your excuse. Fact is the Pats BLEW a double digit 4th Qtr lead (their first of several this season, BTW). The Ravens were the better team; you even admit it. It's a shame that they fell of due to their injuries. The emotion surrounding Smith? I guess that was a HUGE secret the Pats never heard about. Scored a couple of TD's too. Poor coaching by the Pats? Lousy pre-game prep? Would have been interesting to see what would have happened in any Round II in the playofs, if they met up.

Seattle? Another 4th Qtr "come from in front" effort, to a ROOKIE QB, no less. Don't care if they play this on Mars. Early in the season, rookie QB learning the ropes.....  It was just about as embarrassing as the Cardinals debacle. Last minute deep TD toss

The Niners? They did to the Pats what the Pats did to the Texans the game before, injuries or not. Funny how you're not claiming "pure luck" in games the Pats won (memory refresher: jags, Bills, Fins, Bills, etc). Can't believe you actually feel that injuries made the Pats lucky to have won those games. But, I see your logic. Lost due to injuries, win only via luck. Brilliant!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[/QUOTE]

That team with the losing record was undefeated when we played them and I believe they won a couple more after us.  If I'm not mistaken a missed fg also played a little part.   There's hair splitting.  

[/QUOTE]

That team had Kolb as their starting QB. The Pats had no business losing to them at home.

Now the Pats are staring at the prospect of facing PM in Mile High, with the refs iching to thow the flag for RTP/PI/IC/DH.

That's punishment the Pats deserve for losing that game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I guess it's easy enough now to look back on the Arizona game as "pivotal" to New England's fortunes, but the Pats' destiny was in their own hands as recently as three weeks ago and they played as if they were positively petrified by a Fran Sanchisco team that has blown hot and cold. I doubt very much that performance will have any relevance once the Pats resume play in round two (likely against a team they have recently crushed), but it's worth pointing out that Denver's last meaningful test -- if you discount battered Baltimore -- was not only several eons ago, but it was also against these very same Patriots . . .  and it was a test the Broncos failed spectacularly.

Now, it's true enough that the Denver home-field advantage is an actual home-field advantage (as a Foxboro home-field advantage is not), but if you're looking for indicators as to what may or may not happen in three weeks, I don't think we need to be looking at Kansas City or Arizona or San Luis Obispo or . . .  well . . .   you get the point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

There is, of course, the possibility the Pats won't play the Broncos.  Pats could host the AFCC game.  Could be golfing(but I don't think so)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

You really don't care that much?  Yet, you are here nevertheless spouting your "unbiased" opinion.  Because you don't really care all that much?  Right.

Go ahead and get "deep in the weeds" of analyzing it.  Not that anyone here cares what your analysis would be any way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Strongly disagree. We've seen, in this BB Era, the Pats lose out on the playoffs due to tie breakers, especially after having gone 11-5 without Brady. Think one more win in either of those seasons would have made a difference?

When the schedules rolled out, even before we knew what opponents were playing on which week, we all looked at the opposityion and put the Cardinals game solidly in the "W" column; no exceptions. Same for games vs the JESTS!, Bills, and Fins. We then tossed in the Jags, Rams, and Titans. That's 10 wins we ALL felt were slam dunks. Well, they only got 9 of them, and iit cost them home field thoughout the playoffs. The experts here had them as a 12-4 or 13-3 team. Well, some were right on, others were off by 1 win. But, I'll guarandamntee you that NO ONE had the Cardinals game as a "L".

I don't recall any threads along the lines of: we can afford to lose to the Cards if the Ravens lose to Cincy twice and Cleveland once, and still win home field in the AFC. You go into the season to win them all. Too bad the Pats stunk the place out in week #2, as it cost them dearly. They blew it, and no other team had anything to do about it.

Sixteen games..... win them all and control your own destiny. Lose one to someone you're never supposed to oose to, and, well,.........    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

It wouldn't matter what Peyton Manning did you guys would have a negative comment to make about it. It is funny. I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan. Love the guy. Follow everything he does. I go to a bar {I don't drink} and sit in the corner watching his games on Direct TV while drinking Sprite. I like Brady though. I have nothing against Brady. I'm not always "knocking" Brady. When Peyton was with Indianapolis I never felt the Indianapolis fans hated Brady. I thought they were very respectful of Brady. They weren't "knocking Brady" every chance they got. But Patriots fans. Here this guy is, 4 surgeries, playing for a new team, admittedly probably not 100% physically and he ends up with a 106 Quarterback rating and his team wins it's last 11 games {which is pretty impressive in the NFL..........I don't care if you're playing the Little Sisters of the Poor} and yet what is the headline in New England, "whatever Manning did doesn't matter." It is sad...................Peyton is the Beatles. Brady the Rolling Stones. That is just the way it is and always has been. Manning is the Pro Bowl quarterback again. Brady is 2nd. Manning's jersey is the 2nd biggest seller {Brady's fifth or sixth.} There is a very good chance Manning will win MVP #5. In your heart of heart's you know this and it DRIVES YOU CRAZY!! ALWAYS HAS!! That isn't Manning's fault. It isn't Brady's fault. Sometimes that is just the way things work out. Peyton Manning is a heck of a football player...............so is Tom Brady.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

AFC West is terrible. I pretty much predicted that it would be a cakewalk for Manning And I ain't exactly Kreskin or Nostrodamus when comes to accurate predictions. 12-4 or 13-3 record. A healthy Ravens team could beat them. The Broncos probably beat Houston (when has Schaub ever one a big game....oh right last year....oh that was Feeley or Yates or something) or Indy. The NFL wants the Pats and Broncos in the AFCCG game so they can play up the Brady-Manning rivalry. Pretty happy neither Rex Grossman or some stiff like Cutler won't be in the SB.

Sections
Shortcuts