Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

With the news of Big Papi and Manny juicing to win the world series if the Pats sign Vick I'll sign off forever and never support either team again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was originally against signing Vick but after much thought I think he might be a viable option as a back-up QB,I don't care about his mistreatment of dogs!I raised a pitbull and he was the nicest dog I ever raised,but I'm not sitting in judgement as to how Micheal Vick abused his pets.Though i personally don't understand why he did what he did to those poor creatures this is not the question at hand.The question is does he deserve a shot at making the New England Patriots? In this business its wins and losses that count the most and the more experienced and skilled your players are the better your chances of success are! He is a football player and he possesses many atributes that would help this team.If BB has no problems with him as a player then i sure as hell have no problem with him as a player.As a side note he paid dearly for his mistreatment of the animals that God gave him to care for,his freedom and wealth were stripped from him as well as his dignity.I will not be the one who casts the first stone as I have glass windows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    I would bet my life that he comes no where near NE.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Good Luck in the afterlife then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

I would not be surprised if Vick is a Patriot. Hey if Brady has an injury like last year he is a better option than Kevin O'connell. I think it is awful what he did but he did his time now he deserves a chance with the Patriots or somewhere else. Geez, guys that rape people and abuse people are allowed back and you folks have this big of a problem with Vick. I love my dog and would never allow Vick near him but what the heck does that have to do with football? I would never let a guy like Wil Cordero around my fiancee or daughter but I still cheered when he got a homerun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Coach Bill Belichick wouldn't rule out the possibility of signing free agent Michael Vick as Patriots camp opened Thursday.

Belichick must love winning more than dogs. "Michael is an outstanding player, you know, (but he) hasn’t played in a couple years," Belichick said. "But exactly where he is right now, I don’t know." For what it's worth, Bodog.com has set the odds of New England signing Vick at 4-to-1.

Of course Belichick isn't going to say anything bad about the guy! If you asked him if pigs would learn how to fly he'd tell you he "wouldn't rule out the possibility"! That does not mean he has any interest in signing Vick. At this point it would be politically incorrect to say the guy is a loser and you wouldn't want him anywhere near your team (if you were a coach or GM). And if it were Belichick saying such a thing the media would edit the interview to make him sound like the anti-Christ! It's hard to tell at this point which of you posters actually would like to see Vick on the team and which are only trying to aggravate those of us who are dead set against it! For myself, I can't see the worth of a roster spot for this guy in Foxboro. Even if I were a Vick "supporter" (which I certainly am NOT), I still would not want to see him sign in NE. I agree with Caraway, if he can turn his life around and redeem himself I'll applaud him (somewhat). Being an animal lover, though, there will always be a part of me which will despise the man immensely. But whatever fate awaits him, I'm pretty sure it will be somewhere other than in Foxboro! Do not buy into all the media hype about Vick becoming a Patriot! Their agenda is that this would give them so much more BS to gab about on their TV shows and websites. With the questions on defense, I don't see how they could justify signing a part time offensive player. With Brady back they are not really wanting in this area. If they are interested in signing a back up to Brady (supposing they do not have the same confidence in O'Connell as they did in Cassel), I suspect they'll sign an out of work veteran, and not a PR nightmare who hasn't played in a couple years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Has anyone mentioned a report on profootballtalk.com that Vick was seen on a flight to Boston yesterday?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

http://blog.pfwonline.com/ also asked BB the question today, and BB said he wouldn't rule it in or out.  Of course, BB is very careful to never close his options and never publicly slams any player, so I don't know if we can read anything into this.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this...  It doesn't help me that I saw a flying pig at the hummingbird feeder this morning.  Maybe Vick is actually an OLB.  I'm still wondering where our offensive shortfall is so great that we would take a chance on Vick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"I would make that bet, but I don't want to see you lose your life... " - Izzo

"Good Luck in the afterlife then." - Pap

Ok you two, so when we dont sign Vick can I expect to see you two on this forum talking about how bad the foot in your mouth tastes? Cause if we sign him I will be the first one on here to say I was wrong. So I hope I can trust that you two bozos will do the same WHEN Mike Vick does not sign.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

"I would make that bet, but I don't want to see you lose your life... " - Izzo "Good Luck in the afterlife then." - Pap Ok you two, so when we dont sign Vick can I expect to see you two on this forum talking about how bad the foot in your mouth tastes? Cause if we sign him I will be the first one on here to say I was wrong. So I hope I can trust that you two bozos will do the same WHEN Mike Vick does not sign.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Like I said, I don't know if they sign him or not, but I bet they at least bring him in and look at him.  Either way it makes no difference to me.  I would love it if they did, but if they don't, oh well. Either way, I'll be rooting for them to make it to Miami in February..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebw343. Show ebw343's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Like I said, I don't know if they sign him or not, but I bet they at least bring him in and look at him.  Either way it makes no difference to me.  I would love it if they did, but if they don't, oh well. Either way, I'll be rooting for them to make it to Miami in February..
    Posted by N2thaIzzo

With Big Papi,  Belicheater, and Ramirez, do we really need a dog strangler?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

I think the guy should be allowed back in the NFL.  He did his time and paid his debt.  That being said, I don't want him on the Pats.  It has nothing to do with the dog-fighting, I would just rather see them develop O'Connell.  I don't think Vick is a very good passer.  I'm not sure he would make the Pats a better team, and that's all that matters in the long run.

