Cortland Finnegan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcivermd21. Show mcivermd21's posts

Cortland Finnegan

He will be in a New England Patriots uniform next season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Cortland Finnegan

I have been saying I hope BB goes and gets him, but if you think that it's for sure then I hope you're right. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcivermd21. Show mcivermd21's posts

i would move Devin Mccourtey to FS to cover the slots and start Finnegan with Moore and Dowling

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Arrington did have like 8 interceptions I would place him over Glass-I

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is not going to NE

and CB Cortland Finnegan have a deal in place, source tells.com. Story coming ASAP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Wow!

Rams and free-agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan reached agreement on a five-year deal worth about $50 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Not surprising.   Rams done.  10 million per year? Lol. Do any of these veterans want to win a SB or not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

It's hilarious to watch teams overpay above-average free-agents. It's really irresponsible spending if you think about it. 

So many teams are bring mid-level players with huge contracts, and hindering themselves in the future. Finnegan is a good player, but he's not going to bring the Rams overnight success. And who even knows if he'll fit into their scheme.

The best way to build a team is through money-management, bring in guys with high-ceilings but low prices tags, and bring in guys with leadership skills. Good coaching helps too.

That's why teams like New England are successful year-in and year-out, and teams like the Redskins, and as we're seeing, many other teams, fail from year to year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Exactly.  This is what the Mt. Hurl types don't get. By 2014, the overpayments now will be a problem and catch up to these teams, even with the cap going up.

It lessens the leverage these teams will have with their FAs at that point in time.

The Skins are particularly screwed. As is Chicago. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

First of all the Skins are screwed because they don't have a QB - haven't had one in a long time - that's why they're screwed...not because of the mean old salary cap. The Bears don't appear to be "screwed" either, they just don't have a QB like ours.

You really need to stop with this salary cap stuff - it's the most fluid thing in sports. You can trim 10 million off it in a week...15 million in a week and a half. Don't get ahead of yourself dumb dumb - try figuring why we win first (Brady) and then you can graduate to more sophisticated things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to Re: Cortland Finnegan:
    First of all the Skins are screwed because they don't have a QB - haven't had one in a long time - that's why they're screwed...not because of the mean old salary cap. The Bears don't appear to be "screwed" either, they just don't have a QB like ours. You really need to stop with this salary cap stuff - it's the most fluid thing in sports. You can trim 10 million off it in a week...15 million in a week and a half. Don't get ahead of yourself dumb dumb - try figuring why we win first (Brady) and then you can graduate to more sophisticated things.
    Posted by mthurl

Of course you can trim salary cap by cutting guys ala Steelers this year and you are left with 45 roster guys. and you can have your QB restructure to free up space.. but you have to pay the piper sooner or later. we will see the day with Big Ben and some Rooney sobbing because they have to cut him... but it wont be "because of the money"
    Deja Vu Indy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Cortland Finnegan:
    He will be in a New England Patriots uniform next season.
    Posted by mcivermd21

No, he won't. The Rams signed him to a 5 year, $50mil. deal. Unreal:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7683548/2012-nfl-free-agency-st-louis-rams-cortland-finnegan-reach-5-year-50m-deal-sources-say

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Cortland Finnegan :      No, he won't. The Rams signed him to a 5 year, $50mil. deal. Unreal: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7683548/2012-nfl-free-agency-st-louis-rams-cortland-finnegan-reach-5-year-50m-deal-sources-say
    Posted by TexasPat

The thread started in January....Did not think there was a need to start another thread....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

whoooo hooo i nailed one!!

Re: You guys may not care, but this bothers me a lot.

posted at 2/25/2012 1:06 AM EST
    First: 8/29/2007
    Last: 3/13/2012
    Finnegan is a lock to go to the Rams

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This was the most obvious signing, i don't even know why people got excited over Finnegan, lol, guy was NEVER coming here.
    Posted by ricky12684

No but I wish he was but it's too late now.  I sure hope the Patriots are involved in some heated discussion with some defensive player agents right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

First of all the Skins are screwed because they don't have a QB - haven't had one in a long time - that's why they're screwed...not because of the mean old salary cap. The Bears don't appear to be "screwed" either, they just don't have a QB like ours. You really need to stop with this salary cap stuff - it's the most fluid thing in sports. You can trim 10 million off it in a week...15 million in a week and a half. Don't get ahead of yourself dumb dumb - try figuring why we win first (Brady) and then you can graduate to more sophisticated things.
    Posted by mthurl

It's good he's back. I missed watching you body slam him over and over and over again. It's so entertaining it's almost worth paying for.

Sections
Shortcuts