CONTRARIAN DILEMMA: WHAT IF TB ENDORSED CHICK-FIL-A?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CONTRARIAN DILEMMA: WHAT IF TB ENDORSED CHICK-FIL-A?

as the de facto CONTRARIAN moral conscience of this board, i cant believe the problem some have with compartmentalizing. personally, i lean towards a true libertarian view of inclusion for all, i dont like faiths or ideologies  that specialize in exclusions esp in the public square. however, its ultimately their right. its funny how many rail against a chick-fil-a yet have no beef with ANY theistic organization opening up in their community. all of them ultimately specialize in "hate" and exclusion by default.

anywho, i would have less beef if the founder was NOT the actual coo and chairman. thats a lot of power. i dont see how one reasonably expects to separate the personal from the business. you think those who get promoted will be non-christians? you think a muslim has any shot of rising to the top? you think an open non-theist does? can you imagine if we were railing against miscenagation or race-mixing, or aginst jewish people or any other major social issue? anyone doubts y slavery and american apartheid took or have taken so long to end?

chick-fil-a appreciation day was an overwhelming success as tons of americans and i'm sure many of them were pats fans stood by the side of "hate" and intolerance over the jilted minority. mr. cathy is WRONG and like with those who stood by as slavery happened, these bitter-ender cave types will also soon be embarassed by history. ditto with all those railing against including birth control in women's health packages. theism is always the convenient excuse used to promote intolerance. well, its against my "faith" to stand by any other "faith" that uses intolerance as a calling card against others.. period! if tb ever did this, i would expect the pats to maximize separation proceedings from him and their brand. i hope the great mayor menino can hold his ground on this issue.

any business with a ceo or chair picking the side of intolerance and hate is not worthy of having a business expand into a bawston.. period! cities like teams and endorsers are a brand, they must be clear what their values are. does chick-fil-a have the right to exist? sure.. just not in my neck of the woods!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: CONTRARIAN DILEMMA: WHAT IF TB ENDORSED CHICK-FIL-A?

I'm sorry to hear you can't get married CC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You obviously want to talk politics and just keep inserting the Patriots into matters that have nothing to do with the Patriots.  Why don't you post this in the Politics thread, here's a link to get there.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a9523

Mods please remove this nonsense from the Patriots board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CONTRARIAN DILEMMA: WHAT IF TB ENDORSED CHICK-FIL-A?:
    You obviously want to talk politics and just keep inserting the Patriots into matters that have nothing to do with the Patriots.  Why don't you post this in the Politics thread, here's a link to get there. http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a9523 Mods please remove this nonsense from the Patriots board.
    Posted by shenanigan
    sorry mr. naive, the PATS are a major part of the political fabric of the region and country. heck, y do you think someone picked the name "patriots" in the first place? a patriot is ultimate a political issue. if they decide to have a chick-fil-a at gillette, that too would be a POLITICAL issue. just want fellow pats fans thinking about the bigger pic as wel as the smaller football-specific one. this board can handle some diversity of threads.. no? i'm about exposing the TYRANNY of the MAJORITY my friend... sometimes the majority gets it right, sometimes just weany sheep as in this case. ultimately, thats just my opinion. i have a right to post it in addition to my next trade on the softer side of belichick or about how Tb is the best ever or something along those lines. its a question of proponderance and proportionality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

nobody is naive or sensitive contrarian. You are a total tool. In the past you claimed to be a middle class white guy, a poor white guy, a black guy, a working class black guy, and now a h0m0?! You are everything but a contrarian. You may want to look that word up. You are a moronic craftsman tool with a capital T!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

nobody is naive or sensitive contrarian. You are a total tool. In the past you claimed to be a middle class white guy, a poor white guy, a black guy, a working class black guy, and now a h0m0?! You are everything but a contrarian. You may want to look that word up. You are a moronic craftsman tool with a capital T!!
    Posted by Quagmire3

I agree. You are not the contrarian moral conscience for this board, you are a tool who constantly posts irrelvant drivel and then tries to reframe it around current events. Remember, you are the idiot who tried to defend Sandusky, saying he was railroaded, and then when he was found guilty, changed your mind and said he was not railroaded, he was obviously guilty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yeah yeah yeah what if you endorsed Syrian President-For-Life Assad? 

Ain't gonna happen.  Brady's agent will steer him away from seriously damaging endorsements, and Brady has never shown any wild compulsion to be highly political in that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: CONTRARIAN DILEMMA: WHAT IF TB ENDORSED CHICK-FIL-A? : sorry mr. naive, the PATS are a major part of the political fabric of the region and country. heck, y do you think someone picked the name "patriots" in the first place? a patriot is ultimate a political issue. if they decide to have a chick-fil-a at gillette, that too would be a POLITICAL issue. just want fellow pats fans thinking about the bigger pic as wel as the smaller football-specific one. this board can handle some diversity of threads....[further blather deleted for the reader's convenience]

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Not sure I've ever read a post that more perfectly proved the exact point (shenanigan's) that it was intended to rebuke. Bravo CC!

Here's the thing about free speech my Marxist amigo, the exact same principals that allow you to post your nonsense on this board apply to Dan Cathy. You don't like what he says, don't buy his chicken. But too bad for you, you have to tolerate opposing views just like we must put up with your drivel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by Quagmire3
    guilty for GOING with the white guy thing when i first started but have made it very clear that i am in fact a a very straight middle class black man in the baltimore area who lived in NH for 20 + years after moving down for college from NY who runs his own marketing management company who has to interact with all groups, races, genders and lifestyles in the public forum.

how much more blunt truth do u need for a guy on an "anonymous" board? when have i said i'm a h0m0? you likely were yelling n-lover to those brave non-blak souls marching for civil rights or whipped for men who grasp the need for public and LEGAL equality for the non-penised sex. wake up! fair and just is fair and just. if the contrarian were a law firm, he would fight for the tea party to march as much as al sharpton's or farrakhan's right to march or even the kkk (if peaceful). do i like any of the groups or individuals i just mentioned? no.. but keeping it fair protects my freedom and makes it fairer and more just environment for us all. you are worse than a tool, you are a TROLLLL!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

My dog gets dirty when it rains because its small and french.Same with a ex girlfriend.
    Posted by sod11

I think this post should be the last word on this subject.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

I must be totally lost out here in Boise. What did Chick-Fil-A do ??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I must be totally lost out here in Boise. What did Chick-Fil-A do ??
    Posted by BoisesBiggestPatsFan

They spoke out against CC getting married.  But they did say they are nonetheless glad he won't propagate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

I'm for gay marrage, but their statements have had no impact me me deciding where I would get my fast food.  Tom Brady endorsing them would still have no impact on where I get my food

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

"as the de facto CONTRARIAN moral conscience of this board..."

Nope, wrong again.  De facto villiage idiot I can buy.  A de facto "contrarian moral conscience" would require at least two brain cells, rubbed together to for a cognitive thought.  You've proven time and time again, you're mercifully free of the "tools" required in this area.  That said, I'd love to know what color the sky is in your world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

They refused to sell gerbils to CC to stick in his as*hole. He claims that's discrimination, & not animal abuse & endangerment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

lots of hatred in this thread -- lots of hatred in the world. 

sad to see.

Sections
Shortcuts