Cortland Finnegan cut, sign me up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Cortland Finnegan cut, sign me up

With the recent Talib article, if he wants 8mil/yr + he will most likely walk.

Finnegan is added to the list of DRC, Vontae Davis, and Verner for possible replacements.

I like him, he's scrappy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Cortland Finnegan cut, sign me up

I'm with you on this one. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Make that three...we need a wildman on this team..or should I say, a wildman on the field only...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

How 'bout Finnegan and Talib?  I'm all for making a nice investment in our CB situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I love Cortland Finnegan! That would be an awesome signing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

How 'bout Finnegan and Talib?  I'm all for making a nice investment in our CB situation.

That's something I might get excited about.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Finnegan is not what he was five years ago. He would be a downgrade from Talib.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Desperate GM's do desperate things...

Viloates the #1 rule of negotiations...know well the bottom line you can't go over...ever...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

agreed but I'll still take him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I still cannot belive the contract he got.  

yes. agreed. that deal was insane

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

With the recent Talib article, if he wants 8mil/yr + he will most likely walk.

Finnegan is added to the list of DRC, Vontae Davis, and Verner for possible replacements.

I like him, he's scrappy

Do not read into Talib's agent's posturing in the press. He can "want' whatever he wants. I can't think of one team willing to put up the money he thinks he can get. Not one.

As good he is, the red flags remain strongly in play, with other GMs in fear of those red flags.

Advantage: BB

Hmmmmmmm...... Looks like advantage Talib to me.

By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com The four-year, $32 million contract signed by Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes helps set the market for free-agent Aqib Talib, and there are a few more details to pass along on the deal, per a source:

SportsNation

Would you pay Aqib Talib $16 million in straight guaranteed money?

• Yes. Hes too valuable as a shutdown cornerback and its worth the risk.
    • No. Some of that should be tied to per-game bonuses because of injuries.
    Signing bonus: $6 million
    Base salaries: $25.9 million ($10 million guaranteed)
    Reporting bonuses: $100,000

Grimes will receive the following cash payouts in the deal:

2014: $8.5 million
    2015: $8.5 million
    2016: $8 million
    2017: $7 million

QUICK-HIT THOUGHTS: This is an excellent deal for Grimes and one that should strengthen Talib's negotiating position with the Patriots. It is a legitimate $16 million in guaranteed money for Grimes, as none of that money is tied to any type of option bonus paid at a later date. This sets up a potential dilemma for the Patriots -- would they be comfortable giving Talib a straight $16 million in guarantees given his recent history with injuries? One would think they'd like some of that money tied to option or per-game bonuses. If another team is willing to take that step, and the Patriots aren't, that could be the deal-breaker from Talib's perspective.

Sections
Shortcuts