Could BPD have Prevented the Lloyd Murder?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Could BPD have Prevented the Lloyd Murder?

After the double murder of Furtado and Abreu in the South End on July 16, 2012 Boston Police Department had video of Hernandez at the Cure Nightclub at the same time that Abreu and Furtado were there. They never questioned AH in any way about that murder until after the Lloyd Murder! Furthermore, they had video surveillance tapes of the vicinity of the Cure nightclub taken from the parking garage showing AH and associate (Bradley) laying in wait for the group and then following them in a Silver Toyota 4Runner. Again, they never looked at these tapes until after the Lloyd murder despite crime scene reports of a silver SUV rushing away from the scene of the murder!

For me it is an unthinkable and negligent to not have viewed surveillance tapes local to the murder where the victims had spent the final hours of their lives! What would have happened had BPD done a more thorough investigation including viewing the tapes and questioning Hernandez? Would AH have been arrested immediately after (or at least warned off) thereby notifying the Patriots not to resign him and also preventing him from killing Lloyd? BPD is patting itself on the back at the moment for its police work in indicting Hernandez but a more thorough examination reveals they blew it back in July 2012 and allowed a murderer to continue to roam and kill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Could BPD have Prevented the Lloyd Murder?

I really don't know enough about the case to be critical of BPD. Has it been, in fact, determined that BPD did not review video from the club?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Repeat ad nauseum. Why didnt the Pats check with the BPD before giving him a huge contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I want to say that BPD was tipped off about this a year after the fact, but still you have a point. I think it depends on how far away the shooting was from the club, because if it was far away, they probably aren't going to be looking at those tapes. And are the tapes from the club? Or were they cell phone type of stuff? Plus there is a lot of factors involved with the club that night...how many people were there? 50? 100? Are they all suspects? How clear was the video? Did anyone/could anyone verify it was Hernandez at that time? And also consider that in 2012 no one in their wildest dreams would be considering Hernandez (or any other Patriots) to be suspects in a drive by shooting. Keep in mind that unless you are a murder suspect (which of course Hernandez was a year later), you can't just look at night club footage and say, "that's our guy". Unless of course it was someone with priors...or a blatant motive caught on tape.

And as far as the parking garage tapes go, were both of the parties parked in the same garage? Because if not it may of been tough to do a time lapse - or even consider one - at that time.

I imagine Boston PD were busy working on that crime scene...finger prints, tire tracks, witnesses, blood...the car was most likely impounded. The deceased victim's prior life would be torn apart...email, text messages, phone, computer, etc. Family, friends and neighbors would be questioned...past records and associates...work, etc. The real problem is that there was no prior connection to Hernandez most likely in this case. In fact Hernandez would of gotten off Scott free if he hadn't killed Llyod a year later. Can't believe this psycho played here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I don't think there was any "cause" to do so....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hindsight is 20/20.  I'll forgive the BPD for not thinking an up and coming NFL star who happened to be at a nightclub with 2 people who were later murdered on the road from thinking the NFL star was also a drive-by shooter.

None of us would have suspected that.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

BDP couldn't have but BB and Kraft could have, right rkarp?  Gross negligence by drafting this guy. Everybody knew he was a murderer. They should have combed the dessert looking for any clues pointing toward AH being a serial killer, of which their were millions... PatsEng saw this one a mile away!

[object HTMLDivElement]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Can the BPD charge Arrington with Sucking?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Repeat ad nauseum. Why didnt the Pats check with the BPD before giving him a huge contract?

[/QUOTE]

Why would the Patriots check with Boston cops about one of their players? And what would the Boston cops have told them? "He's a good player, sign him."? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really don't know enough about the case to be critical of BPD. Has it been, in fact, determined that BPD did not review video from the club?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, BPD did not review the tape from the parking garage down the street from the club until they were tipped 11 months later that Hernandez was involved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You keep saying the Pats should have known. Well, BPD knew nothing about AH's criminal activity; they completely overlooked him at the club and did not even question him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Hindsight is 20/20.  I'll forgive the BPD for not thinking an up and coming NFL star who happened to be at a nightclub with 2 people who were later murdered on the road from thinking the NFL star was also a drive-by shooter.

This was a drive by shooting. All relevant surveilance tapes should have been checked. BPD was grossly negligent to not check the tape at the parking garage down the street from the club. When they did 11 months later, they found AH lying in wait in the Silver SUV.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want to say that BPD was tipped off about this a year after the fact, but still you have a point. I think it depends on how far away the shooting was from the club, because if it was far away, they probably aren't going to be looking at those tapes. And are the tapes from the club? Or were they cell phone type of stuff? Plus there is a lot of factors involved with the club that night...how many people were there? 50? 100? Are they all suspects? How clear was the video? Did anyone/could anyone verify it was Hernandez at that time? And also consider that in 2012 no one in their wildest dreams would be considering Hernandez (or any other Patriots) to be suspects in a drive by shooting. Keep in mind that unless you are a murder suspect (which of course Hernandez was a year later), you can't just look at night club footage and say, "that's our guy". Unless of course it was someone with priors...or a blatant motive caught on tape.

And as far as the parking garage tapes go, were both of the parties parked in the same garage? Because if not it may of been tough to do a time lapse - or even consider one - at that time.

I imagine Boston PD were busy working on that crime scene...finger prints, tire tracks, witnesses, blood...the car was most likely impounded. The deceased victim's prior life would be torn apart...email, text messages, phone, computer, etc. Family, friends and neighbors would be questioned...past records and associates...work, etc. The real problem is that there was no prior connection to Hernandez most likely in this case. In fact Hernandez would of gotten off Scott free if he hadn't killed Llyod a year later. Can't believe this psycho played here. 

