Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Hey Bub. Thank goodness we can finally put this mess to bed. My S.O. came home Sunday morning and said that someone at work told him that the Patriots had signed Vick (via information they heard on the NFL Network on Sirius radio). I have to tell you, my heart sank. I said "No, that just can't be possible. I think he must have heard incorrectly because there has be absolutely no indication that this occurred on any of the sports stations, etc." Then I heard later in the day about Lemon and about what Mr. Kraft had said and I felt such a huge relief ! I said I knew it couldn't be true. So now I can just get on with looking forward to the season again. lol 
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

I never bought that BS about Vick being in Boston...even before I read that he had a court date in VA the same day! It was merely one of our trolls posting some BS from one of those "National Enquirer" type sports sites. I suppose they put up stuff like that because they know it will bring hits (especially from disbelievers like us, and also any trolls who use it to fuel their "wishful thinking") to their site, thus making them more attractive to potential advertisers. I think Mr. Kraft made it pretty clear his thoughts on the matter! While being totally "PC" about it, I suspect he had other reasons which he did not include in his interview! Although they say nothing is impossible, I don't expect such a dreaded thing to happen now. If BB had even the slightest interest in Vick I doubt Kraft would have gone public with his statement. He's a very smart guy, and that would make him look bad afterwards. So I think you are correct, we can all breathe a little easier on this subject. Though I'm sure all the haters and trolls are devastated by the turn of events! But they should be used to that, as once the season starts they will be even more devastated when the Patriots make another run at the Lombardi...and their sorry team once again struggles and hopes they can at least go 8-8!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I don't think they need a QB who hasn't played in two seasons and is going to upset a number of fans. I don't like him and at this point really don't think what he brings to the table is worth the distractions he'll cause.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

All this is for not, Vick isn't coming to the PATS.  O'Connell and Steve Guts both are solid prospects who have both been effective in preseason play, both are 6'5" with strong arms so we don't need a backup QB.  This is just people talking because they're bored...
    Posted by wozzy

With Kraft dismissing a Vick signing, I'll take this moment to pat myself on the back and give this post a bump.  C'mon people, he has a 53% career completion percentage with no hopes of getting any better throwing the ball, he was never a good QB but rather a guy who could just run really well from back there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : With Kraft dismissing a Vick signing, I'll take this moment to pat myself on the back and give this post a bump.  C'mon people, he has a 53% career completion percentage with no hopes of getting any better throwing the ball, he was never a good QB but rather a guy who could just run really well from back there.
    Posted by wozzy

Better be prepared to pat a lot of backs! Most of us "real" fans (by that I mean not the "outsiders" like Jbolt or UD, or trolls and bleeding hearts) had the same opinion on Vick. I think maybe the perception was that most of us were against Vick because of his criminal and sadistic off-field activities. But I have always made it clear (though a lot of the trollish posters called me a liar about it) that even were Vick a "model citizen" I would still be against signing him. Not only for his marginal at best play at the QB position, but also due to his lack of intelligence and what I believe is a bad fit for this team. This thread seemed to digress into more of a "moral" issue argument, and I think a lot of the obvious things related to actual football got lost. Either way you look at it, Kraft going public with his statement has quite a few of us here breathing a sigh of relief!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Until 1 of 2 things happen, I'll still hold out hope for Vick in NE. 
    1)  The End of the season arrives and he is still unsigned or
    2) Vick signs with another team.

Either way, no matter what happens, I'll still be rooting my boys to victory every week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Until 1 of 2 things happen, I'll still hold out hope for Vick in NE.  1)  The End of the season arrives and he is still unsigned or 2) Vick signs with another team. Either way, no matter what happens, I'll still be rooting my boys to victory every week.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo

You are persistent, I'll give you that. WRONG, but persistent! Hope away. But I think there's a better chance of the Lions winning SB44 than Vick coming to NE!

Sections
Shortcuts