Congratulations, Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Congratulations, Jets

Rex Ryan did a great coaching job in getting his team to the play-offs. When you consider that he managed this with a rookie QB, despite losing his best defender in NT Kris Jenkins, and perhaps his best offensive weapon in Leon Washington...its' quite a feat. 

As for the Colts' causing the Jets to get in when they pulled Peyton...the Colts only led by 15-10 at the time. So...the Jets had played Peyton and the Horseshoes tough to that point...and still had to score against the Indy defense to win, 29-15. 

Got to give credit where credit is due.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Re: Congratulations, Jets

If they had a QB they might actually be a contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Boom:

If Brady were the Jets' QB...they would go to the SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What am I missing here?  Is this sarcasm just flying over my head?  The Colts pulled their starters and the Bengals laid down.  Am I to believe they only got 72 yards offense because they tried?  It is unusual for a team to have their final two games handed to them to get into the playoffs.  Yes, technically they still had to snap the ball.  Anyone care to wager that the Bengals get a few more than 72 yards of offense next week when those two teams meet again?  Anyone think the Jets will score 37 next week?

The Jets did do well with a rookie QB, but I don't think they would have won their last two games and made the playoffs had the games been played to win by their opponents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Caraway...no sarcasm. The Jets did what they had to do to make it to the play-offs. In the Indy game, the Colts were only ahead 15-10 when they pulled Peyton. True...Indy probably would have won if Peyton stayed in. But, thats' not a certainty. 

As for the Bengals "lying down"...they were beaten down.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

But why were they beaten down like that TP?  I guess next week will tell us if they were beaten down trying, or if they were beaten down lying.  I don't think the Jets are the 85 Bears, and that's how the Bengals made them look today.

I'll reserve judgment until they play next week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Caraway...give credit where credit is due. Whether the Bengals came to play or not...the Jets blew them out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ill give credit when its appropriate, but its really not here. Im not a homer by any means, believe me. Ryan has been terrible in terms of time-management the whole year. 'specially in Miami and Jacksonville. And granted he didnt actually kick the ball himself, but after Ginn brought back one for 100, the second one is all him. And cmon he inherited a great D, he brought two guys w/ him. Scott wasnt much of an asset, Leonherd was ok. They ran the ball and played great D, not exactly reinventing the wheel. I really thought he might have hurt them more than helped, calling a week 7 game a must win. It was either 6 or 7, doesnt matter what week it was, U dont announce that. And all his stupid remarks, once an a while thats ok, once and a while! But only when you've proven yourself and he hasnt. He prolly should have done a lil' better. That team has alot of talent and guys everywhere who have proven they can play at the highest levels. Top 5 o-line, top 5 RB, decent rec's, maybe around top 15-18, certainly not terrible. And easy top 3 if not the best D. Very good special teams as well. QB was the only weak link and thats not immpossible to over come. See Big Ben, Matty Ice, Joe Flacco, Brady, not a deal breaker at all. If I had to grade him, Ill give him a c, c-.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

U cant ingore the fact that Indy and Cincy gave them the games, Im sorry,not sure if your a jets fan or not, but its the truth. Jets had everything to play for and Indy and Cincy had nothing to play for. If my memory serves me right Indy didnt even play a whole half, and Cincy didnt either. Plus they were w/out several key guys Odom, Geathers, Benson, and Fanene, all were having very good years, so pro bowl caliber. Hey Ill give credit where credit is due, like I said, Im far from a homer, butyou'll have to tell me how he helped them. Sparano is a good coach, very good in preperation and game-planning. The actual day of the game hes not as good, but you can fix that. I think he's way better and they dont have half the talent as the jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

sounds like mangini's first year in new york! we all know how that ended

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

He did ok, lol, he was far from great!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

imho, can't takeaway much from the Bengals/jets game....other than the Jets won. Only the Bengals know whether they laid down the game or not.

