Connor Barwin Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Connor Barwin Eagles

The Eagles are "on the verge" of a deal with free agent pass-rusher Connor Barwin.

The Eagles are in search of an edge rusher as they remake their defensive line, and Barwin would fit the bill. Greeted by a soft market, Barwin is probably wishing he didn't twice turn down extension offers from the Texans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Connor Barwin Eagles

Another 1 missed.  Don't know what the Pats are waiting for to add players on D.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Another 1 missed.  Don't know what the Pats are waiting for to add players on D.

Good job Pats 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

So frustrating the Pats can't be offseason Champs like those powerhouse Jets and Redskins teams.

GAH! Damn you and your model of consistenly competing and salary cap control!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I thought he would be a good fit for the Pats

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

New England does not run the 4/3 all the time. And who knows, BB just might go back to his roots with a 3/4.

New England may well be served returning to the 3/4 to protect the middle of the field. You do realize that Mayo and Spikes allowed pass plays to be completed on them almost 80% of the time, yes almost 80%.

It is important to also find a Field General at Strong Safety to help in this area as well.

I too thought Barwin would be a fit here and take Scotts place.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

LOL he got $6M/year... we really want NE to dish out those $'s for an average pass rusher who doesn't fit our scheme? 

The scheme we ended with on D this past January will not be the scheme on D we take the field with this September, at least it had better not be.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

connor barwin is just not that good. 6yrs and like 36mil for him. no thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

LOL he got $6M/year... we really want NE to dish out those $'s for an average pass rusher who doesn't fit our scheme? 

The scheme we ended with on D this past January will not be the scheme on D we take the field with this September, at least it had better not be.

even IF NE changes back to a 3-4 Barwin isn't worth the 6 years/$36M that Philly gave him. He played behind an elite front line in Houston and could only muster 3.5 sacks and he rushed the passer more than anyone.

You watchin' the money that's being handed out? Decent Vets are getting 4-6 mil per. Barwin had 2 pretty good years and 1 not so good. JJ gets the field time on that team. By today's standards Barwin got the type of deal that would be expected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

even IF NE changes back to a 3-4 Barwin isn't worth the 6 years/$36M that Philly gave him. He played behind an elite front line in Houston and could only muster 3.5 sacks and he rushed the passer more than anyone.

Why would they change to 3-4 when BB just drafted a 4-3 DE in Chandler Jones.. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Deal is only 8 mil guaranteed. Barwin won't see anything close to the 36 mil

This isn't baseball, guaranteed money is what matters most

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Even if we ran a 3/4 full time Ninc and Chandler Jones are entrenched there, we have more depth at OLB than just about any position... give me a break.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

idk i never said they should... 

MY bad i was more concurring with what you where saying. Just thought id put that out there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Well for one Jones may not be big enough for a 4/3 system and may well be better suited for a 3/4 where his outside speed may work better.

But, as I mentioned, you do realize that the Pats are very soft in the underbelly? You simply can't allow Mayo and Spikes to give up passing yardage damn near 80% of the time. That can't happen and it won't be allowed to happen. A 3/4 would help greatly in this regard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

One more thing about Barwin

he played DE in college, and part of why BB liked him was for his ability to be a 3/4 olb and 4/3 de...and played some TE

kind of a Vrabel type guy.

if you thought Amendola was good value, I don't see why this guy isnt

8 mil guaranteed on a 6 year contract is very little

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Even if we ran a 3/4 full time Ninc and Chandler Jones are entrenched there, we have more depth at OLB than just about any position... give me a break.

Well Woz sorry but I don't care who's entrenched there, what's there ain't working. This nonsense with no pass rush and giving up pass plays over the middle almost 80% of the time must stop. The changed out Welker so as much as I like Nink he's a tweener that may not be a correct fit.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Well Woz sorry but I don't care who's entrenched there, what's there ain't working. This nonsense with no pass rush and giving up pass plays over the middle almost 80% of the time must stop. The changed out Welker so as much as I like Nink he's a tweener that may not be a correct fit.

What's there isn't working because we don't have three #1 picks across the D Line like we did in the early years, another 1st round pick should remedy that.  

Jones and Ninc will be one of the better 3/4 tandems in the NFL with some beef in the middle.

Sections
Shortcuts