Cordarrelle Patterson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Cordarrelle Patterson

In spite of his showing an inconsistent blocking effort in college, I think the 6'2" WR Patterson out of Tennessee has the potential to be a top receiver in the NFL.  Notwithstanding the lack of success by the PATS in picking WR in the draft, this kid could very well be a long-term solution as the deep ball threat that the PATS so desperately need, not to mention his special team's capabilities.

Granted, the PATS would probably have to trade up to get him, and with their few draft picks it would be a sizable risk, but after a lot of due diligence, I would give it serious consideration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson

Lemme say this.  Pats shouldn't trade up to get him.  There will be solid Dlinemen available at the bottom of the first round. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If you want a high talent WR who doesn't even attempt to block get Marcus Davis in the 3rd. 6'4" 230, great hands, great vertical, 4.45 runner. I'll pass on a WR in the first and target the rich DT class with some of the best DT talent to come out in a long time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The guy is a big time talent, but he played with a quarterback that could throw - now I know he shouldn't be punished for that - but he was able to make a lot of plays because the ball was there. That's more than a lot of these receivers can say. He also at one point was playing with two other receivers that if not for injuries and off field issues, would be considered first round picks too. So the guy found himself with a lot of room to catch the ball out on that field...with a guy that could throw it too.

He is a big, fast kid that looks like he loves football....looks versatile too. I think some team is going to love having him, but I don't think I'd trade up to get him - there's other guys that could be there in the second that may really help us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

only 5 picks, you cant afford to bust out on a WR, IMO

Its the old parcells rule. You take D lineman over WRs in the 1st unless its a sure shot Calvin Johnson. We should be moving back this year to get more picks because we have more than 3 needs but thats just my opinion. I hear you though, but I would rather target the 2nd or 3rd best D-lineman, possible the 1st or 2nd best Safey or CB , or If a great WR prospect fell to them at 29, I would consider it, if they felt they could get their Defensive guys in the 2nd and 3rd but something tells me BB knows better and cant afford to get burnt and so my guess is D.Amendola is bought in to be a #1 even though I wouldnt do it. The Pats are cheap and arent good at drafting WRs so I think that option it out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Its the old parcells rule. You take D lineman over WRs in the 1st unless its a sure shot Calvin Johnson. We should be moving back this year to get more picks because we have more than 3 needs but thats just my opinion. I hear you though, but I would rather target the 2nd or 3rd best D-lineman, possible the 1st or 2nd best Safey or CB , or If a great WR prospect fell to them at 29, I would consider it, if they felt they could get their Defensive guys in the 2nd and 3rd but something tells me BB knows better and cant afford to get burnt and so my guess is D.Amendola is bought in to be a #1 even though I wouldnt do it. The Pats are cheap and arent good at drafting WRs so I think that option it out

The problem with moving back is moving back is higher risk of not becoming a start. Actually the further you move back it exponentally decreases the odds of finding a starter. Given the rich talent in the 1st in DT and no gaurantee other teams wouldn't take advantage of it, this year I'd use the 29 or stay close to it (move up or down) to get a DT you really want instead of trading back multiple rounds and hoping a handful full of players pan out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The problem with moving back is moving back is higher risk of not becoming a start. Actually the further you move back it exponentally decreases the odds of finding a starter. Given the rich talent in the 1st in DT and no gaurantee other teams wouldn't take advantage of it, this year I'd use the 29 or stay close to it (move up or down) to get a DT you really want instead of trading back multiple rounds and hoping a handful full of players pan out

I would agree with this. Ultimately I would stay put but just saying, in terms of this year, if they do any moving it would have to be back. I dont think with 5 picks you can afford to move up with all our needs and the window closing but if you could get 2 picks for one THIS year by maybe moving back to 32 from 29 and picking up a 3rd or 4th, I think thats good business. If I can pick up an extra pick, I dont think moving 2 to 3 spots is a big deal unless you know your guy is there.