Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

....of tonight's SNF game, while his chin quivers with emotion. He's been waiting for a chance to say someting like this. I should expect this from NBC. Dude needs to stick to football, and he's not so good at even that. If he doesn't want to, he can pull an Olberman and start a cable news commentary show where he can rave to his heart's content. As a wise man once said, "If you come for mine, you'd better bring yours". That goes doubly for you Costas. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

Just when you thought the election was over!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Costas uses the Jevon Belcher tregedy to preach gun control at halftime........

If you're talking about Costas, I agree. I you're talking about me, I'm just a messenger who saw what a few million other people saw.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Costas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Costas

[/QUOTE]

Good, I figured as much, but on this site you never know. Haha But its already raising a stink on facebook. That didnt take long....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Costas with an agenda. You are just a strawberry eating partial Reds fan! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Costas with an agenda. You are just a strawberry eating partial Reds fan! :)

[/QUOTE]

Haha, not sure if I'll have 'em next year Rings. My tree was already sick, and this drought over the summer about did it in. I'm not expecting it to bloom out next spring, and if it doesnt, I'll have to cut 'er down. :-( No more cherries, but I harvested some seeds this fall for just such an occasion. I will re-plant and use the old for campfire wood I guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Yes, Cuz im sure Belcher wouldnt have been able to acquire a gun if guns where illegal. Simply it doesnt matter wheather guns are illegal or legal in this situation, the guy was obviously on a mission Driven by some sort of hate and anger(i Come to that conclusion seeing as he shot his girlfriend 9 times, Usually that many gun shot wounds indicates some kind of passion driven anger/hate). I find it hard to believe that if guns where illegal, that that would have prevented what took place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, I thought Costas disliked football because of its sanctioned violence? He said something to that effect in an interview once. If thats so, let him resign from NBC SNF, take up knitting, and leave the seurity of the nation to us and our redneck guns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Cuz im sure Belcher wouldnt have been able to acquire a gun if guns where illegal. Simply it doesnt matter wheather guns are illegal or legal in this situation, the guy was obviously on a mission Driven by some sort of hate and anger(i Come to that conclusion seeing as he shot his girlfriend 9 times, Usually that many gun shot wounds indicates some kind of passion driven anger/hate). I find it hard to believe that if guns where illegal, that that would have prevented what took place.

[/QUOTE]

Plus, that article he quoted was bupkis. If he didnt have a gun and had murder in his HEART, what makes someone think he wouldnt have picked up the poker from the fireplace to use as a weapon, and then drove his car off a cliff? But then again, maybe he's right. After all, we know that mankind never harmed his fellow until those ornery Chinese invented gun powder. If guns were illegal, the only people that would have them are crooks who dont abide by the law anyway, and goverment troops/agents. In other words, to be accosted by every armed criminal with no way to defend ourselves and holden to a government that daily gets more topheavy and power mad would be our lot. There's a scary thought......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good for Costas.  I'm a gun owner and avid hunter myself, but the US needs more sensible gun control.  It's just too easy for anyone to get a handgun. There's way more gun crime in the US than any other civilized first-world nation. The reason is because guns are too easy to get. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good for Costas.  I'm a gun owner and avid hunter myself, but the US needs more sensible gun control.  It's just too easy for anyone to get a handgun. There's way more gun crime in the US than any other civilized first-world nation. The reason is because guns are too easy to get. 

[/QUOTE]

And even easier if you're a crook who doesnt follow the law anyway, and judging by Costas' demeanor, he was proposing the idea that there should be no guns AT ALL. That means no guns for law abiding people like us, because most criminals dont follow the law or get their guns legally--by default. Therefore, more legislation keeps ME from getting one, but not so much them--which is what gun control is REALLY all about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They basically just said on Sunday Night football that if Belcher didn't have a gun, he and his baby's momma would still be alive. And pretty much used this incident to blame violent crimes like this on the high availability of firearms, what a joke.

Are they trying to cover up head trauma by blaming guns?  Check this out from www.deadspin.com

------------

Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, had separated two weeks ago in the midst of a dispute over the care of their three-month-old daughter, Zoe, a friend of Belcher's has told Deadspin. They'd only very recently reconciled. In email messages sent to us, the friend described Belcher as a young man whipsawed between football-related head trauma and ongoing substance abuse, and the source speculated that a "combination of alcohol, concussions, and prescription drugs," mixed with domestic problems, led to Belcher's murder of Perkins and his subsequent suicide.

The friend wrote that after the Chiefs' Nov. 18 game against the Bengals, the last game Belcher played in, Belcher "was dazed and was suffering from short-term memory loss. He could not remember the events that had taken place prior to that game or what he had said to get Kasi [Kasandra Perkins] to return home."

"If you review the footage of the Cincinnati game, he took a few hits to the head directly," the friend wrote.

