Conspiracies against BB!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Conspiracies against BB!

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Russ - as frequently as I disagree with you, you do deserve the right to defend yourself fully when called out. 

Babe employed one of his common tactics which is to start a kerfuffle and then run away when he can't defend his position.

Babe was away for a couple of months (incarceration?) but is now back in full force and has quickly resumed his pot stirring ways. 

UD,

You have been around a long time and on occasion, you have been a respectable poster but c'mon.......

This ties right in with your PM is better than TB agenda and naturally you are going to agree.

Let me ask you this.  How many threads have you read where psycho here, hasn't ruined a thread with his "It's all TB's fault", psycho babble?  It's on every thread, every day.

Defend himself?  Laughable!!!!!  He starts it each and every day.

There is no defense for that unless you consider the "Insanity plea".

In that case, it is HE that needs to be institutionalized.  Not the people who have to deal with his sickness, morning, noon and night, 365/7 (even on X Mas) and ever since people started wondering about the sub-par defensive product that BB has put in play for years now.

He attacks Brady the same way he attacks the media and each and every poster that he has the slightest inkling,  is insulting his Master,  true or perceived. 

Mostly the latter.

Pezz - look - you know I think Brady is one of the greatest QB's ever, as I think Manning is.  In general, what separates them are the individual accolades Manning has received vs. the team accolades Brady has received. 

If you claim Brady is great because of his team accolades then you have to ding him for his team failures.  If you claim he is great for his individual then you have to ding him for his individual failures. 

Russ is over the top with his Brady hate and BB ball washing.  The opposite is true of Babe, and in this case, Babe started the thread and the only purpose for doing so was to stir the pot.  I rarely see Babe being genuine anymore.  On the other hand, Rusty is occassionally genuine.  His problem is that he posts 10x more than anyone else and 80% of them are disingenuous drivel, but at least I occassionally see it.

I am an equal opportunity guy who holds few long term grudges.  If you are right on a subject I wish to comment on, I'll say it.  If I think you are wrong, I'll say it. 

So here are my thoughts on Brady and Belichick-recently. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks, the fact that the team is still relevant says alot about both.  Brady can and does carry the team frequently.  The defense has been and still is a shell of its former self.  This gets exposed when the team finally plays another good team when its all on the line.  I watched the same thing happen with Manning. 

Brady and Manning are both great - great enough to think that they can take over a game and carry a team - except when they can't - and when that happens - frequently in the playoffs - they press and come up short. 

Belichick deserves a ton of credit despite his paranoia shortcomings.  He handles his team incredibly well, gives malcontents chances who sometimes thrive but quickly dispenses of them when they fail, and does a good job with personnel and cap management. 

Both Brady and Belichick were fortunate with the coming together of the defensive personnel in the early 2000's.  Both of guys demonstrate winning capabilities, but neither can do it on their own.  That defense was fantastic and a perfect fit for Belichick.  Probably once in a lifetime.  As good as Belichick is, he may never bring together a conglomeration of such great team players at the same time as was there early in the 2000's. 

Once Brady leaves, the whole thing could fall apart unless they are lucky like the colts or like the packers.  It could happen. 

Here's as telling a thing as I can say - had it not been for the pats, I think the colts and Manning would have at least 3 or more superbowls to their names. 

now - this has become and incoherent ramble but I am posting it anyway.  In the end, Rusty deserves some slack sometimes (sometimes), and, in the case of this thread, Babe started the trash talk.  If that trash talk had been directed at you, then you would have deserved the right to defend yourself as well, and I would have championed that cause.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Here's the thing, I really have no faith in anyone that will blame Brady for post season failures. This is just basic football knowledge stuff. How can you not see what this guy does for the team? How do you claim to watch so much football and not see what it's like for other teams playing with subpar quarterbacks? This guy gives us such a HUGE HUGE advantage over everyone else. This guy has personally put 10 GMs and 16 head coaches out of work over the last ten years in our division. He has covered up the poor defensive play of this team for nearly five years now - everyone across this country can see how bad we've been on defense, yet rusty runs around blaming Brady. Laughable.

Ask Belichick what he thinks about Tom Brady, he'll tell you he is the best player he has ever coached and is a better player now than he was 5 years ago. He said that just 4 moths ago. I wonder what he would say about Patrick Chung if he was ever asked about him? I wonder if he would say he made our defense better, like rusty ran around saying for the last three years? I doubt it - I think Belichick spoke loud and clear regarding Chung when he never even offered him a league minimum contract to stay here and "improve our defense" this off season. 

Mthurl - I'll agree with you, but the idea that Brady is at fault is at the basis of all of the criticism this board has levied on Peyton Manning all these years as well as the basis for all of the praise heaped on Brady for the superbowl wins. 

