Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : 24 days i believe is all the Stallworth served.  People get bent way too out of shape when animals are involved, there have been many players who have beat women, killed people, done way worse things than animal cruelty!!!  Take for example Dany Heatly, NHL player, killed a teammate while driving and got charged with vehicular homicide, and got three years probation!  Vick served more than enough time for his crime, he lost everything he worked for!  If he got brought in the patriots fold, i would be his #1 supporter! and by the way, my name is TRAVIS
    Posted by TWisch[/QUOTE] you can call me the count,or cd.just kidding my name is jay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

I love all this heated moment on this post.it gives you that taste for blood.

im ready for some football!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Laurie, sorry,  no hard feelings alright, I'm just messing with you.  You set urself up for that one.  I personally dont think Vick will sign or here or care if he does, my point was that, He has every right to play in the NFL, and if you want to raise hell fine, but realize that this man has done his time and is a free man, and dont be naive about the league, and think this is the worst guy in the NFL... You gonna come back n play
    Posted by STILLBALLIN[/QUOTE]

Actually Still, I wasn't referring to you.

And no, not looking for dates. I'm happily taken and have been for many, many years. I just think that it's sometimes more constructive to discuss things off the board. Name signing has nothing to do with bragging as I am not a boastful person. It's just how I [personally] think forums should work as a rule because of the "hit and run" troll factor.

Yes, I recall the reset in 2007 as well. It affected my membership date/posts too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

I am also of the opinion that Vick has more than paid for his misdeeds (paid in prison time, loss of fortunes, loss of personal status/respect). It is time to let him back in if he shows that he repented.

Goodell made a good decision! I hope Pats will sign him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Actually Still, I wasn't referring to you. And no, not looking for dates. I'm happily taken and have been for many, many years. I just think that it's sometimes more constructive to discuss things off the board. Name signing has nothing to do with bragging as I am not a boastful person. It's just how I [personally] think forums should work as a rule because of the "hit and run" troll factor. Yes, I recall the reset in 2007 as well. It affected my membership date/posts too.  
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]I may be new here,but ive been a pats fan for a very long time.I read some of these post more then i quote on them.but one thing i will say about all parties involved here.who is to say who is a troll?rather you have 60 posts to some ive seen haveing 3000.ive seen no patriot bashing here,but heated topics on opinions.and bashing of one another.and in hine site haveing fun.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Laurie:
    I'm a Pats fan ( no kidding ) and I've been on this forum a long time.
    I'm also a vegetarian, picketed at fur protests and created animal rights mailings and internet promotions.
    We have very little control over what's going on in the world no matter how eloquently or passionately we voice our opinions.
    People are being murdered and animals are being exploited, abused and slaughtered even as we speak ( I'm being obvious again ).
    There's nothing to be gained by self-gratifying name-calling or casting aspersions on what we imagine to be other persons' levels of intelligence.
    While you think you should be commended for using your real name and email address, it's probably not a good idea although a dedicated hacker could break into anyone's system, regardless of your protective measures.
    Nor is it cowardly to be anonymous. I think a lot of people express themselves more openly and freely with just a generic screen name.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from homestand. Show homestand's posts

[QUOTE]Phew, trolls and alters are out in force today eh. Funny, you little boys never seem to have the raisins to sign your real names though. Pretty much gives you no credibility IMO. Oh well, I'm done engaging you juveniles.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

LOL @ "raisins".

JOHN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Laurie: I'm a Pats fan ( no kidding ) and I've been on this forum a long time. I'm also a vegetarian, picketed at fur protests and created animal rights mailings and internet promotions. We have very little control over what's going on in the world no matter how eloquently or passionately we voice our opinions. People are being murdered and animals are being exploited, abused and slaughtered even as we speak ( I'm being obvious again ). There's nothing to be gained by self-gratifying name-calling or casting aspersions on what we imagine to be other persons' levels of intelligence. While you think you should be commended for using your real name and email address, it's probably not a good idea although a dedicated hacker could break into anyone's system, regardless of your protective measures. Nor is it cowardly to be anonymous. I think a lot of people express themselves more openly and freely with just a generic screen name.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

I guess it all just boils down to a matter of opinion Yapple. Thanks for your feedback. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

