Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

From Yahoo Sports.  Are the writers at the LA Times high?! Mr.Kraft will get a stronly worded letter from me if this comes to pass. But I certainly can't imagine he'd even consider signing such an...ahem...individual.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am EDT

Michael Vick could end up in New England

Now that Almighty NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has let it be known that ex-con quarterback Michael Vick(notes) isn't going to be suspended for the season, rumblings are starting as to where the dog lover will end up - and it isn't in the fledgling United Football League, which some previously believed would be his only chance to make some dough for throwing a ball.

The Los Angeles Times is proposing that the New England Patriots may have some interest in bringing Vick in as a backup to Tom Brady(notes). After all, the Patriots haven't been afraid to sign such controversial players as Randy Moss(notes), who had a past history of marijuana use, knocking over a police officer with his car, and pretending to moon opposing fans, and Corey Dillon(notes), who supposedly just had a bad attitude, in the past.

The Miami Dolphins are also considered a possible landing spot for Vick, depending on whether Bill Parcells wants to bench his new prize possession, former West Virginia quarterback Pat White(notes). And Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is always happy to give a controversial player a 14th chance.

Source: Los Angeles Times

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

Laurie:
     I have one phrase that should put your mind at ease: 'the Myra rule." Just like guys with a record for abusing women don't stand a chance of being signed by or staying with the Patriots, I can see the Myra Rule being expanded to include animal abuse.

In other words, don't expect Vick to be employed in any capacity in Foxboro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

In Response to Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]From Yahoo Sports.  Are the writers at the LA Times high?! Mr.Kraft will get a stronly worded letter from me if this comes to pass. But I certainly can't imagine he'd even consider signing such an...ahem...individual. Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am EDT Michael Vick could end up in New England Now that Almighty NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has let it be known that ex-con quarterback Michael Vick (notes) isn't going to be suspended for the season, rumblings are starting as to where the dog lover will end up - and it isn't in the fledgling United Football League, which some previously believed would be his only chance to make some dough for throwing a ball. The Los Angeles Times is proposing that the New England Patriots may have some interest in bringing Vick in as a backup to Tom Brady (notes) . After all, the Patriots haven't been afraid to sign such controversial players as Randy Moss (notes) , who had a past history of marijuana use, knocking over a police officer with his car, and pretending to moon opposing fans, and Corey Dillon (notes) , who supposedly just had a bad attitude, in the past. The Miami Dolphins are also considered a possible landing spot for Vick, depending on whether Bill Parcells wants to bench his new prize possession, former West Virginia quarterback Pat White (notes) . And Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is always happy to give a controversial player a 14th chance. Source: Los Angeles Times
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE] Get Over It!He did his time.I hope new england does sign him.it will prove just how loyal some fans here are.its obvious your not very loyal.what he did was wrong,but he paid for it.time has moved on,and you need to move on.there are much more horrible things going on in this world now,at the present moment that should be focused on.instead of a football players crime of two years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]Laurie:  I have one phrase that should put your mind at ease: 'the Myra rule." Just like guys with a record for abusing women don't stand a chance of being signed by or staying with the Patriots, I can see the Myra Rule being expanded to include animal abuse. In other words, don't expect Vick to be employed in any capacity in Foxboro.
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're right Bel, but the mere suggestion of such a thing happening makes me sick to my stomach, and I can't really fathom New England fans tolerating him even stepping on the field anyway. I would think the Krafts realize that as well. But you are right, Myra most likely would not be "havin' it", and rightly so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Get Over It!He did his time.I hope new england does sign him.it will prove just how loyal some fans here are.its obvious your not very loyal.what he did was wrong,but he paid for it.time has moved on,and you need to move on.there are much more horrible things going on in this world now,at the present moment that should be focused on.instead of a football players crime of two years ago.
    Posted by sorelosers[/QUOTE]

YAWN. Troll, don't you have some bridge (see below) you're supposed to be sitting under? Better scurry back now. Off you go....shoo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

I think he should be brought in to compete with Brady as starter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

In Response to Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]From Yahoo Sports.  Are the writers at the LA Times high?! Mr.Kraft will get a stronly worded letter from me if this comes to pass. But I certainly can't imagine he'd even consider signing such an...ahem...individual. Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am EDT Michael Vick could end up in New England Now that Almighty NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has let it be known that ex-con quarterback Michael Vick (notes) isn't going to be suspended for the season, rumblings are starting as to where the dog lover will end up - and it isn't in the fledgling United Football League, which some previously believed would be his only chance to make some dough for throwing a ball. The Los Angeles Times is proposing that the New England Patriots may have some interest in bringing Vick in as a backup to Tom Brady (notes) . After all, the Patriots haven't been afraid to sign such controversial players as Randy Moss (notes) , who had a past history of marijuana use, knocking over a police officer with his car, and pretending to moon opposing fans, and Corey Dillon (notes) , who supposedly just had a bad attitude, in the past. The Miami Dolphins are also considered a possible landing spot for Vick, depending on whether Bill Parcells wants to bench his new prize possession, former West Virginia quarterback Pat White (notes) . And Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is always happy to give a controversial player a 14th chance. Source: Los Angeles Times
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE] enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmLaXcbCyVM&feature=related

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I agree, get over it.  If they did sign him, and you wanted to root for another team, good riddance.  People always acting like they are better than someone else.  I hope they sign him so you could write your little letter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : YAWN. Troll, don't you have some bridge (see below) you're supposed to be sitting under? Better scurry back now. Off you go....shoo.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]
    hmm, was his punishment not enough?

