Could be the end of an era

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Could be the end of an era

For the first time since ever, I see a real possibility that the colts pats may not meet in the regular season next year. 

Currently both are 2nd in their division, which puts them on course to meet again, but somewhere something's got to give.  Maybe it won't. 

With a 6-4 record and a tough schedule left and still nursing players back to health, it has to be considered a very real possibility that the colts do not win their division (which will be required-I believe) to make the playoffs.  

On the other hand, the pats have won 2 very big games and now seemingly have an easier road to the end with maybe only the Jets in their way.  Yes Chicago and GB are there, but imo those teams can be had - certainly Chicago. 
    A real possibility exists that these teams finish in different positions in their division which means no game next year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Could be the end of an era

no way does the commissioner let this not happen. It is too big of a rivalry game and makes too much $.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Could be the end of an era:
    [QUOTE]For the first time since ever, I see a real possibility that the colts pats may not meet in the regular season next year.  Currently both are 2nd in their division, which puts them on course to meet again, but somewhere something's got to give.  Maybe it won't.  With a 6-4 record and a tough schedule left and still nursing players back to health, it has to be considered a very real possibility that the colts do not win their division (which will be required-I believe) to make the playoffs.   On the other hand, the pats have won 2 very big games and now seemingly have an easier road to the end with maybe only the Jets in their way.  Yes Chicago and GB are there, but imo those teams can be had - certainly Chicago.  A real possibility exists that these teams finish in different positions in their division which means no game next year. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You're running on the assumption that scheduling is always dependent on rules. The NFL knows the value of the TV ratings a Pats/Colts game gets and they're not going to give that up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Save 2 games or a change in scheduling methodology (which could occur with the creation of an 18 game schedule),  the NFL schedules (opponents) are already set for years to come.  Under the current method, if the colts and pats do not finish in the same place in their respective divisions, they will not play each other next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It is a distinct possibility. Although it's hard for me to believe the Jags can keep getting lucky as they have these past two weeks. And the Patriots still need to beat the Jests next month. The Bills and Fins are probably no problem, but unless the Jests break down NE needs to win that game to secure the division. With the tiebreakers secured against the Colts, Steelers, Ravens, and Chargers, winning the division is a virtual lock for getting a bye. Playing in the Razor will go a long way towards helping out the young defense if the weather is bad for passing. We all know the Colts don't fare well there in January. I still think both teams will win their divisions, keeping the yearly game for 2011. Hopefully it will again be in Foxboro, as there have been too many in Indy these last few years. It has become a tradition, and I'm sure the league loves it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Jagwires?

You're kidding me with this, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Colts have some serious injuries. Even still they are easily the class of their division. The Titans have a problem with Young (who could be gone at the end of the season) I take Manning over Garrard every time and twice on Sunday. We kept hearing how Schaub was gonna be the next great NFL QB and yet every year he struggles to maintain a .500 record and can't beat good competition (Jets, Colts) consistently.

The Pats obviously have serious competition from the Jets. Sanchise is improving every week and yet they have won some close games against mediocre competiton which makes me wonder if the can continue to excel against good competition (see Packers game, see Pats Dec. 6).

The Pats and Colts still have the two best QBs in the NFL and will continue to be the class of their respective divisions until someone knocks them off that perch. An Indy/NE game is still a very huge draw (TV revenue) for any fan of the NFL (not necessarily a specific team). My old man barely watches football any more, but he watched yesterday's Colts/Pats match-up because he knows that this is a huge rivalry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Could be the end of an era:
    [QUOTE]Save 2 games or a change in scheduling methodology (which could occur with the creation of an 18 game schedule),  the NFL schedules (opponents) are already set for years to come.  Under the current method, if the colts and pats do not finish in the same place in their respective divisions, they will not play each other next year.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

The NFL will figure out a way. They make the rules and they can change them. The Pats/Colts is an important matchup for them. It draws huge ratings numbers during November sweeps and those numbers are what the networks use to set advertising rates. If you look at the history of their regular season games since the Colts left the east the majority of the games have been during sweeps week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The Jagwires? You're kidding me with this, right?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Hey, I said last night that I am encouraged, and I am, but that encouragement assumes a return to health by many players.  If that doesn't happen, I don't know if the colts make it.  The colts need Session and Brackett back.  They need Collie, Addai, and Hart back. 

Now I would love to see them with a healthy Sanders, but honestly, that's like praying for rain in the desert. 

The colts have played well with these guys, but they need to be better. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's trying to make himself feel better by saying NE is "second in the division" like it's a foregone conclusion.  lol

The lucky Jets still need to come into NE on a Monday night, where there is sure to be wind.

That game cannot come soon enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rusty, you have just proven that you have no capacity to understand the words you read.  Maybe it's time for you to start considering that GED.

It just so simple, really. 

Is there any denying this, really? 

You just can't make these things up, really. 

simple. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty, you have just proven that you have no capacity to understand the words you read.  Maybe it's time for you to start considering that GED. It just so simple, really.  Is there any denying this, really?  You just can't make these things up, really.  simple. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Really?

Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

12Sun, Nov 288:20 PM NBC
    13Sun, Dec 54:15 PM FOX 
    14Thu, Dec 98:20 PM NFL
    15Sun, Dec 191:00 PM CBS 
    16Sun, Dec 264:05 PM CBS 
    17Sun, Jan 21:00 PM CBS 
    Tennessee with no Vince Young. This schedule doesn't look to tough.
    I expect the Pats to beat the Jets at home. I would say the odds are in our favor.

Sections
Shortcuts