DO I have over 3000 posts?i need a life.but no i dont think im better then anyone else. VLAD you make a good point. ct your stressing over nothing here.your opinion is respected,just roll with it and have fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]CTLady, I can understand your concern, seeing by the pic you must be a dog owner, so your point is well taken, but c'mon do you really think it would be that horrible to sign this guy?  If you wanna put every NFL player under the scope you will find out much worse things being done, and maybe some of those people are on our team already.  The pnly difference is you know about this guy and what he did, so waht it gives you the right to say we cant sign him.  He did 2 years in the Feds, you try doing that.  He has served his time and was sentenced ina court of law.  If BIllicheck feels he helps our team, he will try to get him.  Just keep your dog in the house if you feel that strong, but I think he has learned his lesson, and Kraft will still sell tickets..Life goes on. How about the fact a guy like M.Harrison (guilty or not) can get accused of shooting someone twice, hand over a gun to police that was the same one from which 5 shell casings were found on the scene, and not so much a smack or a day in jail, but a man does 2 years for killing dogs, and you guys still think he shoud suffer.. What is wrong here.  I would like to think Harrison got some serious pull or paid off somebody.. Even our beloved Billicheck is no saint, and his two sons have been arrested before, so I think you need to research who our coach is, He dont Give a %^$&   about nothing but football and winning games, by any mean necessary!
    Posted by STILLBALLIN[/QUOTE]

Yes this guy is pretty horrible. He electrocuted at least one dog and hung at least one other. Nothing more humane than that. He's a piece of *#it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

The New England Patriots would win 3 Super Bowls in a row if Vick was brought in as a backup/Wildcat Back/QB.  Can you imagine what Bill B would do with Brady, Moss, Welker, Galloway, Maroney and VICK?????????

Ok, we get it, Americans love Dogs and he was convicted for being cruel to them.  He's also done his time and will serve an additional suspension by the NFL.  He's lost millions and almost lost everything.  Short of killing a person, a la Dante Stallworth, he's repaid his debt to society.

While i'm on a roll, how does Vick get 2 years for hurting dogs and (Former Patriot) Dante Stallworth get 28 days for killing a person????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

I don't think I have any real problem with Vick if the Pats sign him. I'm just wondering what position would he play. I really don't think he could fill Tom Brady's shoes. And I wouldn't want to see Tom pulled from the playing field in specific situations where Vick would come in as QB for a play here and there. We already have the best QB in the league. Would Vick be a wide receiver? running back? slot receiver? I really and honestly don't know. He's a talented athlete for sure. But I don't want him replacing Brady. So what position do you think he would play if he was on the Pats?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Wildcat Lucky, Wildcat.....copy Miami, bring him in to line up BEHIND Tom Brady.....

"The New England Patriots would win 3 Super Bowls in a row if Vick was brought in as a backup/Wildcat Back/QB.  Can you imagine what Bill B would do with Brady, Moss, Welker, Galloway, Maroney and VICK?????????

Ok, we get it, Americans love Dogs and he was convicted for being cruel to them.  He's also done his time and will serve an additional suspension by the NFL.  He's lost millions and almost lost everything.  Short of killing a person, a la Dante Stallworth, he's repaid his debt to society.

While i'm on a roll, how does Vick get 2 years for hurting dogs and (Former Patriot) Dante Stallworth get 28 days for killing a person???? "

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

With all things considered I have no objections of signing Vick to a contract with the patriots. It far to easy to kick a "man" while is down, as evident by all the Vick bashers here in this post alone, but why should you bring yourself to such a negative sate of mind. Vick has a right as a human being to move on with his life and be a productive citizen to society and not be marginalized by those who wish to judge him and remind him of his past decision/actions.

I am a firm believer in that no publicity/attention is bad publicity or attention. So Vick has a great opportunity to silence all of his critics and show that he is a new man, athlete, and teammate. What a better stage to do that then with the patriots? And, what a great opportunity for the patriots to pick up a guy who has everything to prove and a lot to loss if Vick cant live up to his reinstatement? I am all for building a person up not breaking him down.
      FYI: If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

Besides under BB Vick could be playing different position and since he has the athletic ability to do so he has the opportunity to get a lot more playing time. If signed with the patriots, of course.

Vick at WR/KR/PR/QB, anyone?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

It comes down to integrity. Do you all really want the Patriots to be the team that signs Vick? You all want the Pats to go through the media sh!t storm that would ensue. It's also about character and psychological make up. Stallworth killed someone by accident, a moment of bad judgement on his part but no malice, Not so for Vick he willfully owned, funded and parcipitated in animal torture and death.
    He is flawed mentally and those spots are very hard to change. Vick can sign with the Raiders they have no integrity there. The Patriots are an organization that prides itself on some level of moral character ( they're not perfect) signing Vick would erode all that Mr. Kraft has built here. This organization was dragged through the mud with spygate and Victor Kiams' insensitivity I  for one don' want go through all that again. Like my grandmother always told me "you got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"......same can be said for the Pats. 

