Congratulations Rex and Jets- Can they keep the streak alive!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Congratulations Rex and Jets- Can they keep the streak alive!

Rex Ryan and the New York Jets have the record and are looking to continue next August with the most pre-season Super Bowl Championship predictions by an NFL Coach. they currently stand at 3, but many NFL Insiders believe we should add the 3 he would have had in San Diego had he been the coach there, making it 6 in a row!!!!!! Oddsmakers have Ryans's pre-season Championship prediction for the 2012 at even odds, and claim the payout would even be lower, except for the fact that he may be fired in the off season. The former record by an NFL Coach predicting a championship in the pre-season was zero, making Ryan and the Jets run all that more impressive. So, let's raise a glass and toast the recordholder tonight and wish him the best as he relaxes next week to enjoy a well deserved break watching the Cincinnati Bengals take on the Steelers in their wild card matchup!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Re: Congratulations Rex and Jets- Can they keep the streak alive!

I hate to say this, and I do hate the Jets, but they stand a solid chance to make the playoffs.  Miami is without Bush, the Bengals are unlikely to defeat the Ravens; Houston should beat Tennessee, Kc over Denver and SD over the Raiders.  We may see the Jets in Foxborough one more time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Hahaha pure brilliance!

And as for your prediction, Chaucer, the Jests don't have a snowball's chance in hell to make the playoffs. Even if they were to sneak in, they'll be trounced in the first round. They simply are just not a very good team. What quality teams have they beat this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I actually would like to see the Jets in Foxborough in January.

We owe them one - imagine beating them 3 times in one season..... :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

How some of you want to play the Jets if they get in is beyond me.

Remember last year? 

"oh 45-3 last month against the jets. Snowballs chance in hell they come into foxboro and knock out the pats"

and guess what they did.

They know how to beat NE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Get rid of Shottenheimer. That offense is an anchor around their neck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Until the Jets are out I'll keep one eye on them and my finger on the trigger. Its not over till its over and I really wouldnt want to play a team that has nothing to lose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I believe the Jets DO have a snowball's chance in hell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

If I was a cornerback, I would love to have a chance against Sanchez's flutter balls. I would be padding my stats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I hate to say this, and I do hate the Jets, but they stand a solid chance to make the playoffs.  Miami is without Bush, the Bengals are unlikely to defeat the Ravens; Houston should beat Tennessee, Kc over Denver and SD over the Raiders. "

Umm if you are so good at picking games you should move to Vegas. 

I saw this same flawed logic on the Jets board when I peeped in there. The problem is all (well, most) of these things have to happen simultaneously. The odds of the Jets making the playoffs is listed around 13 percent right now by those who run such numbers, and I'd say that's about right. 13 percent means they do have a shot, but if they had beaten the Giants they'd be up there at 50 percent or so, maybe higher. So, they are on the down slope. Of the games you listed, I'm not sure there is a clear favorite aside from the Ravens who are likely to beat the Bengals. Miami is gonna give the Jets a game and the rest are pick 'ems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. I should add that Houston has nothing to play for, they can't improve their seeding and are likely to rest some key peeps.

Sections
Shortcuts