Connor Barwin Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Connor Barwin Eagles

He was not a full time starter this past season. He also plays a legit OLB and DE. He still caused pressure problems when he was on the field and may not always get credit for a sack per say. Don't get hung up on pure stats and counting beans. Doesn't always tell the story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

ah, i see.. just 8 mil guaranteed. didnt see the guaranteed part, i just figured it was probably around the 16 range or so. good point. so you keep an average guy for 2 years and then cut him. my point was, barwin doesnt suck, but hes nothing spectacular... i am not gonna lose any sleep over us not getting barwin.

we have a far bigger need for an interior pass rusher. our edge rushers could use a boost, sure, you can never have too many obviously, but we arent in desperate need for an edge rusher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Well Woz sorry but I don't care who's entrenched there, what's there ain't working. This nonsense with no pass rush and giving up pass plays over the middle almost 80% of the time must stop. The changed out Welker so as much as I like Nink he's a tweener that may not be a correct fit.

What's there isn't working because we don't have three #1 picks across the D Line like we did in the early years, another 1st round pick should remedy that.  

Jones and Ninc will be one of the better 3/4 tandems in the NFL with some beef in the middle.

I understand what your sayin Woz but again staus quo even with a # 1 pick ain't gonna work. I have never seen middle guys give up pass plays almost 80% of the time. Mayo and Spikes won't be getting faster in the off season so it will be more of the same next year.

All I'm sayin' is I believe we ain't seen the last of the 3/4 in NE.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

2 prior years were very good, his rookie year outstanding. You want to damn him on one off year...that's fine.

He ain't coming here so it's moot now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I understand what your sayin Woz but again staus quo even with a # 1 pick ain't gonna work. I have never seen middle guys give up pass plays almost 80% of the time. Mayo and Spikes won't be getting faster in the off season so it will be more of the same next year. 

All I'm sayin' is I believe we ain't seen the last of the 3/4 in NE.

We've led the league or been in the top 3 in Interceptions for three straight years... we don't sack or get off the field early and often enough, bigger, tougher in the middle will solve all of the above and make coverage easier because we won't have to cover as long.  Hope you're right about the 3/4, I've been calling for that for years now...