And I agree wholeheartedly with Laurie, the women from Connecticut that loves the Pats.Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

What is the fascination with Vick:

1) As far as QB's go he SUCKED!!! Not even close to being a good QB. Why would we want him at all? Edelman is a better passer, cheaper, and almost as good a runner. We still have Faulk as a RB who can play Wildcat too.

2) He'd still cost a lot - Vick needs CASH to pay back his debts and knows that he doesn't have a lot of time to do it (maybe 5 years left in his tank - probably only 2-3 because he's not a good passer and is more of a RB).

3) He's not a "malcontent" like Moss was, or a guy who was miserable like Dillon - he's a criminal. He didn't play pranks - he killed animals for fun. He's not the same type of character that the Moss and Dillion experiments were.

4) He's a coach killer and a baby - when he didn't complete passes he blamed his recievers. Remember - these are the same guys that Matt Ryan did so well with last year!

Yes, I personally also can't stand his smug face, but I think these are really objective reasons why the Patriots should have NO INTEREST at all in getting him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He's a talented player, just dont' want too see him in a NE uniform. We have Edleman to run the Wildcat, plenty of slot receivers, a decent stable of backs and have shown a propensity to develop young quarterbacks. Unless Vick can play the dime DB package or morph into an edge rusher he is not coming here. Maybe the LA Rams will take him.......oh wait....

Emperor Dogbertius

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

The Patriots have already come out and said they have no interest in that subhuman piece of garbage. Yet the smear campaign continues by the Patriot hating media.

Not only is the guy a joke, he is a terrible QB. He is useless to the Pats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

I don't want to see Vick come here either--for all the reasons mentioned, especially that I don't think he is good enough, frankly.

But I have to honest, I've seen this speculation--that the Pats are (or might be) interested in him is several places--including Peter King's column for SI. 
    I have to be honest, it bothers me that several people (including a national correspondent like King) have mentioned the Pats as a possible landing site.   I hate to sound paranoid, but I can't help wondering if Kraft and the Pats are being pressured by the league to "help" rehabilitate Vick's reputation by taking him on.  Afterall, as several people have pointed out, the Pats have a reputation for only bringing in "good guys"--what better place to smooth Vick's re-entry into the NFL than here--especially if no team really wants him because of the bad PR?

*If* the Pats signed him, who would we have to give up?  It is highly likely that some good players will have to be cut anyway due to the number coming to camp, and when the cuts come to get down to a 53 man roster, who would you be willing to let go to make room for this "individual"?  I can't honestly think of any of our current players (who are likely to make the team) that I would be willing to trade for Vick, who--as others have mentioned--doesn't really have all that much to offer *our* team.  There may a place for him in some lower quality teams, where he might actually make a contribution, but I don't see that as the case for our team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]It comes down to integrity. Do you all really want the Patriots to be the team that signs Vick? You all want the Pats to go through the media sh!t storm that would ensue. It's also about character and psychological make up. Stallworth killed someone by accident, a moment of bad judgement on his part but no malice, Not so for Vick he willfully owned, funded and parcipitated in animal torture and death. He is flawed mentally and those spots are very hard to change. Vick can sign with the Raiders they have no integrity there. The Patriots are an organization that prides itself on some level of moral character ( they're not perfect) signing Vick would erode all that Mr. Kraft has built here. This organization was dragged through the mud with spygate and Victor Kiams' insensitivity I  for one don' want go through all that again. Like my grandmother always told me "you got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"......same can be said for the Pats.  And I agree wholeheartedly with Laurie, the women from Connecticut that loves the Pats.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Thanks Harley. :)

P.S. LOVE this --- /> "you got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything".... That is my whole point!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Can he provide the much needed pass rush?  If not, we are better off without the soap opera that would be the M.V. story in N.E.

He did his hard time and deserves a chance to earn a living, although the living does not have to be in the NFL.  Right now he is likely still working the construction job he landed when he was released.  Seems like a pretty good profession, even if very low paying compared to the NFL.  Millions do it every day...

Sections
Shortcuts