CONTRARIAN fact: Apart from wins, BRADY and PEYTON are nearly identical in PLAYOFF stats!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: CONTRARIAN fact: Apart from wins, BRADY and PEYTON are nearly identical in PLAYOFF stats!

TD/INT ratio is significantly different. 30% more TD passes is a huge difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: CONTRARIAN fact: Apart from wins, BRADY and PEYTON are nearly identical in PLAYOFF stats!

A good way to think about it is to imagine the two swapping teams. Payton with the Pats would possibly have been just as good as Brady in terms of achievements, in my opinion. The problem with Payton with the Colts is that his paycheck was such a large part of a small market team's total budget, there was not enough left over for a great defense. BB could afford to spend a bit more on other players. Brady, frankly, helped bring this about by restructuring his own deal at least once, and maybe twice.

Having said all this, I would rather have Brady on my team than any other quarterback, past or present. The guy is supremely driven to win, to the exclusion of any personal accolades. That makes him tough to beat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

A good way to think about it is to imagine the two swapping teams. Payton with the Pats would possibly have been just as good as Brady in terms of achievements, in my opinion. The problem with Payton with the Colts is that his paycheck was such a large part of a small market team's total budget, there was not enough left over for a great defense. BB could afford to spend a bit more on other players. Brady, frankly, helped bring this about by restructuring his own deal at least once, and maybe twice.

Having said all this, I would rather have Brady on my team than any other quarterback, past or present. The guy is supremely driven to win, to the exclusion of any personal accolades. That makes him tough to beat.

The colts, like the Pats spent to the cap every year so it was not that the Pats had a higher priced team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

The TD/INT ratio is worlds apart.  In playoff games, you can't be turning the ball over if you are a future hall of famer.  Pick six against NO in the superbowl?  Yeah.  INT on the following drive in the endzone?  Yeah.  I'll take Brady, thank you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

In response to neinmd's comment:

The colts, like the Pats spent to the cap every year so it was not that the Pats had a higher priced team.

Peyton represented a much larger persentage of Colts cap in 2011 than Brady did of Patriots cap. Colts cap in 2011 was $115M, Patriots was $102M. Peyton's last contract (July 2011) with the Colts was for an annual cap number of $23M, Brady's cap number for 2011 was $8M. Peyton represented over 20% of the Colts' cap, Brady was less than 8%.

Your point that the two teams have comparable caps is valid. However, I think Peyton's contract was more injurious to the Colts in building a balanced team than Brady's was to the Patriots. I suppose it makes the point that Tom is more interested in building a winning team around him than maximizing his take. In the open market, it stands to reason that he could make Peyton type numbers.

What we can all agree on is that as Patriots fans, we would not exchange Tom Brady for any other QB in the league.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Please dont compare Brady to Gomer. 

Thx.,

Examiner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

TDs to interceptions dude, keep saying that until you understand it better. 

Peyton has rarely outplayed Tom head to head in a playoff game. His brother, however, did it twice - in the biggest game of all. 

Time to put down the slide rule and watch the games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

one has 3 rings, the other has 1. Not even close. CC is still an attention seeking tool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I would take Brady over any other QB in the league. I think he s by far the most dedicated and giving QB out there. the fact that he restructured his contract so he good get better players not once but twice says a lot. He is not a selfish player and knows that he's only as good by the talent around him. He is a we guy instead of I, Peyton is all about I did this and I did that. The Colts had to get rid of him because they didn't know if he could play and he was guaranteed so much money....I know Peyton knows the game but I feel that Brady has more passion for the game. Maybe it goes back to him being overlooked in the draft and still feels that he has to prove himself. Brady is a team guy all the way and seems to find ways to keep improving.  I love watching him play. He runs the no  huddle offense better than anyone else and this year he has what  3 interceptions.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Gomer has had the benefit of superior receivers and an unprecedented amount of Phantom PI calls for his teams,so he wins the the physcology side of the game.As for my choice TB is a far better relationship guy and better with the media in doing his SGT. Schultz I know nothing interviews before and after the games which is a requirement when QB'ing a BB coached team. Plus his wife is smokin hot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

TD/INT ratio is significantly different. 30% more TD passes is a huge difference.

And the timing of Peyton's interceptions were so costly to his team!!!  Brady is the best, hands down!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts