controversial draft question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

controversial draft question...

I know it's early, but...

If Jake Locker slides to round 2, do you take him?  He'll have 4 years (min) to sit behind/learn from Brady with a cap friendly deal and would be as good a backup as you could ask for.  If he works out for us, potentially, it could be a fairly smooth transition if Brady decides to throw his hat into the political arena.  If he doesn't, we cut or trade him (Locker, not Brady:)).  Besides hurting Brady's feelings, which I don't think we would and would likely consult with Brady in that regard, I don't see a downside to it.

The flip side to it would be the trade value of that 2nd rounder at that point...  

Go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Re: controversial draft question...

I think there will be 4 quarterbacks gone in the top 20 picks, Locker will be long gone but if it happened I would love it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from r23. Show r23's posts

No.    A #2 for a guy who is going to sit for 4 years is high considering the prodution we're getting out of our previous #2's, maybe a #3.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I doubt it.  I think Belichick is very comfortable with Hoyer as his backup QB, but I do think he'll draft a QB to develope in the later rounds.  Ricky Stanzi from Iowa or T.J. Yates from UNC could be had in the 5th or 6th rounds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

In Response to Re: controversial draft question...:
    I think there will be 4 quarterbacks gone in the top 20 picks, Locker will be long gone but if it happened I would love it
    Posted by vegasredsox

I hope they take all those QB's.  That'll make the Raider pick even better for us. It'll say an awful lot about Hoyer if someone is there and passed over.  

Out to the others, what makes you think they're so enamored with Hoyer?  I think the only time I've seen him he got yanked right away after a pick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I'd rather have

Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada Height: 6-6   Weight: 225 in the 4th round we really don't need a backup QB. Hoyer is doing a fine job holding the clipboardKaepernick can run and throw he just needs better targets and work on his mechanics/decision making.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No.  BB has shown us how good quarterbacks are molded, not drafted.  TB was a sixth rounder.  Matt Cassel was a seventh rounder.  The only other QB on the team, Hoyer, is undrafted but he probably has to be pretty good.  The NFL has seen lots of worthless early first-round quarterbacks such as the Sancheese.  If I had total control of a team for a long time, I'd bring in about ten late-rounder QBs or UFA QB projects with the capacity to grow, and I'd find the best QB coach around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I can see them taking a project QB two years before Brady's contract is up but not 4. That seems almost like a wasted pick that early. Besides I like the way Hoyer plays. He seems smart and has a good head on his shoulders. Until he proves in a pre-season game that he can't handle the pressure rushes I think it's Hoyers job for the future

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

ya like josh mcdanial

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: controversial draft question...:
    I'd rather have Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada Height: 6-6    Weight: 225 in the 4th round we really don't need a backup QB. Hoyer is doing a fine job holding the clipboard .  Kaepernick can run and throw he just needs better targets and work on his mechanics/decision making.
    Posted by natesubs

i also think that guy is a better qb than locker. i just can't say it around here because of all the uw alum i work with. i think he is overrated. a good kids, but overrated. strong arm yes, but really is just learning mechanics - tendency for the ball to sail on mid-distance throws.

i know the poular mocks have him at #3 but to me, in terms of what each can contribue on the first and second years, it's

luck
    newton
    mallet
    kaepernick
    pryor (yes, i have him before locker)
    locker

that would push him down to the third round. if so, seattle sould get him as a clipboard holder for hasselbeck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to controversial draft question...:
    I know it's early, but... If Jake Locker slides to round 2, do you take him?  He'll have 4 years (min) to sit behind/learn from Brady with a cap friendly deal and would be as good a backup as you could ask for.  If he works out for us, potentially, it could be a fairly smooth transition if Brady decides to throw his hat into the political arena.  If he doesn't, we cut or trade him (Locker, not Brady:)).  Besides hurting Brady's feelings, which I don't think we would and would likely consult with Brady in that regard, I don't see a downside to it. The flip side to it would be the trade value of that 2nd rounder at that point...   Go!
    Posted by norichcrybabies

i say not a bad idea, but the guy i really like is hartline out of kentucky, a big 6'6 kid that can be the understudy. but he just got popped for dui 

Sections
Shortcuts