All of this is derived from common football debates, and someone always asks the question - how many championships does he have?  I've argued against such thinking for years because even as important as QB's are, they neither play defense nor special teams, and they are not asked to block or tackle.  Obviously, my protestations were met with ridicule.  Now, however, for many, that tune is changing due to the pats coming up short.  

Exactly.  Would rather not be a hypocrite and right than  a hypocrite and wrong at the same time.

I keep bringing up the idea that Gomer was hurting your team a lot more than helping in the postseason as an example.

I also mention his handing off to Addai/Rhodes in SB 41 is why they won that SB. It's not a knock on Gomer, it was the right thing to do!

Who cares about stats and scoring quickly???!

I am telling ya, this all started with the 200t season Brady had statistically. Some of our fans are happier with his fantasy football stats than what he does in Janaury and February. It's just sick.

You see russ - I actually disagree with your premise.  I still do see it as a team sport.  Therefore, I see the team winning and losing together.  I can point to too many colts examples where the defense completely failed the offense.  Has Manning had shortcomings - absolutely, but when your defense lacks ability whats the guy with the expectations to do?  Brady is currently in the same boat, and regarding both of them, I think they've had to press to try to win because they didn't have enough help elsewhere.  On the other hand, when Brady and the pats were winning, he had enormous help - never down by more than 7 in the playoffs (i think) and rarely down by more than 3.  That's help.  The game is just too much of a team game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In general, what separates them are the individual accolades Manning has received vs. the team accolades Brady has received. 

Zip it troll. Everybody hates you here.

What is a team accolade troll?

funny thing is, UD6 probobaly adds more insight to this forum than you do and you have over 10,000 posts.

Zip it gramps/troll, everybody hates you here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In general, what separates them are the individual accolades Manning has received vs. the team accolades Brady has received. 

funny thing is, UD6 probobaly adds more insight to this forum than you do and you have over 10,000 posts.

No they don't. Far more hate you Rusty. Far more than hate even the Colts' troll. You provide less than zero here.

In any vote, you would be trounced.

the fact that you still think im rusty is just sad. goes to show how insane you are in that little brain of yours. the board was much better off without you, now that you are back, we are back to the same old bullsh.it. please, for the sake of the board, leave....and take your TB12 blowup doll with you....oh and this time, no "visits". clown.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just want to know how many accounts Rusty has on this forum?  Anyone care to list them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

1. The league in collusion with Bob Kraft agreed to "punish" the Patriots for something that was a league wide issue with all teams breaking what had always been a rule but wasn't enforced, thus taking away a 1st round pick from a team that had just gone back to back as champions and could afford to take the punishment with two #1 picks.

2. The media dislikes Belichick since his days in Cleveland for being bland, disingenuous, misleading and generally unhelpful in their attempt to gain information about his teams.  In his defense he does it to the betterment of his team.

3. The Patriot's are the most poached team in terms of both coaching and player talent, it has been the biggest deterrent in their quest for their next Super Bowl.

Rusty has all sorts of wild theories, the most ridiculous is that it's Brady's fault they can't win another Super Bowl, as dumb as that sounds it's not any more ridiculous than your notion that BB owes all his success to Brady.  

Football is the ultimate team sport, from owner, to coach, to player all the way down to the strength coaches and water boys.  It has rosters that when you include practice squad players range up to 60+ players, when you include the rest of the staff you're talking management and payroll for hundreds of people.

Winning a Super Bowl is not easy, even if Belichick has made it seem easy and spoiled a hanful of fans here.  

All the nitpicking and sniping amongst "fans" here would be funny if it weren't so pathetic, try to remember the 80's the next time you decide to knock our coaches or players.

Good post...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I am a huge BB fan. However don't you have to admit he has struggled nightly with the defense over the last 3 years from both coaching and the Front Office? Granted the d's looks like it is turning around but let's be honest it cost them a Superbowl.

My take is this.  We had statistically one of the better defenses in the NFL from 2000-2009.  It couldn't go on forever.  Guys get old.  Look at the 2007 defense which was the last one of those defenses that we went to the SB with.  Wilfork is still on the team and with the exception of Samuel and Seymour literally every single other guy on that roster is out of the league (and Seymour could be done now).  Having to turn over that many guys is hard, particularly since the Pats have continued to win at such a high clip that they get hurt in terms of draft position.  Maybe the transition could have been a bit smoother if a few more draft picks panned out, but despite the bumps I think we have a nice core of young guys on D and we were a few plays away from winning another SB.  I think we have things pretty good all things considered.

Good post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

They haven't won because a whole range of things went wrong; injuries, poor play calling, loss of momentum, fumbles, missed assignments and not the least of which is the team opposite them. Jints might be a troll from another team but the fact remains those defenders on the other side of the ball get paid to stop you, they deserve some credit while were at it.  

You guys are always looking for the black cat hiding around the corner as to why we didn't a ring, the answer is simple, 32 teams are trying to accomplish the same thing and the team standing at the end had the right amount of luck, health and good play to accomplish this.  It isn't simply that we were talent deficient from poor drafts (dumb premise) or that Brady is a malcontent selfish superstar (equally as dumb). 

Yes, this can't be said enough. It's about peaking in the postseason. Look at nearly every SB winner (and some that came up just short, like Arizona a few years ago), they weren't the best teams, they didn't have the best personnel or any of that, they didn't even necessarily have the best health. They just caught fire at the exact right time, they got some breaks (e.g., Rahim Moore losing his grip on reality vs. Jacoby Jones) and they capitalized.

The Pats caught some lousy breaks the last few years (Gronk, for example), made uncharacteristic mistakes (e.g., Welker) and simply weren't playing their best football in the playoffs. 

It's not complicated, and it's simply wrong to say that if they had signed Dashon Goldson or drafted somebody other than Tavon Wilson or Ron Brace, that they'd have won more SBs. There's just no evidence of that, whatsoever.

Some good points

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Conspiracies against BB!??

The guy cheated the greatest game ever played.

How he is still is coaching in the NFL is the true conspiracy!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I still like Belichick more than that coke-snorting rapist Lawrence Taylor (Is cocaine a PED?) or child abuser Michael Boley (whose crime was covered up by Giants brass for 2 years).

Stay Classy Giants Fans !

http://www.inquisitr.com/645763/michael-boley-arrested-former-giants-lb-pleads-guilty-to-child-abuse-charge/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Here's the thing, I really have no faith in anyone that will blame Brady for post season failures. This is just basic football knowledge stuff. How can you not see what this guy does for the team? How do you claim to watch so much football and not see what it's like for other teams playing with subpar quarterbacks? This guy gives us such a HUGE HUGE advantage over everyone else. This guy has personally put 10 GMs and 16 head coaches out of work over the last ten years in our division. He has covered up the poor defensive play of this team for nearly five years now - everyone across this country can see how bad we've been on defense, yet rusty runs around blaming Brady. Laughable.

Ask Belichick what he thinks about Tom Brady, he'll tell you he is the best player he has ever coached and is a better player now than he was 5 years ago. He said that just 4 moths ago. I wonder what he would say about Patrick Chung if he was ever asked about him? I wonder if he would say he made our defense better, like rusty ran around saying for the last three years? I doubt it - I think Belichick spoke loud and clear regarding Chung when he never even offered him a league minimum contract to stay here and "improve our defense" this off season. 

Mthurl - I'll agree with you, but the idea that Brady is at fault is at the basis of all of the criticism this board has levied on Peyton Manning all these years as well as the basis for all of the praise heaped on Brady for the superbowl wins. 

All of this is derived from common football debates, and someone always asks the question - how many championships does he have?  I've argued against such thinking for years because even as important as QB's are, they neither play defense nor special teams, and they are not asked to block or tackle.  Obviously, my protestations were met with ridicule.  Now, however, for many, that tune is changing due to the pats coming up short.  

A very good post

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No they don't. Far more hate you Rusty. Far more than hate even the Colts' troll. You provide less than zero here.

the fact that you still think im rusty is just sad. goes to show how insane you are in that little brain of yours. the board was much better off without you, now that you are back, we are back to the same old bullsh.it. please, for the sake of the board, leave....and take your TB12 blowup doll with you....oh and this time, no "visits". clown.

You've convinced me to stay. Pat yourself on the back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I just want to know how many accounts Rusty has on this forum?  Anyone care to list them?

Well, we know for a fact he has had somewhere around 20 just from the bannings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rusty has all sorts of wild theories, the most ridiculous is that it's Brady's fault they can't win another Super Bowl, as dumb as that sounds it's not any more ridiculous than your notion that BB owes all his success to Brady.  

I never said he owes all his success to Brady. Most of it? Yes.

Explain how you see that fact as ridiculous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The censorship of this thread is incomprehensible.

But be sure to let the Colts' troll fire away with both barrels. LMAO@U

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Babe - in his most honest moment.  He's not here to discuss or debate - just to derail and distract. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe - in his most honest moment.  He's not here to discuss or debate - just to derail and distract. 

Let the world know. What are you here for troll?

It appears your only contribution to this thread has been to derail and distract. Since you haven't even touched upon the subject of the thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have him on ignore 5 out of 7 days a week...the other 2 days I slap him around and bloody him up a bit, but the 5 days on ignore make the board much more enjoyable....

Today he is on ignore, and I am sure he is following me around on my every post making annoying comments.

He has annoying down pat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Let the world know. What are you here for troll?

It appears your only contribution to this thread has been to derail and distract. Since you haven't even touched upon the subject of the thread.

I love irony. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50