Conspiracies against BB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Conspiracies against BB!

Russ - as frequently as I disagree with you, you do deserve the right to defend yourself fully when called out. 

Babe employed one of his common tactics which is to start a kerfuffle and then run away when he can't defend his position.

Babe was away for a couple of months (incarceration?) but is now back in full force and has quickly resumed his pot stirring ways. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Here's the thing, I really have no faith in anyone that will blame Brady for post season failures. This is just basic football knowledge stuff. How can you not see what this guy does for the team? How do you claim to watch so much football and not see what it's like for other teams playing with subpar quarterbacks? This guy gives us such a HUGE HUGE advantage over everyone else. This guy has personally put 10 GMs and 16 head coaches out of work over the last ten years in our division. He has covered up the poor defensive play of this team for nearly five years now - everyone across this country can see how bad we've been on defense, yet rusty runs around blaming Brady. Laughable.

Ask Belichick what he thinks about Tom Brady, he'll tell you he is the best player he has ever coached and is a better player now than he was 5 years ago. He said that just 4 moths ago. I wonder what he would say about Patrick Chung if he was ever asked about him? I wonder if he would say he made our defense better, like rusty ran around saying for the last three years? I doubt it - I think Belichick spoke loud and clear regarding Chung when he never even offered him a league minimum contract to stay here and "improve our defense" this off season. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Here's the thing, I really have no faith in anyone that will blame Brady for post season failures. This is just basic football knowledge stuff. How can you not see what this guy does for the team? How do you claim to watch so much football and not see what it's like for other teams playing with subpar quarterbacks? This guy gives us such a HUGE HUGE advantage over everyone else. This guy has personally put 10 GMs and 16 head coaches out of work over the last ten years in our division. He has covered up the poor defensive play of this team for nearly five years now - everyone across this country can see how bad we've been on defense, yet rusty runs around blaming Brady. Laughable.

Ask Belichick what he thinks about Tom Brady, he'll tell you he is the best player he has ever coached and is a better player now than he was 5 years ago. He said that just 4 moths ago. I wonder what he would say about Patrick Chung if he was ever asked about him? I wonder if he would say he made our defense better, like rusty ran around saying for the last three years? I doubt it - I think Belichick spoke loud and clear regarding Chung when he never even offered him a league minimum contract to stay here and "improve our defense" this off season. 

Mthurl - I'll agree with you, but the idea that Brady is at fault is at the basis of all of the criticism this board has levied on Peyton Manning all these years as well as the basis for all of the praise heaped on Brady for the superbowl wins. 

All of this is derived from common football debates, and someone always asks the question - how many championships does he have?  I've argued against such thinking for years because even as important as QB's are, they neither play defense nor special teams, and they are not asked to block or tackle.  Obviously, my protestations were met with ridicule.  Now, however, for many, that tune is changing due to the pats coming up short.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Russ - as frequently as I disagree with you, you do deserve the right to defend yourself fully when called out. 

Babe employed one of his common tactics which is to start a kerfuffle and then run away when he can't defend his position.

Babe was away for a couple of months (incarceration?) but is now back in full force and has quickly resumed his pot stirring ways. 

UD,

You have been around a long time and on occasion, you have been a respectable poster but c'mon.......

This ties right in with your PM is better than TB agenda and naturally you are going to agree.

Let me ask you this.  How many threads have you read where psycho here, hasn't ruined a thread with his "It's all TB's fault", psycho babble?  It's on every thread, every day.

Defend himself?  Laughable!!!!!  He starts it each and every day.

There is no defense for that unless you consider the "Insanity plea".

In that case, it is HE that needs to be institutionalized.  Not the people who have to deal with his sickness, morning, noon and night, 365/7 (even on X Mas) and ever since people started wondering about the sub-par defensive product that BB has put in play for years now.

He attacks Brady the same way he attacks the media and each and every poster that he has the slightest inkling,  is insulting his Master,  true or perceived. 

Mostly the latter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have him on ignore 5 out of 7 days a week...the other 2 days I slap him around and bloody him up a bit, but the 5 days on ignore make the board much more enjoyable....

Today he is on ignore, and I am sure he is following me around on my every post making annoying comments.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

And yes, when Chung and Spikes returned in the postseason, yes, I had said just wait. They played very well. Very well. Spikes had an INT in the title game, which probably should have iced it, but your boyfriend Tom was careless and apparently wanted to make it interesting.

THanks Sterling Moore!  Hey, Hurl, where is Sterling Moore today?  He played better in thart game than Brady.

lol

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Geeze.  Wonder why BB didn't trade Brady and keep Sterling Moore? 

What kind of sucky GM lets a player like Sterling Moore, go and keeps a pitiful QB like that?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

C'mon Russ, not again With this Brady stuff...sure. He and everyone else could have played better..I don't think both SB loses are solely on him.

Until you stand in the pocket , seeing things collapse on you and at he same time  recievers with barely any separation, needing to make the decision in a fraction of a second  to throw the ball away, take a sack or fire it to someone think is about to get open then it is difficult to talk about under/overperforming.

My take is the 2 SBs and some of the recent playoff losses Brady had very little margin in time or space for much of those games. Things were congested around the line of scrimmage and those were very active defenses makeing big plays. Brady plays on the edge in his ability to process defenses, I think with a little less time he gets into the not humanly possible realm.

My take is it has not been Bradys fault as much as the way the offense has been set up. They are set up to either score at will or be nearly shut down...is where I agree with Rusty..the under center based O will be more consistent.

Also don't know why it needs to be Brady or BB that should get he credit for the sucess here. If you have one great player OR a great coach it does not give you a 12 year run of winnig the division and making the playoffs nearly every year...you need both a HOF QB and HOF  coach.

I agree.  Talk to Babe. He started the thread. What he tries to do is put all of it on BB, as if he's on some personal quest to keep Brady's internet legacy pristine. It's absolutely bizarre.

Most Pats at this point, ones that are honest and knowledgeable, at least admit Brady has to be better.

I don't understand why it's a debate or why it should be just glossed over either. It's so much easier to attach it to BB's wagon, because it's what the media tries to do anyway.

It's why the Lundbald articles got 6 fan comments underneath it and why BB's draft articles or any other article, like after a loss where our offense scores 13 or 14 points, they all run in to blame BB, exclusively.

I want the players accountable more so than BB.

Switch BB and TB in your second sentence and you just described yourself.

You don't hold the players accountable.  You blame ONE player in an attempt to deflect blame on the coach and GM, who is ultimately responsible for his team.  TEAM!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Coaching in the last SB and playoff loss were pathetic.  I still like BB and all that stuff but nobody in their right minds can not deny the coaching was darn right pathetic in those games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

And yes, when Chung and Spikes returned in the postseason, yes, I had said just wait. They played very well. Very well. Spikes had an INT in the title game, which probably should have iced it, but your boyfriend Tom was careless and apparently wanted to make it interesting.

THanks Sterling Moore!  Hey, Hurl, where is Sterling Moore today?  He played better in thart game than Brady.

lol

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Geeze.  Wonder why BB didn't trade Brady and keep Sterling Moore? 

What kind of sucky GM lets a player like Sterling Moore, go and keeps a pitiful QB like that?

Truth does hurt. In the 2011 AFC title game

Moore>Brady

I never said Sterling Moore was better at CB than Brady at QB.

Great reading skills, Pezzy. You should be proud with other moronic buddies who also gloss over the Brady problem.

And I never said you said that!  I said SM is no longer with the team and TB is!  Hell, you even said that you dope!

BTW. SM gave up the 23 yard pass that allowed them in the EZ to begin with and I believe it was him that allowed the last TD too!  And once again Brady had the lead after he dove into the EZ and nearly got decapitated and the D nearly blew it again. 

In fact they have Cundiff to thank.

So, why did BB cut a brilliant player like SM, again?  What is wrong with him?

Um, you are the one with the reading problem. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

They haven't won because a whole range of things went wrong; injuries, poor play calling, loss of momentum, fumbles, missed assignments and not the least of which is the team opposite them. Jints might be a troll from another team but the fact remains those defenders on the other side of the ball get paid to stop you, they deserve some credit while were at it.  

You guys are always looking for the black cat hiding around the corner as to why we didn't a ring, the answer is simple, 32 teams are trying to accomplish the same thing and the team standing at the end had the right amount of luck, health and good play to accomplish this.  It isn't simply that we were talent deficient from poor drafts (dumb premise) or that Brady is a malcontent selfish superstar (equally as dumb). 

Yes, this can't be said enough. It's about peaking in the postseason. Look at nearly every SB winner (and some that came up just short, like Arizona a few years ago), they weren't the best teams, they didn't have the best personnel or any of that, they didn't even necessarily have the best health. They just caught fire at the exact right time, they got some breaks (e.g., Rahim Moore losing his grip on reality vs. Jacoby Jones) and they capitalized.

The Pats caught some lousy breaks the last few years (Gronk, for example), made uncharacteristic mistakes (e.g., Welker) and simply weren't playing their best football in the playoffs. 

It's not complicated, and it's simply wrong to say that if they had signed Dashon Goldson or drafted somebody other than Tavon Wilson or Ron Brace, that they'd have won more SBs. There's just no evidence of that, whatsoever.

That about sums it up to the rational, non-agenda posters here.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Coaching in the last SB and playoff loss were pathetic.  I still like BB and all that stuff but nobody in their right minds can not deny the coaching was darn right pathetic in those games.

I would respectfully disagree. The coaching in SB 42 was pathetic. They never adjusted to fronts and stunts that Spagnolo threw at them.

In SB 46 it was an execution issue with players not stepping up in the key moments.

Then again I been told by some I am not in my right mind

Well, that can not be denied!  LOL, just kidding.

46 had it's player errors but coaching is to blame too.  They had a couple of weeks to prepare for Gronk being hurt and they didn't have an answer.  No back up plan for him.  

How can you score an ave of 32 ppg during regular season and 34 ppg during playoffs and then only 17 in the biggest game of the season?  More to it then players error.  Being out coached was a big part of it.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.