Could Bill Plaschke right about Sanchez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Could Bill Plaschke right about Sanchez?

Granted the guy is an LA jerk but back when Sanchez was drafted and all the ESPN idiots were fawning over him and the SB bound Jets Plaschke disagreed with all of them and said something to the effect that Sanchez lacked the intelligence to be an NFL QB. The only reason this has stuck with me is because when they started to argue with him Plaschke reminded them that he had followed him his entire career.

Given how confused Sanchez looked last night could he be right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Re: Could Bill Plaschke right about Sanchez?

he looks terrible to me... scared to make a play or throw more than 20 yds  maybe its a USC QB thing check down

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It seems like Plaschke is right so far. Weren't they color coding plays or something like that last year to make it easier for him? Now he's only throwing little 1-5 yard passes and relying on the receivers and running backs to make a play. A true franchise QB needs to take control of the offense and make plays himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i thought sanchez was overrated at SC, nevermind what he would/could ever become in the NFL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I suppose Plaschke would know as much as anybody would. He's an LA guy. There really wasn't much book on Sanchez. What did he play . . .  16 games at USC . . .  something like that? Frankly, I never understood what all the commotion was about this kid. He may yet develop into a serviceable NFL quarterback, but what I'm seeing right now is a Green New Jersey team pinning its hopes to win now on a guy who's got "five years from now . . .    maybe" written all over him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Could Bill Plaschke right about Sanchez?:
    I suppose Plaschke would know as much as anybody would. He's an LA guy. There really wasn't much book on Sanchez. What did he play . . .  16 games at USC . . .  something like that? Frankly, I never understood what all the commotion was about this kid. He may yet develop into a serviceable NFL quarterback, but what I'm seeing right now is a Green New Jersey team pinning its hopes to win now on a guy who's got "five years from now . . .    maybe" written all over him.
    Posted by p-mike

You know how all the sports 'experts' are always trying to push the latest, greatest new star whether they deserve it or not..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

funny the best USC qb is the one that never played....Matt Cassel

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Could Bill Plaschke right about Sanchez?:
    Granted the guy is an LA jerk but back when Sanchez was drafted and all the ESPN idiots were fawning over him and the SB bound Jets Plaschke disagreed with all of them and said something to the effect that Sanchez lacked the intelligence to be an NFL QB. The only reason this has stuck with me is because when they started to argue with him Plaschke reminded them that he had followed him his entire career. Given how confused Sanchez looked last night could he be right?
    Posted by Evil2010

I certainly agree that Plaschke is an LA jerk, lol.

But, yes, he is probably right about the Sanchize.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I'm not sold on Sanchez yet but questioning someones intelligence is kind of a low blow. Remember how long they said that about Terry Bradshaw. He did OK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Difference between IQ and football intelligence and maturity. I think it is very fair to question Sanchez.

Plus, in Bradshaw's day, the defense were nowhear near this fast or complex.  You also didn't have to have the footwork in the pocket that you do now.

Everything is escalated.

if I am drafting a QB, I want football IQ, passion, drive, leadership and willing to learn, etc, over padded college stats and immaturity.

NY wanted to sell PSLs, so every single one of their moves has been about making trendy picks, and Sanchez is no different.  They traded up to make a splash so they could cover up for the phony Favre move a year earlier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i dont know if sanchez is smart or not, but he was hanging his head like the game was lost already half way through the game last night. and he clearly is afraid to throw the ball more than 5 yards. just doesnt look like a leader at all. he and green and wilson clearly could not handle the pressure that rex has put on that team. 
    after seeing wilson last night i can see why they were so desperate to bring back revis no matter what he was asking for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Anyone notice him polishing his helmet during a timeout in the 1st half?  Not really what I'd want to see when the coach and Off Coordinator are talking to him.

Also, it appears Rexie and Schottenheimer had to be separated last night after the game.