Belcher's friend emailed initially to point out that the developing narrative of the murder-suicide was overly focused on a single event: the Trey Songz concert Perkins had attended at Kansas City's Midland Theater Friday night, and the dispute that followed when she arrived home around 1 a.m. The Kansas City Star's most detailed report on the shootings begins with that argument.

The friend wanted to stress that the concert was, at most, a tipping point, and that the relationship had soured previously. In further emails, he was frank that his aim was to give us Belcher's side of the story, and in defending his late friend he came off as cruel toward the murder victim, going so far as to call her "the catalyst."

Even so, he wrote that Belcher "drank ALOT. On a nightly basis" and was using medication heavily. He described both Belcher and Perkins as "very young and immature," which "combined with other factors led to this tragedy."

--------------------

I'm pretty sure Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman disagree with Bob Costas. Lost a lot of respect for Costas for what he did here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They basically just said on Sunday Night football that if Belcher didn't have a gun, he and his baby's momma would still be alive. And pretty much used this incident to blame violent crimes like this on the high availability of firearms, what a joke.

Are they trying to cover up head trauma by blaming guns?  Check this out from www.deadspin.com

------------

Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, had separated two weeks ago in the midst of a dispute over the care of their three-month-old daughter, Zoe, a friend of Belcher's has told Deadspin. They'd only very recently reconciled. In email messages sent to us, the friend described Belcher as a young man whipsawed between football-related head trauma and ongoing substance abuse, and the source speculated that a "combination of alcohol, concussions, and prescription drugs," mixed with domestic problems, led to Belcher's murder of Perkins and his subsequent suicide.

The friend wrote that after the Chiefs' Nov. 18 game against the Bengals, the last game Belcher played in, Belcher "was dazed and was suffering from short-term memory loss. He could not remember the events that had taken place prior to that game or what he had said to get Kasi [Kasandra Perkins] to return home."

"If you review the footage of the Cincinnati game, he took a few hits to the head directly," the friend wrote.

Belcher's friend emailed initially to point out that the developing narrative of the murder-suicide was overly focused on a single event: the Trey Songz concert Perkins had attended at Kansas City's Midland Theater Friday night, and the dispute that followed when she arrived home around 1 a.m. The Kansas City Star's most detailed report on the shootings begins with that argument.

The friend wanted to stress that the concert was, at most, a tipping point, and that the relationship had soured previously. In further emails, he was frank that his aim was to give us Belcher's side of the story, and in defending his late friend he came off as cruel toward the murder victim, going so far as to call her "the catalyst."

Even so, he wrote that Belcher "drank ALOT. On a nightly basis" and was using medication heavily. He described both Belcher and Perkins as "very young and immature," which "combined with other factors led to this tragedy."

--------------------

I'm pretty sure Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman disagree with Bob Costas. Lost a lot of respect for Costas for what he did here.

[/QUOTE]

I never had much to begin with, but even less now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be careful for what you wish for, pro. Gun control does nothing but keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. and that is a fact.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be careful for what you wish for, pro. Gun control does nothing but keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. and that is a fact.

[/QUOTE]

+1, and even darker than that, that is the whole POINT of gun control. Why people dont see that is more than I can imagine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Conservatives and their guns. =)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You betcha! ;-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's actually not a fact.  We have much stricter gun control laws here in Canada and there's far less gun crime.  Even more significant, there are far fewer incidents of guns used in domestic or workplace violence.  And we rarely have anything like the movie theatre shooting in Colorado or the shooting of the Congresswomen in Arizona.  

Yes, there's some gun violence here ... but nothing like in the States. Stricter gun control laws do have a beneficial effect. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's actually not a fact.  We have much stricter gun control laws here in Canada and there's far less gun crime.  Even more significant, there are far less incidents of guns used in domestic or workplace violence.  And we rarely have anything like the movie theatre shooting in Colorado or the shooting of the Congresswomen in Arizona.  

Yes, there's some gun violence here ... but nothing like in the States. Stricter gun control laws do have a beneficial effect. 

[/QUOTE]

To each his own. What I think about it is in my above posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's actually not a fact.  We have much stricter gun control laws here in Canada and there's far less gun crime.  Even more significant, there are far less incidents of guns used in domestic or workplace violence.  And we rarely have anything like the movie theatre shooting in Colorado or the shooting of the Congresswomen in Arizona.  

[/QUOTE]

You're talking to our Right-Wing members of the country, they think a nationalized healthcare system is communist and a stepping stone for Fascism...

I kid you not, I've learned to love them, but you can't reason with them.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You betcha! ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I love you guys, bibles and guns solves all your problems. =) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I don't think a football game is time to push your political views.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Canada has much looser gun laws has no gun violence. It is a culture issue not a legal issue. Canada has slightly stricter national policy but the local gun laws in America are much stricter on the whole. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think a football game is time to push your political views.

[/QUOTE]

It's the perfect time to do it when you want to put the blame of this horrible killing on aything other then head trauma due to football.  Makes perfect sense why they did it tonight, probably will do it again tomorrow night too.

Sections
Shortcuts