Regardless, a new season begins next week and the Jets will be in Cincinnatti's home field....which will likely help the Bengals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

What garbage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from honestrick. Show honestrick's posts

TexasPat
    You are delusional. No team has ever been more undeserving to get into the playoffs then these Jets. Winning two exhibition games at the end of the season is nothing to boast about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

I wonder where leon and the pink hats are. A few weeks ago they were ready to pack it in (according to cryin-ryan). Now that the giants are toast, New Jersey has something to cheer for (for one last week).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Gotta agree with Honestrick.  Not only did the Colts pull Peyton and other offensive starters in the third, but they sat some defensive players that could have gone in an important game and relegated the Pro-Bowl DEs Freeney and Mathis to situational pass-rushing duties.  That game wouldn't have been won by the NYJ.  And Cincy - they get to host the NYJ next week as a result of this loss, and who doubts the results will be different?  NE definitely gets a tougher draw against Balt...coincidence?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

pathetic post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Rex Ryan is FAT!!! Can you imagine all the food he stuffed down his mouth after the game. He must be so sick this morning...poor fatboy!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Thanks Pat. As for the rest of the cretins here...blah blah blah. You posters are a bunch of whiny babies that can't even begin to give ANY credit to ANY team unless it's your homer Patsies. If it had been your team playing like they did last nite, it would be chest thumping and "we're gonna win it all" blather. Instead it's the usual put-down cr#pola that makes a lot of people detest you fans. Give the credit where it's due and STFU. I don't expect the same results next week but if the D can play anywhere near where it did last nite, the have every chance to advance. You just worry about you and Tammy playing w/o your best weapon. And if you lose, I'll see the same old lame excuses ("Tom has broken ribs""Welker was not playing""Goodell rigged the game""the refs hate the Pats", etc). Put to rest the conspiracy cra# and just take it for what it is. The Jets deserve to be in but you can't deal with it because a rookie coach took a rookie QB that BEAT you in the season to the playoffs and are only 1 game behind you in total record. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I saw an interview with him yesterday afternoon.  I hate the Jets, but I kinda like the guy.  I think he miscalculated the ability of Sanchez early on, but I kind of understand that.  He also didn't know they still had a shot at the playoffs.  He did give alot of props and respect (which earlier i thought was sarcasm, but it sounded genuine hearing it from him directly) to Bill B and Tom Brady.  Look, I watched parts of that game, and it looked ALOT like our game at NO...crowd fired up, home team on fire, visitors dead.  They were serving NO booze according to news sources, to keep the fans from tearing up the stadium.  Whatever the jet trolls come and say, they did NOT deserve the present they got, but now that they have it, and with Welker out, they are VERY dangerous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

We can if and but this thing all we like, but TP is right.  The Jets did what they had to do.  Sure it would have been different if starters had played.  Through 2 quarters of football against the colts, the Jets (the #1 rushing team in the NFL) had like 55 yds, but the game is 4 quarters. 

If I were playing the jets, I'd play their receivers straight man and take my chances with their ground game. 

The defense is good but it can be beaten.  The Bengals have what it takes to beat the Jets, but the question is, will they?  The Bengals certainly got the tape they needed to game plan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I knew I'd catch some flack for this thread. But, I can't help imagining how miserable I would be feeling today after what happened with Welker...if the Colts had gone 16-0.

Whatever Indy fans say...the bottom line is...the Colts were beaten by the Jets. I don't want to hear would ofs and could ofs. The Colts were lucky to make it to 14-0, and were stupid to pass on going unbeaten. This is especially true when you consider that they played Peyton, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne in blizzard conditions in Buffalo, long enough to gain individual achievements (Clark and Wayne each finished with 100 receptions for the season). 

Thank you, Jets.      

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Speaking of the Bengals...what many people missed is that Chad Ochocinco appeared to suffer a knee injury, when he slipped while running a pattern in the pre-game warm-ups of last nights' game, against the Jets. Though his injury wasn't nearly as serious as the one Wes Welker suffered, he was noticeably limping after it occurred. He went on to play...but was completely ineffective.

I like the Jets' chances next week in Cincy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Pat maybe you should wait until the Jets play against a motivated team with something to play for. Although I must admit Sanchez returning to So Cal to play the Chargers would be fun to watch I don't expect Cincy's defense to roll over like last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Evil: 

The Bengals have a ton of injuries. The Jets may have the best defense in the AFC. I like their chances.