Could Arizona be a Mallet Landing Spot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Could Arizona be a Mallet Landing Spot?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765793/ryan-mallett-hopes-to-pop-in-preseason?ex_cid=espnapi_public" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765793/ryan-mallett-hopes-to-pop-in-preseason?ex_cid=espnapi_public

"The 6-foot-6, 245-pound Mallett certainly looks the part on the practice field, with a live arm that brings back memories of Drew Bledsoe. He said Wednesday that the game has slowed down for him, and he spent time this offseason working out in Minnesota with Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald , among others. "

They have no legit backup and their starter is the old Carson Palmer who could in all probability retire after this season or even deteriorate enough this season that he could be beaten out (Mallet?)

If Mallet impressed Fitz when they were working out I think he would push for the team to go after him...

I think Mallet to Arizona makes sense, and I'm not necessarily thinking as a trade. Zona could just wait until FA and sign him, but my point is, the next team mallet plays for whether traded or signed I think could be AZ

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Could Arizona be a Mallet Landing Spot?

Quite possible.  Maybe stl or maybe houston or even dallas if jerry jones gets antsy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah, that could be a very possible landing spot for him.  Here is the thing with Mallet this season... I don't see Mallet going anywhere this season. BB always talks about being prepared, even took a shot at the colts, rightfully so, for not being prepared at qb when Manning went down so  Mallet isn't going anywhere this season. No way would Jimmy G be even close to ready to run this offense if something happened to TFB. They brought in Quinn but he is horrible, no way could he come in now and learn the offense in time. Mallet is here for this season, hopefully he won't have to see the field this year. 

Now the question is... Will the Pats feel good about Jimmy G and his progression after this season??  If not do you see the Pats extending Mallet??

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

New England is where Mallett will land this season.  He may sign with AZ next spring as a FA.  I don't believe anyone will trade for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

The Mallet Mystery ....Season 4 or 3 I forgot. Play him Non-stop in Preseason, see what you really got. I still don't know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

The Mallet Mystery ....Season 4 or 3 I forgot. Play him Non-stop in Preseason, see what you really got. I still don't know.

supposedly, he has been having a solid camp - but it may not mean much when he's only got 4 pro nfl pass attempts....lol

I can't imagine they'd get rid of garoppolo, but if they can trade Mallett to Arizona or Houston, get something back for him, and open another roster spot for an area of need (i.e., TE)....

W/ BB.....anything can happen :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Bobbysu! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

trade mallet to Houston for jj watt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Arizona could very well be a landing spot for Mallet, but after reports we hear on Jimmy G - I don't think Mallet will go anywhere this year.  They'll let him play out his 4th and final year here to be Brady's backup, and he'll be a FA after season.  I have a feeling Jimmy G will end up on the practice squad....

Maybe the only way this doesn't happen, is they sign Brady Quinn, and things could change of course...who knows.  Mallet will get his chance this pre-season though to shine or not....

I was thinking Houston too....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to cellucci's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was for Andre Johnson?  lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

We all are in the Dark,  but he is having a very good camp

The light goes on for differnt people at different times

If we trade MAllet now and TB goes down there will be a lot of screaching

He will get one of those team friendly offers next year = good for huim -

he has been a good guy here with no problems

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol....I wouldn't say no to that :)

I'd even take Clowney for Mallett

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Bobbysu! 

[/QUOTE]

Hey TFB 12, hope you are doing great, been here from time to time reading. The long wait is over, season starting............AND we play the Bears this year...hahahahaha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

where not going to get significant value anyways I say trading mallet is not really important at all. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

where not going to get significant value anyways I say trading mallet is not really important at all. 

[/QUOTE]

Probably not.  Here's a question - do the Patriots keep 3 QBs or get rid of Mallett or Garoppolo for another roster spot? Each has its risks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably not.  Here's a question - do the Patriots keep 3 QBs or get rid of Mallett or Garoppolo for another roster spot? Each has its risks.

[/QUOTE]

You don't get rid of Garoppolo.  He's a rookie quarterback 2nd round pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Keep Mallet for now. I would go with tree QBs. In case Brady gets hurt at least Mallet has some x.. That is the only thing that is worth while.  But like everyone else i still do not know who this player is or brings to the table. They kept him this long what is another year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't get rid of Garoppolo.  He's a rookie quarterback 2nd round pick.

[/QUOTE]

yep, I understand that; which is why it would make more sense to trade Mallett or commit to carrying 3 QBs for the year. There are only so many options....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Mallet would have to have a GREAT preseason and some team would have to lose their starting QB for a scenario to unfold where BB would hear an offer that might interest him. 

The length of that sentence alone tells me it won't happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mallet would have to have a GREAT preseason and some team would have to lose their starting QB for a scenario to unfold where BB would hear an offer that might interest him. 

The length of that sentence alone tells me it won't happen.

[/QUOTE]

i doubt it too.  Once Garoppolo was drafted in the 2nd round, I think odds are that the Patriots committed to carrying 3 QBs...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Only a stupid team would trade for an untested QB in the last year of his contract in the middle of training camp.  The time to trade for Mallett was months ago.  Even then it was unlikely because coach Belichick likes having an experienced backup and we should get a comp pick when Mallett leaves.  Mallett is going to make the team and play out the rest of his contract here.  Then he will sign somewhere else.  Perhaps AZ as the OP has suggested.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey TFB 12, hope you are doing great, been here from time to time reading. The long wait is over, season starting............AND we play the Bears this year...hahahahaha.

Everything is great, thank you!  Hope you are also doing great!.  Good to see you here posting now that the season is about to begin! 

I will post BB riding the Bear before the Pats vs Bears game in your honor this season, hahaha!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there was ever a pipe-dream, this is it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will the Pats feel good about Jimmy G and his progression after this season??  If not do you see the Pats extending Mallet??

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

[/QUOTE]

Even if they aren't confident in Jimmy G, I don't see Mallet returning. He says he believes he's a starter and he is going to want some money.

If worst comes to worst we can sign a Matt Hasselback type QB. A guy who will play for nothing and be a quality backup, even like a Kyle Orton. Someone of that nature.

Mallet wants cash and a legit shot at a job, I don't see him here past this season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

"

Mallett will have collected a little more than $2.9 million in salary when his contract is up. And despite rumors about him being possibly traded this offseason and the last, he has embodied the lunch pail work ethic the entire team instills. This week, during joint practices with Washington, respected NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said Mallett "popped" and looked like a starting caliber quarterback, something Mallett affirmed he believes to be true.

"I haven’t [heard his comments], but I’ve always felt that way about myself because I’m confident in myself," Mallett said. "You know I appreciate his nice words, but I’ve always felt that way."

Mallett came out of college a confident kid. He threw for a school record 62 touchdowns at Arkansas and set a single-season school record for 3,869 passing yards in 2010. He came out of high school a confident kid. He was named the Gatorade Player of the Year in Texas, which is no small feat. So yeah, he's got that going for him. But he's still riding pine for Brady, which is a quagmire that he won't address because it's not up to him.

"You can’t control, what you can’t control," he said. "It’s the uncontrollable, you just deal with it."

There's no ill will or animosity there being the backup to Brady. It's just the situation he finds himself in now, excited for a meaningless preseason game because it's another opportunity to show what he can do for an NFL team after this season, his only real shot to compete for a starting job. So for now, he wont' say "why me."

"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/08/ryan_mallett_playing_the_cards_he_was_dealt.html