How many of you were indignant when the Pats traded for Moss?  Spit at people, took plays off.  Now how do you feel about him?  If BB feels Vick would make the Pats better, then I am going to go with his judgement.  In Bill We Trust

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebw343. Show ebw343's posts

"In Bill We Trust"  That's right, God knows he's never done anything wrong. . . .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

"In Bill We Trust"  That's right, God knows he's never done anything wrong. . . .
    Posted by ebw343

If you were a dog, I'd lock you up in the same room with Vick.  I guess you'd rather have Pope John Paul Dungy IV and ditch one of the greatest coaches in football?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebw343. Show ebw343's posts

"one of the greatest coaches in football"  And I'll bet you've got the videotape to prove it!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

"one of the greatest coaches in football"  And I'll bet you've got the videotape to prove it!!
    Posted by ebw343

there is plenty of videotape - check out the 3 Superbowl wins, the total destruction of Peyton manning in the playoffs in 2003 and 2004, the mastery of the Monday nighter vs Denver when he took a safety and the Pats d held and Pats scored winning TD in final minute.  All these moments of genius and many others showing his greatness are all available on videotape

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

I do!  It's called "3 GAMES TO GLORY", and there are sequels to it, including this one called "21". 

Posted by ebw343

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by ebw343

Mangina is that you?  Don't be so bitter about BB.  He tried to tell you that you weren't ready to go out on your own.  Hey, maybe the second time will be a charm for you.  It was for BB.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Videotapes plus 5 rings to prove it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:

From Yahoo Sports.  Are the writers at the LA Times high?! Mr.Kraft will get a stronly worded letter from me if this comes to pass. But I certainly can't imagine he'd even consider signing such an...ahem...individual. Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am EDT Michael Vick could end up in New England Now that Almighty NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has let it be known that ex-con quarterback Michael Vick (notes) isn't going to be suspended for the season, rumblings are starting as to where the dog lover will end up - and it isn't in the fledgling United Football League, which some previously believed would be his only chance to make some dough for throwing a ball. The Los Angeles Times is proposing that the New England Patriots may have some interest in bringing Vick in as a backup to Tom Brady (notes) . After all, the Patriots haven't been afraid to sign such controversial players as Randy Moss (notes) , who had a past history of marijuana use, knocking over a police officer with his car, and pretending to moon opposing fans, and Corey Dillon (notes) , who supposedly just had a bad attitude, in the past. The Miami Dolphins are also considered a possible landing spot for Vick, depending on whether Bill Parcells wants to bench his new prize possession, former West Virginia quarterback Pat White (notes) . And Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is always happy to give a controversial player a 14th chance. Source: Los Angeles Times
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

I'm going to vomit if this is true...yes...I will be SO done and yes, I will write that letter to the Krafts. (See link below)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/31/vick-to-pats-rumor-continues-to-pick-up-steam/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebw343. Show ebw343's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : there is plenty of videotape - check out the 3 Superbowl wins, the total destruction of Peyton manning in the playoffs in 2003 and 2004, the mastery of the Monday nighter vs Denver when he took a safety and the Pats d held and Pats scored winning TD in final minute.  All these moments of genius and many others showing his greatness are all available on videotape
    Posted by gapc

3* Superbowl* Wins*  -- too bad the Comish had to destroy the other videotapes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : 3* Superbowl* Wins*  -- too bad the Comish had to destroy the other videotapes.
    Posted by ebw343

Are the grapes really that sour?  Envy is oe of the Deadly Sins

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebw343. Show ebw343's posts

Envy is one of the Deadly Sins
    Posted by gapc

I love hypocrites.   No NFL fan outside of Boston envys the Pat*.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : I love hypocrites.   No NFL fan outside of Boston envys the Pat*.
    Posted by ebw343

Everyone envies excellence.  You wish you could brag about 3 Championships.  Are you a jealous Jest fan?  Disgruntled Dolphin fan?  Watch as New England steamrolls the NFL this year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Hey Laurie.. can I get a copy of that letter when you finish it?  I just want to show Vick the letter so that we both can get a good laugh at Gillette Stadium!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Vick will sign with the UFL or some other minor league team to tune up and probably get paid more than he would in the NFL.  He would be the marquee player for them.

O'Connell and Steven Guts are very solid prospects, both played as well or mostly better than Matt Cassell did in preseason, both are 6'5" tall, have good pocket presence and big arms.  O'Connell especially can run, he was the fastest QB in the draft.  The PAT's aren't going to taylor a role for Vick, as what...  an H back or Slash type role? 

We have too many great players and not enough roster spots as it is.  I think people are taking BillB's evasive answer to the extreme, tell me when has he ever telegraphed anything or let you know what he is really thinking..?

Sections
Shortcuts