Cool that the Patriots get a 1st round bye, but....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cool that the Patriots get a 1st round bye, but....

They lost their next 2 games this season coming back from a bye.

I really thought they would come out after their bye with a great game plan and some things figured out on D and crush the Steelers but... they didn't.  They came out really flat and lost two games in a row.  Almost wish they would be playing next weekend to stay in their groove.

Discuss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: Cool that the Patriots get a 1st round bye, but....

They also lost their last two playoff games after byes, which has me a tad worried.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Then again, they won 2 Super Bowls after getting a bye.

All comes down to how you play that day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Cool that the Patriots get a 1st round bye, but....:
    They also lost their last two playoff games after byes, which has me a tad worried.
    Posted by 347pg

They lost to the Ravens in the Wild Card round in 2009. Indy and San Diego had the Byes that year. Man, had to look the Byes up on that one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

It´s always always good to get a bye... 

no matter what...

We need to get Vollmer and mankins back.

Chung, Spikes, Ninkovich are also hurt... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Hmm weird, maybe it's actually root~ himself, that turns posters toward the varying elegaic stanzas...very strange.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

This is the kind of pointless conclusion that borders on superstition.  They played two playoff teams and lost.  What does that mean?  It means the Steelers played an excellent game, and the Patriots didn't, and the Giants got a near repeat of the Superbowl.  Our offense stalled and our defense just couldn't get a stop.  I like the bye.  Get healthy, practice what hasn't worked right in the first quarter lately, and scheme for what is next.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If our team was healthy I would agree I'd rather play this upcoming week but you could see the OL was hurting bad the last couple of weeks and the front 7 has gotten inconsistent pressure on 2 mediocre QB's the last couple weeks.

The team will greatly benefit if they can get rested and get Vollmer, Mankins, Spikes, and Nin back into game day ready shape. I'm not sure if we can win without them playing up to speed. It also gives time for our 2 new defensive stars to get more practice time (if you didn't guess it's Edelman and Slater)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Play good. Win. Play bad. Lose. Really simple as that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Cool that the Patriots get a 1st round bye, but....:
    Then again, they won 2 Super Bowls after getting a bye. All comes down to how you play that day.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

The truth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

In 2005 They dismantled the Jets in the first round, after hanging about 100 points on Tampa the week before.  Then the offense and special teams had five TOs in Denver in the second round.

The momentum gained from a first round win isn't nearly as valuable as being in the second round already.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It allows the players that are dinged up to get in better shape (includes Spikes, Mankins, Waters, Chung, Light, and Brady). I have no doubt that BB will prepare his team well and we have homefield. I reiterate this team is playing well with 8 consecutive wins.

Sections
Shortcuts