Where were your outraged comments when Stallworth got 30 days in COUNTY jail for killing a human being? Maybe...you like dogs more than your own species?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Phew, trolls and alters are out in force today eh. Funny, you little boys never seem to have the raisins to sign your real names though. Pretty much gives you no credibility IMO. Oh well, I'm done engaging you juveniles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, get over it.  If they did sign him, and you wanted to root for another team, good riddance.  People always acting like they are better than someone else.  I hope they sign him so you could write your little letter.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE] you better be careful.if you dont candy coat your words,and agree with how she feels,you are considered a troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : hmm, was his punishment not enough? Where were your outraged comments when Stallworth got 30 days in COUNTY jail for killing a human being? Maybe...you like dogs more than your own species?
    Posted by DrDoItchBig[/QUOTE]
    It funny that people get religious about Mike Vick. There are plenty of people in the NFL that have done worse. Anytime a human life is effected it trumps any violence, no matter how grevious, toward any animal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

[QUOTE]Phew, trolls and alters are out in force today eh. Funny, you little boys never seem to have the raisins to sign your real names though. Pretty much gives you no credibility IMO. Oh well, I'm done engaging you juveniles.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE] it dosent matter,if someone signs there real name,or there post name.we all have our opinions.just like you do.rather if some dont agree with me.some dont agree with you,and so on.if your gonna post with the big dogs here,you had better be able to take the heat.and get use to people not always agreeing with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]Phew, trolls and alters are out in force today eh. Funny, you little boys never seem to have the raisins to sign your real names though. Pretty much gives you no credibility IMO. Oh well, I'm done engaging you juveniles.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like "Laurie" is your real name.  Go ahead and bury your head in the sand because Pats nation is not full of Vick haters.  I'm sure Vick has done more good things than you have ever done.  Don't take one chapter of a man's life and judge him on that, judge him based on his whole life. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Julian Edelman is far, far cheaper.  Edelman also plays wide receiver in the Wes Welker mode, he can run back kickoffs and he has played safety at times.  Vick's only purpose would be to play wildcat quarterback, and Edelman can already play this role.  You should see his college videos!  Edelman was already tested under center at minicamp.  That's a good hint.  Reports are that Edelman has so far been a pleasant surprise.  

More to the point, Myra Kraft probably wouldn't let Michael Vick on the team.  She has veto power.  Vick brings lots of bad habits with him.  Why would BB want this influence in the clubhouse?

Next, Vick is an idiot.  That means he's uncoachable.  What can BB do with an idiot, especially at quarterback? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]CTLady, I can understand your concern, seeing by the pic you must be a dog owner, so your point is well taken, but c'mon do you really think it would be that horrible to sign this guy?  If you wanna put every NFL player under the scope you will find out much worse things being done, and maybe some of those people are on our team already.  The pnly difference is you know about this guy and what he did, so waht it gives you the right to say we cant sign him.  He did 2 years in the Feds, you try doing that.  He has served his time and was sentenced ina court of law.  If BIllicheck feels he helps our team, he will try to get him.  Just keep your dog in the house if you feel that strong, but I think he has learned his lesson, and Kraft will still sell tickets..Life goes on. How about the fact a guy like M.Harrison (guilty or not) can get accused of shooting someone twice, hand over a gun to police that was the same one from which 5 shell casings were found on the scene, and not so much a smack or a day in jail, but a man does 2 years for killing dogs, and you guys still think he shoud suffer.. What is wrong here.  I would like to think Harrison got some serious pull or paid off somebody.. Even our beloved Billicheck is no saint, and his two sons have been arrested before, so I think you need to research who our coach is, He dont Give a %^$&   about nothing but football and winning games, by any mean necessary!
    Posted by STILLBALLIN[/QUOTE] plus you can add stallworth in the mix.he kills a person while driving under the influence,and only gets a 30 day county jail time,for killing a human being trying to catch a bus going home after work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]Julian Edelman is far, far cheaper.  Edelman also plays wide receiver in the Wes Welker mode, he can run back kickoffs and he has played safety at times.  Vick's only purpose would be to play wildcat quarterback, and Edelman can already play this role.  You should see his college videos!  Edelman was already tested under center at minicamp.  That's a good hint.  Reports are that Edelman has so far been a pleasant surprise.   More to the point, Myra Kraft probably wouldn't let Michael Vick on the team.  She has veto power.  Vick brings lots of bad habits with him.  Why would BB want this influence in the clubhouse? Next, Vick is an idiot.  That means he's uncoachable.  What can BB do with an idiot, especially at quarterback? 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE] there have been many bad influences brought into the club house,and they panned out just fine.as for vick being an idiot.i agree with what he did,but thats just personal feelings.which cant take away his talent.as for edelman,he remains to be seen.collage and the pro,s are two diffrent games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

There's really two questions that need to be dealt with here.