The implosion has begun and it's only Week 1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Posted by p-mike

He looked like the real deal. Could zip all the passes that scouts love problem is he came out early and the fact that maybe their is a USC thing with QBs and they arent that good and it was a coaching thing with Carroll

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dirty Sanchez is overrated; people got caught up in the hollywood looks, the USC pedigree and they underestimated just what a good system and overall program he was in over in LA.  If he played at Rutgers he wouldn't have even been drafted. 

I loved it when I saw these NYphobes fawning over him like the golden child because I knew the letdown would be worse than the Jonestown massacre.  It won't be until they bring some journeyman QB in to replace him after the coaches realize what the rest of us already know... he can't make NFL reads or throws.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

funny the best USC qb is the one that never played....Matt Cassel
    Posted by harleyroadking

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

That is the truth, my friend. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

So his intelligence has been under question for a while.....and I have heard reports that are questioning his overall maturity...these are tuff places to tread and should be done with a caring heart...right...Fragile Boy is up to his keester in trouble and BB is going to have him babbling to himself after week 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I'm not sold on Sanchez yet but questioning someones intelligence is kind of a low blow. Remember how long they said that about Terry Bradshaw. He did OK.
    Posted by jaytf25

Try reading the post again. His intelligence was questioned by an LA sports writer. The reason the comment stuck with me is because Plachke is a complete So Cal homer. As for Bradshaw....different era.....completely different game....defenses were much simpler....defensive players were way slower....a QB didn't have to analyze a complicated defense and make instant decisions on every play. Besides Bradshaw isn't dumb he enjoys being goofy. He's smart enough to make his goofiness his schtick among his fellow broadcasters. Being the comic relief pretty much guarentees him a job as long as he wants. Not all that dumb a move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

That's a good point about Bradshaw.

That guy you see on television isn't Terry Bradshaw.

It's Terry Bradshaw playing Terry Bradshaw.

John Madden used to do the same thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

didnt he throw 12 tds and 20 ints last year? i think he is garbage, and will always be overrated media hype garbage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

How many times last night did Sanchez turn around and look at his OC like he didn't understand him? Anyone else notice this? Dumb might be an understatement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

USC suc-ks, Sanchez s-ucks. Go figure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by jaytf25

Bradshaw played in an era and on a team where QB intelligence wasn't that big of a deal.  He wouldn't make it today, with all the reads he would have to make.  He was athletic, and could take a beating, WAY more important in the 70s.  Most of those QBs couldn't play today's game, I think.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I told a buddy of might a few months ago, Mark Brunnell will be the Jets QB by week 4......

I'm sticking to my guns. But!.....Te Jets will blame this on some sort of phanton knee injury so the kid's not crushed....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

How many times last night did Sanchez turn around and look at his OC like he didn't understand him? Anyone else notice this? Dumb might be an understatement.
    Posted by ricky1554atl

I have found that different people are intelligent in different ways.  

I always thought Bledsoe looked intellectually overwhelmed on the field, like his mind could not keep pace with the game.  But he never once made a public speaking gaffe. He always knew what to say in a measured, secure, cautious, wise manner. That takes a certain type of intelligence.  I always wondered if he might have been a really good position coach.

I dated two different geniuses and they both had their quirks.  One was completely stupid with money, yet she set a math testing record in the FL school system.  The other was socially unskilled.  She could not manage long-term, close relationships. Yet she was a straight-A Brown student. I had simpler girlfriends that were both smarter with relationships and smarter with money than those two geniuses were, respectively, but would never had gotten As at Brown or set academic testing records.

Maybe Sanchez's brain is not cut out for the pace of the game.  Does not have to mean he's stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

didnt he throw 12 tds and 20 ints last year? i think he is garbage, and will always be overrated media hype garbage.
    Posted by isurfvb35

No, Terry Bradshaw didnt play last year son, he's retired now and and a Sports Show Announcer.

Sections
Shortcuts