Could Burgess Be the Answer to the Pats' Pass Rushing Question?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Could Burgess Be the Answer to the Pats' Pass Rushing Question?

[QUOTE]I told everyone that Al Davis was going to be cagey about this move.

RESPONSE: You say that Davis is being cagey. I say that hes' being crazy.  

Once bitten twice shy, and BB bit half his ribcage out on the Moss deal.

RESPONSE: Yes, it appears he's intent to "get even". I thought that Davis pulled off a pretty good trade for his Raiders with the Patriots on draft day, getting the Pats to part with their 47th overall pick, plus a 4th and a 6th rounder...in order for the Pats to move up 7 slots to the 4oth overall pick, which they used to select NT Ron Brace.  

I had hoped (dreamed really) a third could get it done, but they want a third and second. Sorry. Burgess isn't worth Vollmer and O'Connel.

RESPONSE: Amen. 

Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Burgess isn't worth a second rounder, let alone that alleged ridiculous Davis demand of the 58th overall pick and O'Connell. Evidently, Uncle Al is not serious about trading him. Too bad for Burgess, who desparately wants out of Oakland. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

TexasPat
    It's my contention here that BB has a great deal of confidence in our current group of LB's. Not drafting an OLB or picking one up via FA. I'm sure if a good pass rushing OLB becomes available thru a trade that's right (some low draft picks) BB might pull the trigger. But knowing that the pass rush was one of our biggest concerns, it seems like BB is willing to go with what we already have. Your thoughts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

My apologies to all
    I am interested in everyone's opinion on my previous post. Also, to TexasPat, I just saw your earlier post saying you think BB isn't exactly happy with what he has at the OLB position. If this is still such a glaring problem, why hasn't he already made a move?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he is trying,but they dont want to give up to much etheir.he may not be to concern,but he may also be looking for insurance.this is why they were trying to acquire burgess.come training camp.the pats will have signed someone.rather its through a trade or free agency.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TexasPat It's my contention here that BB has a great deal of confidence in our current group of LB's. Not drafting an OLB or picking one up via FA. I'm sure if a good pass rushing OLB becomes available thru a trade that's right (some low draft picks) BB might pull the trigger. But knowing that the pass rush was one of our biggest concerns, it seems like BB is willing to go with what we already have. Your thoughts?
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

Ricky:

I don't think BB has as much confidence in his current group of OLB as you think. He likely was surprised that Jason Taylor spurned the Pats to stay in Miami for less money. Furthermore, according to the reports I've read, the Pats were working to get Derrick Burgess weeks prior to the draft.

That said, I don't see the Pats surrendering much more than a 3rd round draft choice in any trade for a veteran OLB.