[/QUOTE]

The garage with full surveillance tapes is down the street from the club. According to Fox News AH and Bradley were waiting for them to pull out of the garage and caught on tape.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to carawaydj's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This was a drive by shooting. All relevant surveilance tapes should have been checked. BPD was grossly negligent to not check the tape at the parking garage down the street from the club. When they did 11 months later, they found AH lying in wait in the Silver SUV.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh.... well let me amend my statement.  If that is truly the case, as in it really looks like AH was lying in wait in the same garage then indeed they were negligent.  I guess I would have to ask what is considered lying in wait.  It sounds like something with a lot of subjectivity in it.  If he simply parked in the same garage because perhaps, that's where people frequenting that club park then it might not look like anything special.  If he was waiting a prolonged period of time and left following the victim then I'd absolutely agree with the lying in wait characterization.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lmao

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You keep saying the Pats should have known. Well, BPD knew nothing about AH's criminal activity; they completely overlooked him at the club and did not even question him.

[/QUOTE]

That is not true. I do not keep saying that the pats should have known. I keep saying they should have asked, and should have checked. Per the article in the globe, according to the BPD, the pats security staff at the time, and the FBI, the Pats did not. The Pats have a huge budget for checking player back grounds, have a full time staff and have access to the NFL's even larger network and budget if they wish. 

Yes, the BPD may have been negligent and/or lazy, but unless someone is telling lies, so were the Pats. 

Unfortunately with regards to the BPD, another person was killed. Obviously to a much lesser degree of any importance, the Pats are left with an $8m cap hit and a gaping hole at the Move TE position. We can speculate on end if the Pats win the SB with Hern, regardless of the other injured players. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I believe they could have if they were doing their job. It should be routine to look at all of the surveillance tape from all of the cameras in the area. Why would you not? Next I am sure there were eye witness who could testify that AH and the victims were in the club at the same time. I am surprised they did not interview everyone who was in the club that night. I suspect their level of investigation had more to do with who the victims were than anything else. To them it look like just another gang related murder and no need to dig deeper. Who knows what would have happen if they did question AH at that time. Certainly it is plausible that future events might not have occurred for a number of reasons.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

I believe they could have if they were doing their job. It should be routine to look at all of the surveillance tape from all of the cameras in the area. Why would you not? Next I am sure there were eye witness who could testify that AH and the victims were in the club at the same time. I am surprised they did not interview everyone who was in the club that night. I suspect their level of investigation had more to do with who the victims were than anything else. To them it look like just another gang related murder and no need to dig deeper. Who knows what would have happen if they did question AH at that time. Certainly it is plausible that future events might not have occurred for a number of reasons.  

I think you hit it: the cops saw they were Black from Dortchester via the Cape Verdean Islands and thought it was a gang related murder.

They missed what was right in front of them on the local surveillance tapes. There were reports of a silver SUV speeding away from the murder scene and the cops did not check the tapes right near the club where the victims had spent the last few hours. AH and associate are seen waiting for the victims in a silver SUV. The cops did check the club tapes and noticed AH but never questioned him.

Lloyds death was tragic. Such is human existence. We are all frail and incomplete, the victims of our beliefs and misperceptions; yet we need to aspire to be all we can be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BDP couldn't have but BB and Kraft could have, right rkarp?  Gross negligence by drafting this guy. Everybody knew he was a murderer. They should have combed the dessert looking for any clues pointing toward AH being a serial killer, of which their were millions... PatsEng saw this one a mile away!

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Seriously calling out other posters to troll True? What has happened to you. You use to be a good poster, now you are just acting like Rusty

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Seriously calling out other posters to troll True? What has happened to you. You use to be a good poster, now you are just acting like Rusty

[/QUOTE]

isn't Truechamp one of Rusty's names on this board? All this time I thought I was talking to Rusty, or Doug or what ever he goes by these days!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

isn't Truechamp one of Rusty's names on this board? All this time I thought I was talking to Rusty, or Doug or what ever he goes by these days!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

True use to be a good poster and at times was critical of the Pats too. But, lately it's turned into utter blind faith defense of BB where you either are for everything he does or you are a basher no matter past comments of praise for BB. It makes me wonder if they are really fans of the Pats or just of BB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

After reading some of the posts on this thread I've changed my mind, the Boston Police were negligent. I get a feeling that perhaps they were a little too complacent with this now. Those tapes should of been checked - and easily could of if you're in law enforcement - I still feel at the time it would of been a stretch to implicate Hernandez, but they could of kept an eye on him for a while after...and probably others as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is not true. I do not keep saying that the pats should have known. I keep saying they should have asked, and should have checked. Per the article in the globe, according to the BPD, the pats security staff at the time, and the FBI, the Pats did not. The Pats have a huge budget for checking player back grounds, have a full time staff and have access to the NFL's even larger network and budget if they wish. 

Yes, the BPD may have been negligent and/or lazy, but unless someone is telling lies, so were the Pats. 

Unfortunately with regards to the BPD, another person was killed. Obviously to a much lesser degree of any importance, the Pats are left with an $8m cap hit and a gaping hole at the Move TE position. We can speculate on end if the Pats win the SB with Hern, regardless of the other injured players. 

[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Why don't the Pats just assume everyone on their team is a murderer? It's good policy. I'm surprised more businesses don't do it. Kraft needs to run background checks on Brady and Belichick like yesterday.

25. This post has been removed.