Congratulations to Ravens, Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Congratulations to Ravens, Lewis

i hate the crows more than ever, after that dillweed Pollard tackled Ridley with his helmet.I'll never recognize their victory, even if our team fell flat in the second half

Go Niners

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Oversimplification at its finest.  Seattle is a physical team...Atlanta beat them.  Steelers are a physical team, didnt even get in the play-offs.

RESPONSE: Spare me about Atlanta beating the Seahawks. Was there ever a team that won a playoff game that was more undeserving?  They were very lucky to have won that game. As for the Steelers, injuries, a lack of talent at RB and OL, and an aging defense did them in.  

Lets see the soft Packers won the Super Bowl in 2011.

RESPONSE: Oversimpliffication at it's finest! The Packers' "D" kled the league in turnovers that season...and had the games' defensive player of the year, in Clay Matthews. 

Soft New Orleans won it in 2010.

RESPONSE: "Soft" New Orleans also led the league in turnovers that season, and, if I'm not mistaken, in scoring defense.

Soft colts won it in 2007.

RESPONSE: The "soft" Colts had a championship giftwrapped for them by the NFL, after the refs stole the title game that year from the injury riddled Patriots. All that remained thereafter was the Rex Grossman led Chicago Bears.   

Soft Pats in 2004 and 2005.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! What was "soft" about those Patriot teams? Both of those teams played very tough, physical defense.

Maybe the teams that are left this year are still playing because there playing the best at the right time, not because there "physical"

RESPONSE: Whatever you say...LOL!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

What welkers wide said 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

What is most disheartening is that the Pats were manhandled by these Ravens. Pats are soft--they need some NASTY D players like Rodney Harrison etc. The Ravens were more physical!

FAR too many terrible high draft picks by BB on D for the last half decade. He tried to play catch up this year, but just didn't get enough fast enough. EVERY bad draft pick is a nail in your coffin. And BB has been nailing away like a madman.

If you're assumption is correct, how then did we even get into the playoff, never mind winning a game, how'd we get to the SB last year, and how oh how did we manage to win so many games in the past few years?

Simple--Matchups! When the Pats match up against Physical teams that come right at you and punch u in the mouth they lose. Giants,Jets,(when they had that D, and Baltimore--ALL tough as nails unafraid football players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Oversimplification at its finest.  Seattle is a physical team...Atlanta beat them.  Steelers are a physical team, didnt even get in the play-offs.

RESPONSE: Spare me about Atlanta beating the Seahawks. Was there ever a team that won a playoff game that was more undeserving?  They were very lucky to have won that game. As for the Steelers, injuries, a lack of talent at RB and OL, and an aging defense did them in.  

Lets see the soft Packers won the Super Bowl in 2011.

RESPONSE: Oversimpliffication at it's finest! The Packers' "D" kled the league in turnovers that season...and had the games' defensive player of the year, in Clay Matthews. 

Soft New Orleans won it in 2010.

RESPONSE: "Soft" New Orleans also led the league in turnovers that season, and, if I'm not mistaken, in scoring defense.

Soft colts won it in 2007.

RESPONSE: The "soft" Colts had a championship giftwrapped for them by the NFL, after the refs stole the title game that year from the injury riddled Patriots. All that remained thereafter was the Rex Grossman led Chicago Bears.   

Soft Pats in 2004 and 2005.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! What was "soft" about those Patriot teams? Both of those teams played very tough, physical defense.

Maybe the teams that are left this year are still playing because there playing the best at the right time, not because there "physical"

RESPONSE: Whatever you say...LOL!!!

Great points TP-unfortunately most of the regulars on this board will not understand your points?  Oh well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Sorry to say but I am not a Ray Lewis ( Not because of the shooting) or a Suggs fan.

They are classless a holes and I hope the 49 ers destroy them.

I have more respect for fat Rex and Sanchez than those two clowns. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Congratulations, Baltimore fans. No excuses...the Ravens and Ray Lewis came to Foxborough and laid it on the Pats...much like they did in 2009. The only difference was that in 2009, the Ravens put the game away in the first quarter, In this one...they put it away in the second half.

Interesting how the last two teams standing are physical squads. Finesse teams like the Pats, Falcons, and Packers turned out to be frauds.

Good luck in the SB. 

see TP this is why ur a good pats fan...and also why some of the mooorons here call u all sorts of names

There are A LOT OF GOOD fans here, you prefer to focus on the bad ones so you can vent against the Pats.  There are a very few who take issues with TP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

lmao.....c'mon.....deep down I'm sure that many Patsies fans would want the Ravens' defense instead of what we have.

Wrong, a--hole.  Rayvens and your patsie asc can go fyourselves. .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This was a second half beatdown.  I've seen lots of games that could have gone either way at the end, and this wasn't one of them.

I'm a firm believer that plays on certain sections of the field are bigger than other plays.  The Patriots had this figured out long ago.  That's why their defense was 29th or so in pass protection year after year but they were first in point differential.  In this game, Baltimore figured it out, and well.  New England put up 28 first downs and 428 yards, but they only scored 13 points.  Baltimore managed to stop them consistently around the 40 or 35 yard line, just out of field goal range, or Baltimore stuffed them one first down before the goal line, better known as in the red zone.  In general, the NFL stands for Not For Long, and whatever the Patriots do, some other team can learn sooner or later.  It's a tribute to Bill Belichick that he and his staff keep coming up with brand new stuff year after year for 11 years.

Baltimore has an (old) experienced defense and they keep it simple.  I suspect that other defenses such as Houston's start to overthink in the second and third quarters.  Baltimore's D didn't overthink and fall apart.  They seemed to adjust well at halftime to New England's uptempo. 

I've occasionally seen offenses adjust well to New England's defense as a game progresses.  In this case Flacco came out throwing 100% short passes early in the second half.  Baltimore's run was abandoned.  So were long passes.  When New England finally started adjusting to the 100% short pass regimen, Baltimore's full offense opened up.

New England lost a bunch of its moving parts.  Their main cornerback went off.  Chandler Jones went off and was replaced by a guy just off the practice squad.  Ridley went off.  Having said that, Baltimore took advantage. 

As for Lewis, he played, slow foot speed, broken finger and all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInOz. Show PatsFanInOz's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

i hate the crows more than ever, after that dillweed Pollard tackled Ridley with his helmet.I'll never recognize their victory, even if our team fell flat in the second half

Go Niners

Watch the replay on that again, Kansas. Ridley lowered HIS helmet and smashed Pollard in the head. As much as I dislike Pollard, and I do, very much, you can't hang this one on him.

C'mon man, don't be a sore loser, you're better than that. We got massively outplayed. We looked like we were out there having a scrimmage, FFS. I didn't see any intensity from our side.