Congratulations to Arrington

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Congratulations to Arrington

Agree. He had a very nice game today. he looked pretty confident, which is everything at the CB position. let's hope it can continue!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Don't bother, all those you complained incessantly about the contract the Pats gave him will not step up and give him any props.

They will wait till he has his down moments or bad game, and he will, just like every player, and then come out and pounce.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I wasnt an arrington basher but thougth his contract was too high and is somewhat one dimesional in the sense he can cover slot guys but has really struggled in the pass with true Wideouts.  I'll happily eat crow ever week for this....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Arrington is a great nickel cb heck I thought he was playing safety

Amendola, end leman, vereen  (  his run on the last drive) were the O mvps

See Texaspat on Brady) but it wasn't what these guys were. tB did take leadership in the  4th

This was a complementary win
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

He was our best DB today.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Why do the mods keep letting him back with a new moniker? I think they like this bees nest affect. It's all about his negative TB bashings and washing BB's sack.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Don't bother, all those you complained incessantly about the contract the Pats gave him will not step up and give him any props.

They will wait till he has his down moments or bad game, and he will, just like every player, and then come out and pounce.

I hated the contract and still don't think it was all that great but Arrington had a great game. I'm hoping he can make me eat my words all season long but he does tend to have games like this where he looks all pro then he has games where Cole looks like the better option. Again I hope he makes me look completely stupid but I want to see consistency through the entire season before I call it a good contract

BTW there some irony in you last statement after just one good game you comeout and "pounce". Wait a couple of games and if he can keep it up by all means I give you full permission to jump all over me and say whatever you like

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Arrington was a defensive star yesterday.  Two forced fumbles and all in all a good game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Yes I was definitely a Arrington basher and yes he did play a great game which he deserves kudos for. 

So while I should eat some crow right now let's see if its an aberration or he continues his heads up play. Ill be back regardless.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I hated the contract and still don't think it was all that great but Arrington had a great game. I'm hoping he can make me eat my words all season long but he does tend to have games like this where he looks all pro then he has games where Cole looks like the better option. Again I hope he makes me look completely stupid but I want to see consistency through the entire season before I call it a good contract

BTW there some irony in you last statement after just one good game you comeout and "pounce". Wait a couple of games and if he can keep it up by all means I give you full permission to jump all over me and say whatever you like

I guess that is true. ..but you are not generally one who will be afraid to give credit or critisize when it goes against something you have said prior. I agree it is just one game and also said he will undoubtedly have a poor game, at least perception wise to us fans. Besides, I did not name any names in my staement. It was a generalization.

Really one of the very few things we even think differently on is FA anyway.

You really like them to go after guys who seem to have some sort of positive reputation or were once a starter for some other team. ...and comes across that you never assume there are any valid reasons why the Pats should not. That is just my perception of it, could be completely wrong.

When the Pats don't do it. I simply assume the following.

1) If the player is so good then why is the team that currently has him employed letting him go?

a) Do they think he really is not as good as fans think he is?

b) Do they think he is ok but not worth what he thinks he is worth and wants?

2)If the Pats are not interested?

a) Do they not think he is worth what he is asking or wants?

b) Do they think the player is not as good as what they currently have on the roster, if if fans think differently?

c) Do they think it would be a lateral move so what is the point, the guy/s they have know the system as much/little as the new guy would or know it far better than he would?

d) Over the years BB has had to game play against said player many times and is intimately familiar with said players strengths and weaknesses and feels the players weakness would not fit well within his systems?

So when you sometimes say I can't believe they did not go get play x. I sometimes will wonder as well but then just assume it falls into one or more of the above reasons.

As far as Arringtons contract I always assumed that the decent contract amount was tied to his overall value not just as a pretty good nickel CB but the fact he is one to the best ST players on the team AND he is such a good tackler on defense in run support. Considering BB defense is predicated on stoppping the run first it seemed a fair guess that the cumulative value of those three things landed him his deal. Just my best educated guess.

...and yes it was more than I expected as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I guess that is true. ..but you are not generally one who will be afraid to give credit or critisize when it goes against something you have said prior. I agree it is just one game and also said he will undoubtedly have a poor game, at least perception wise to us fans. Besides, I did not name any names in my staement. It was a generalization.

Really one of the very few things we even think differently on is FA anyway.

You really like them to go after guys who seem to have some sort of positive reputation or were once a starter for some other team. ...and comes across that you never assume there are any valid reasons why the Pats should not. That is just my perception of it, could be completely wrong.

When the Pats don't do it. I simply assume the following.

1) If the player is so good then why is the team that currently has him employed letting him go?

a) Do they think he really is not as good as fans think he is?

b) Do they think he is ok but not worth what he thinks he is worth and wants?

2)If the Pats are not interested?

a) Do they not think he is worth what he is asking or wants?

b) Do they think the player is not as good as what they currently have on the roster, if if fans think differently?

c) Do they think it would be a lateral move so what is the point, the guy/s they have know the system as much/little as the new guy would or know it far better than he would?

d) Over the years BB has had to game play against said player many times and is intimately familiar with said players strengths and weaknesses and feels the players weakness would not fit well within his systems?

So when you sometimes say I can't believe they did not go get play x. I sometimes will wonder as well but then just assume it falls into one or more of the above reasons.

As far as Arringtons contract I always assumed that the decent contract amount was tied to his overall value not just as a pretty good nickel CB but the fact he is one to the best ST players on the team AND he is such a good tackler on defense in run support. Considering BB defense is predicated on stoppping the run first it seemed a fair guess that the cumulative value of those three things landed him his deal. Just my best educated guess.

It's all good Low, I didn't think it was directed at me but I don't mind taking punishment if I might be wrong. Yeah with FA I tend to look at positions where I see there could be improvement even if it's just depth. I know the Pats won't spend large so I tend to look at guys towards the back end of their careers (or former starters) who can provide that fringe starter depth and might push for a starting job. I also look at high upside players (the Welkers in the mist sort of guys). Believe it or not I actually really wanted Amendola prior to last year and even more so the year before. But, I also see the writing on the wall about his injures and I don't see multiple injures as freak injures because there are to many players that just have the injury bug no matter how cliche it is. When the Pats don't get one of those guys and they go on to be servicable or better while the holes I saw in the Pats presist because of failed draft picks and bad "low" cost FA signings over mid range options I get angry over the system. I also mainly see this system as a production of Brady and BB as a whole at this point with most of the other players being a mediocre team without them. Now from 01'-05' I saw them differently that all 3 aspects of the game could win you a game I'm not as confident in the 08'-present version doing the same.

In the end it's just how I was raised. Blind faith is never a good thing and there is always room for improvement you just need to find it. When I see the same mistakes happening year in and year out it drives me nuts. I completely understand not every draft pick of FA pickup would work out but I also understand sometimes you have to spend a little and take quality over quantity if you want to continue to improve.

As for the Arrington contract I assumed the same but I wasn't sure his consistency warrented that type of deal. Too many games I've seen him disappear to warrent starter type of money. If not for his consistency I'd think he'd be worth the money for what he provides in run support and ST's but without it I'm not sure there is another team in the league that would give him that kind of money

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Arrington looked good and saved our Behinds out there yesterday but he didnt do anything I didnt see before. I always knew he was a good taclker, physical and can create turnovers. They were very timely but he also still showed he has no business covering a WR down field. Take the good with the bad. I was also pleased with the play of Dennard and Talib for the most part.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Anyone think Arrington may look really good at safety next to McCourty? Much like McCourty, it would seem to play to his strengths while masking his weaknesses. 

Thoughts? Then have Logan Ryan, who has looked impressive to this point, play the slot. 

Let's go Pats!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Anyone think Arrington may look really good at safety next to McCourty? Much like McCourty, it would seem to play to his strengths while masking his weaknesses. 

Thoughts? Then have Logan Ryan, who has looked impressive to this point, play the slot. 

Let's go Pats!

No thanks. The closer Arrington plays to the line the better he is. When he plays off the line and the receiver gets some open space to work with is when Arrington gets in trouble. I think of him as a better defend when he has blinders on and doesn't have to think past 5 yrds in front of him or can bump the receiver at the line. Interesting thought though

Sections
Shortcuts