1. Should he be allowed to play?
    2. Do you want him to play for your team?

Obviously Goodell has already made it clear that he will be reinstated at some point which is good.  Like many of you have said, he served his time and the NFL shouldn't hold themselves to a higher authority than the judicial system. I wholeheartedly agree.

That being said, I still don't want to see Vick as a Patriot. It's not that it wouldn't possibly make the team better, it's that I don't think the Patriots need any more of the negative attention. If I was Kraft I wouldn't want to have the rallies going on every Sunday outside Gillette Stadium. I wouldn't want to have to answer to all of the questions and get threatened by sponsors.

It's not a smart business move for a team that is already established. He'll end up landing with a team that is not as established but it a few pieces away from a real push... maybe Jacksonville.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

He did lead the Falcons to the NFC Championship Game. Mostly, however, I think he's been too inconsistent. What would we do with him? Would he be another Michael Bishop? However, I don't think we would sign someone who can't play until the middle of the season.
    If the unthinkable happened again, we would want someone experienced in our system, like O'Connell, to be ready to take over. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : it dosent matter,if someone signs there real name,or there post name.we all have our opinions.just like you do.rather if some dont agree with me.some dont agree with you,and so on.if your gonna post with the big dogs here,you had better be able to take the heat.and get use to people not always agreeing with you.
    Posted by sorelosers[/QUOTE]

Okay hot shot, this will be my last post to you (and your buddies on this thread) because it's clear you don't have very good reading comprehension skills.

Yes, I'm well aware that people's opinions differ and I sure as hell don't expect everyone to agree with me. You, however, think that because I call you a troll (which I believe you [guys] are based on the low number of posts you have made, many of which are argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative), that means I am opposed to you having a differing opinion. Therein lies your lack of reading comprehension. I never said any such thing.

Quite frankly, I don't care if you or any of the other so-called "big dogs" here agree with me. But the more you post in the snide manner in which you do, the less credible you become as a legitimate fan on this board IMO. In fact, it seems to me that your agenda is simply to stir the pot whenever possible.

As for signing names at the end of posts: I believe that doing so means you have integrity enough to stand behind what you post (opinions or otherwise). And yes, Laurie B. is my real name. My email is also included in my signature for anyone who wishes to contact me if they want to discuss something I post (at which time they will find I also disclose my REAL surname). I do not hide behind anonymous forum handle(s).

And finally, I don't need anyone to candy coat anything for me sweetheart. I'm all too familiar with just how sour tasting real life can be, moreso than you'll ever know.

Nuff said. I hope you enjoyed the attention as that is clearly what you savor. You're not the first troll I've encountered on the internet and I'm sure you won't be the last. I've seen your kind come and go here for the last 3 years and there is always a new crop waiting to spring into action. *shrug*

Good day to you pal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TWisch. Show TWisch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : plus you can add stallworth in the mix.he kills a person while driving under the influence,and only gets a 30 day county jail time,for killing a human being trying to catch a bus going home after work.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]

24 days i believe is all the Stallworth served.  People get bent way too out of shape when animals are involved, there have been many players who have beat women, killed people, done way worse things than animal cruelty!!!  Take for example Dany Heatly, NHL player, killed a teammate while driving and got charged with vehicular homicide, and got three years probation! 

Vick served more than enough time for his crime, he lost everything he worked for!  If he got brought in the patriots fold, i would be his #1 supporter!

and by the way, my name is TRAVIS

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

[QUOTE]Good Job Laurie.  You are posting your real name....  This is a sports website, I dont know about you, but I am not in the habit of giving out my government online for obvious reasons, none of them being that I'm hiding from someone like you.  Get a clue, dont come on here braggin cause you use your first name and last initial, and "you can email so we can discuss...."  What are you looking for a date??  Gimme a break.  I'm sorry but you asked for it.  That litlle pooch is the only action you get, thats why you crying about dogs on here.  I love animals too, I just keep it platonic...lol  Seriously though,....Are u serious.  Dont know if you were referring to me, but I've been posting here long before you ever came along, I regulate this board and everyones handle was reset in 07 I think,  when they changed the format  ... I bet I get another response from you...
    Posted by STILLBALLIN[/QUOTE] well said.she has a big 215 posts,so that makes her above a troll.go figure?almost everything ive heard from her posts are who she hates.I am a pats fan.i just call things the way i see it.and that bothers many people.this is a sports forum,and its mostly politics to vick bashing,to family photos of puppy dogs.thats all good in nature,but dont bash someone because they dont agree with you.sometimes enough is enough,and its time for some football talk.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts